• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They all only evolve if shiny though.

Which is a pretty unique mechanic, that I would love to see in the actual games.
I don't think I need to explain why this would be a bad idea.

For a fan game specifically targeted at shiny hunters, its fine. But in a main series game it'd be a massive middle finger to casual players.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The SEGA talk makes me remember how we need a new Virtua Fighter. Or in my opinion, a Fighters Megamix (characters from VF and Fighting Vipers, Rent-A-Hero, and Virtua Cop. Throw in Streets of Rage, Yakuza, Shenmue, Segata Sanshiro, maybe some Persona and Power Instinct too if Atlus is willing to play ball.)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
"Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii" is already a top 5 coolest video game subtitle of all time.

"The man who erased his name" is another high ranking one.

How do they keep doing it???

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm near the end of my Persona 5 Royal playthrough and I thought I'll probably take a break from this franchise after I beat the game so of course Sega decided to put 3 Reload on sale right now

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would go "erm ackshually Fighters Megamix is only supposed to involve Sega AM2 characters" but Yakuza might still fit, its director did a lot of work for Sega AM2's games before moving to Amusement Vision.
I get that that was the first one because AM2 made it and they used the characters they created (I think) but at this point so far out I think they should just use characters from across all SEGA.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm near the end of my Persona 5 Royal playthrough and I thought I'll probably take a break from this franchise after I beat the game so of course Sega decided to put 3 Reload on sale right now
one can never truly escape the ways of the Persona

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think I need to explain why this would be a bad idea.

For a fan game specifically targeted at shiny hunters, its fine. But in a main series game it'd be a massive middle finger to casual players.
Yeeeeah.

I feel like people forget how long Shiny hunting is outside of Scarlet/Violet lol.
If this was the old odds sure, but every game since black and white has made shiny hunting stupidly easy.

Ultra wormholes, sos, Dynamax adventures, friend safaris, mass outbreaks,and honestly probably a few others I forgot.

But the point stands that even though these pools contain limited pokemon, a majority of these odds usually take under an hour too find shiny pokemon.

So I think you could definitely make it work. If you wanted to go a step further, make the odds somehow higher for this pokemon by default, tie it into the lore. There’s certainly a few ways to make it work imo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
guess I gotta add Penguin to the list of comic characters with a shockingly great 2024 project that could end up being better than a Joker project

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The SEGA talk makes me remember how we need a new Virtua Fighter. Or in my opinion, a Fighters Megamix (characters from VF and Fighting Vipers, Rent-A-Hero, and Virtua Cop. Throw in Streets of Rage, Yakuza, Shenmue, Segata Sanshiro, maybe some Persona and Power Instinct too if Atlus is willing to play ball.)
Also add Phantasy Star Online to the list too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time for some Zen Studios Pinball updates:

1. A new original table launches October 24 on both Pinball FX and Pinball M. In this table, you take on the role of a camp counselor on the run from a mysterious killer. Will you be able to survive "Camp Bloodbrook"?

2. One of the three Williams tables launching in Pinball FX later this year is Earthshaker.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Time for some Zen Studios Pinball updates:

1. A new original table launches October 24 on both Pinball FX and Pinball M. In this table, you take on the role of a camp counselor on the run from a mysterious killer. Will you be able to survive "Camp Bloodbrook"?

2. One of the three Williams tables launching in Pinball FX later this year is Earthshaker.
This reminds me.

How would you do a pinball themed character in a fighting game? Can the mechanics of pinball be translated into a fighting game?

Shroob

Sup?
If this was the old odds sure, but every game since black and white has made shiny hunting stupidly easy.

Ultra wormholes, sos, Dynamax adventures, friend safaris, mass outbreaks,and honestly probably a few others I forgot.

But the point stands that even though these pools contain limited pokemon, a majority of these odds usually take under an hour too find shiny pokemon.

So I think you could definitely make it work. If you wanted to go a step further, make the odds somehow higher for this pokemon by default, tie it into the lore. There’s certainly a few ways to make it work imo.
If the odds are inherently higher, then that's not really a "shiny" anymore. It's just a rare alternate form like Authentic Sinistea/Poltchageist.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Sega put that hit on him. Big Hedgehog doesn't want you to know that.
So, Midori was cooked after years of leaking Nintendo data. For SEGA, not too far into his attempted comeback, already is being shot down.....
Screenshot_20240919_002909_YouTube.jpg

Man, SEGA is fast to cover potential leaks.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have a 98% on the compendium in P5R. I never even got close to that in 4 cause getting Personas in that game wasn't nearly as engaging. I can't argue that 5 isn't a better game than 4 gameplay wise but I still like 4 better

Also I'm definitely not playing 3 after this, I feel so burnt out and I still haven't fought the final boss

Top Bottom