• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it would be cool to take an old iDog, gut it, and replace some of the inside parts with the inside parts from a Google Home speaker to make a bluetooth capable iDog with a really good speaker.

Obviously you couldn't take out all of the insides or else the idog wouldn't still dance or flash it's lights. But I think a talented enough engineer could do it.

Unfortunately I am not a talented engineer.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I totally forgot about Ursaluna the Blood Beast. Such a badass 'mon.

Edit: Caught it in a Safari Ball. Dooooope~

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Street Fighter IV is fun. You gotta get into a grove with it though. Especially when playing arcade mode. Seth gets easier the more you beat him.

I’m also paying attention to like… characters movesets for the first time. Idk why but every time I played it before I just mindlessly mashed. But after having gotten really into V and trying to learn how the characters work there, I’m actually now trying to learn the characters. lol.

I know it sounds stupid. Of course if you learn the moves you’ll get better at the game. But I’ve been an idiot in the past I guess.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I think I gonna replay Violet from the beginning on a second account.

I'm noticing that I'm actually having fun with this. Super weird.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Does anyone know when mints become available? Pulled a Brave nature on my Fuecoco and that might be the worst ability it can have.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does anyone know when mints become available? Pulled a Brave nature on my Fuecoco and that might be the worst ability it can have.
I’m pretty sure you can find them randomly on the ground. Aside from that, you can win them in 5-Star raid battles.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay there is something about Indigo League that is driving me mad. What the heck is up with the Gary Oak fan club?

Who are these girls and why are they so obsessed with this random bully from Pallet Town? He's a professor's grandson, not a movie star.

Maybe I'm asking too many questions for a silly kids show about an electric mouse

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay there is something about Indigo League that is driving me mad. What the heck is up with the Gary Oak fan club?

Who are these girls and why are they so obsessed with this random bully from Pallet Town? He's a professor's grandson, not a movie star.

Maybe I'm asking too many questions for a silly kids show about an electric mouse
Tbf, there are also fans in real life obsessed with him so it's not like the show is unrealistic about that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I was going to try for 100 percent in Princess Peach Showtime but then I found out that you can't skip cut scenes when replaying levels. A lot of the collectibles also only give you one shot at getting them with absolutely no means of backtracking, forcing a full restart if you want everything.

Fun game, but very stupid design decision.

Shroob

Sup?
So like, I've been watching a lot of Disney-adjacent Youtube videos for a writing project I'm working on, and I got a vid for "Disney villains deaths least to worst bad"

......wait wait wait what the ****, you're telling me that

....the bad guy from the movie...becomes the Magic Mirror from Snow White...???? Wish is a prequel to Snow White...??? Is this some weird Disney cinematic universe where they're all connected???????

Noipoi

Howdy!
So like, I've been watching a lot of Disney-adjacent Youtube videos for a writing project I'm working on, and I got a vid for "Disney villains deaths least to worst bad"

....the bad guy from the movie...becomes the Magic Mirror from Snow White...???? Wish is a prequel to Snow White...??? Is this some weird Disney cinematic universe where they're all connected???????
The film was set up to be a sort of "omni-prequel" to every single Disney movie. How exactly that was supposed to work, I don't know.

It doesn't matter now anyway. The movie bombed and everyone seems content to forget about it, so they're probably just gonna scrap the idea :217:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The film was set up to be a sort of "omni-prequel" to every single Disney movie. How exactly that was supposed to work, I don't know
Does that include movies like ones that Disney eventually bought the rights to? Is it canonically a prequel to Dude, Where's My Car? or Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

It would've been a neat idea if the story and characters were better.

The film was set up to be a sort of "omni-prequel" to every single Disney movie. How exactly that was supposed to work, I don't know.

It doesn't matter now anyway. The movie bombed and everyone seems content to forget about it, so they're probably just gonna scrap the idea :217:
This also would've been a neat idea if the movie was just...better written in general.

It could've worked, too. There's tons of other references and Easter Eggs throughout the Disney animated canon that at least imply some of them could take place within the same universe. Rapunzel and Eugene have a cameo in Frozen, Evangeline from The Princess and the Frog is implied to be the very same Wishing Star from Pinnochio. the King and Duke from Cinderalla are among the guests at Eric's wedding in The Little Mermaid, etc.

But alas, Wish just...didn't quite stick the landing. The fact that it's not even the first animated Disney film in a while to be a flop + the very fact that it was supposed to be a celebration of their animated films and connected to each of them makes it an even more of a waste of potential.

I still think the villain song is legitiimately good, though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still think the villain song is legitiimately good, though.
I think every song in Wish is kinda clunky, but the villain song definitely isn’t the worst of them.

But the issue is that they hyped it up as a grand return to villain songs, but it doesn’t have anything that made those villain songs iconic. It isn’t a delightfully sinister indulgence into villainy, it’s a pop song with passive aggressive lyrics. It’s a big let down in that regard.
Yo Noipoi Noipoi my brother, what drawing program do you use?
Clip Studio Paint!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

From what I've heard, pretty much yeah.

If i remember correctly, the hilarious and quirky goat character says "I'm going to go create Zootopia" pretty much verbatim.

Top Bottom