• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Been playing the Investigations collection as it just came out today
View attachment 394047
This case also has someone say the word 'sus' due to thinking they're the killer and this case is a lot funnier than intended because of it
Enjoy your in for a wild journey. One of the best in the series, and trust me among us is more important to this game then you think lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm thinking about getting into the Bravely Default series.

Do I need to play the first game to understand the sequel? I never got the first game during the 3DS' run or before it's Eshop closed.
Asking this question here again since admittedly posting it super late probably wasn't my best idea lmao

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Asking this question here again since admittedly posting it super late probably wasn't my best idea lmao
If you're talking about Bravely Default 2 on the Switch, no, you don't need to play the other games to understand it.

But if you meant Bravely Second on the 3DS, that's a direct sequel to the first game so I'd recommend playing that one first.

The names are dumb. :dkmelee:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What in the royal hell is BUNDYCORE
something i invented two hours ago about the genre of being infatuated, or in love with, serial killers.

the oldest thing I think about when it comes to people like that is ted bundy fangirls

Shroob

Sup?
What’s the stats/moveset?
Adamant with Max Attack and Defense EVs

Contrary for its Ability

Tera Type of Fighting

Superpower(Max its PP)
Tera Blast
Skill Swap
Reflect

Held item depends. If you're doing it solo and don't mind resetting if you get Taunted, Shell Bell. If you keep getting Taunted, Mental Herb.

Turn 1 Skill Swap your Contrary for its Intimidate

Then purposefully ko yourself

Afterwards, set up a Reflect and keep spamming Superpower.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Do you think Astro Bot might be a possible contender to join smash bros despite being a Playstation exclusive character?

Shroob

Sup?
Been eyeing Disgaea 7 for awhile now.

75$ is steep, but the alternative is to get it after it leaves sale..... for 100 bucks which is a big ****ing oof.

Haven't played a Disgaea game since 4(Which I adored), and from the sound of it, the game 'basically' fixes all the mistakes that 6 did....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If you're talking about Bravely Default 2 on the Switch, no, you don't need to play the other games to understand it.

But if you meant Bravely Second on the 3DS, that's a direct sequel to the first game so I'd recommend playing that one first.

The names are dumb. :dkmelee:
Thank you! Yeah, I heard there a few different games in the series and that the exact "order" of them was confusing. I was talking about the Bravely Default 2 on the Switch since I have no idea how I'd get to play the 3DS games now.

That clears up the confusion for me and verifies that II is at least standalone enough that playing the first one isn't a necessity. Knowing that, I'm probably gonna start with Bravely Default II.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drew another Spider-Man. This time a bust shot, which I'm pretty happy with.

not really. Representing and crossing over all of WB is different from just crossing over DC and CN original characters. They would accomplish different goals and have very different rosters.

Also it wouldn't be a platform fighter.
I feel like you could just take the JL/JLU and Teen Titans characters and still just call it a Cartoon Network fighting game anyways. Hell, Brave and the Bold, Green Lantern TAS and Young Justice are also CN shows originally as well. That'd keep things simpler. I feel like if I made one of those, I'd focus a little more on the action shows, so like Generator Rex, Ben 10, Secret Saturdays and stuff like that. Though you'd still see a few characters from other stuff here and there.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I turned my roster for World Warriors (Capcom KoF) into a character select graphic. The characters outlined in red are intended to be DLC.
king_of_fighters_xiv_style_select_screen_template_by_blackrhinoranger_ddr0r8k.png
This is a list of the characters by row so you can tell who's who if you don't know them by sight.
Row 1
  • Team Code Holders
  • Bosses (Unplayable in base game, playable versions added as free updates)
    • Death (Note: The Main antagonist and who you fight when you win the tournament before you fight Bushin. His motivations are mysterious but he does want to summon Bushin)
    • Bushin (Note: Originally a boss from Forgotten World's who's name translates into "Martial God". He's also what Bushinryu (Guy and Zeku's martial art) is named after and designed to honor. Kimberly says as much in SF6 in one of her interactions and he's even on the back of Zeku's jacket. Perfect boss character for this kind of game)
    • Akuma (Note: Shin Akuma is the boss; regular Akuma is playable. Shin Akuma is just here in his typical "secret super hard extra boss" capacity)
Row 2
Row 3
Row 4
Row 5
Row 6 (Paid DLC)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do you think Astro Bot might be a possible contender to join smash bros despite being a Playstation exclusive character?
I mean maybe? I think the only real rules was that the character originates from a game. There was I think another ACTUAL one was "showing up on a Nintendo console at some point" Cloud didn't have a ton of Nintendo appearances, but some Kingdom Hearts and 3DS Final Fantasy games apparently mattered enough when it came to adding him. Pretty much every character had done so that was added to Smash, so that would be the actual hurdle I can think of.

The main thing is that we don't know how nice Sony is willing to play. But they did make Lego Horizons be put on the Switch. I guess you could make a case for Aloy then.

Personally, if there's anyone form the Playstation side of things being added to Smash, I would go for Ratchet and Clank first, or Kratos. Not that I'd mind Sly or Jak or Kat and so on. There's other PS icons I'd want more, but they were never really owned by Sony directly, namely Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash. And for Western games as a whole, Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Given how poorly the X-Box is doing this gen, I wonder if they'll play ball with Nintendo more now than they already have been. I mostly want to see more Killer Instinct stuff generally, but hey, it is what it is.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah... the more I play Metroid Prime: Federation Force, the more I strongly disagree with its reveal trailer being one of Nintendo's most disliked YouTube videos.

It's a well made product despite it being different to what people expect from the series.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Yeah... the more I play Metroid Prime: Federation Force, the more I strongly disagree with its reveal trailer being one of Nintendo's most disliked YouTube videos.

It's a well made product despite it being different to what people expect from the series.
I can see that. I was hoping for one of the Federation soldiers to become a playable character in a Smash Bros. game one day.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Just came out at the wrong time. This was after years of silence and before that was Other M.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just came out at the wrong time. This was after years of silence and before that was Other M.
Thankfully a year later it released there was Samus Returns and Prime 4's announcement (even if we've been waiting so damn long), with more Metroid goodies afterwards.

The Metroid brand is in a really good state now thankfully.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I mean maybe? I think the only real rules was that the character originates from a game. There was I think another ACTUAL one was "showing up on a Nintendo console at some point" Cloud didn't have a ton of Nintendo appearances, but some Kingdom Hearts and 3DS Final Fantasy games apparently mattered enough when it came to adding him. Pretty much every character had done so that was added to Smash, so that would be the actual hurdle I can think of.

The main thing is that we don't know how nice Sony is willing to play. But they did make Lego Horizons be put on the Switch. I guess you could make a case for Aloy then.

Personally, if there's anyone form the Playstation side of things being added to Smash, I would go for Ratchet and Clank first, or Kratos. Not that I'd mind Sly or Jak or Kat and so on. There's other PS icons I'd want more, but they were never really owned by Sony directly, namely Lara Croft, Spyro and Crash. And for Western games as a whole, Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Given how poorly the X-Box is doing this gen, I wonder if they'll play ball with Nintendo more now than they already have been. I mostly want to see more Killer Instinct stuff generally, but hey, it is what it is.
Based on past choices, you are right that xbox isn't in the best position after Ultimate. With the drama ongoing online and aftermath of Sony and Microsoft having so little games for their more advanced consoles, it would be a more of a long shot.

I just hope the current drama fad doesn't affect smash bros's next title development.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Enjoy your in for a wild journey. One of the best in the series, and trust me among us is more important to this game then you think lol
Oh I've played these games before, including the fan translation for AAI2, I haven't touched them since like 3 years ago when I marathoned the entire series out of anticipation for GAA, which I should also replay some time
And this is why I don’t trust public opinion on a games quality.
So you're telling me Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts 2 getting announced next year with zero plans for anything with the other games would be something you'll cheer about?

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh I've played these games before, including the fan translation for AAI2, I haven't touched them since like 3 years ago when I marathoned the entire series out of anticipation for GAA, which I should also replay some time

So you're telling me Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts 2 getting announced next year with zero plans for anything with the other games would be something you'll cheer about?
Well done Gwen. You maneuvered me into check mate.

Top Bottom