• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’ve never played it, but to me it sounds like one of those games that isn’t really bad. It just absolutely was not what the franchise needed at the time.

A real Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts moment.
Yeah but at least Metroid got its proper Banjo-Threeie and then some.

Shroob

Sup?
We got an optimal solo strat yet? It might be too early.
I'm seeing Panforo try a strat with Contrary Malamar with Skill Swap.

Since Incineroar spams bulk up soo much, it'll keep debuffing itself.

2 Caveats is that A: It uses Taunt, so no guarantee if it will or won't taunt you

B: You need to be KO'd so you get your own Contrary back.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 46: Heliolisk

I used to wonder why this thing could learn Surf. Until I realized it was a reference to the irl basilisk, aka the "Jesus Lizard", which is known for it's ability to run on water. You can even see it in action in New Pokemon Snap!

Anyway, underrated Pokemon. It feels kinda unfinished though. I definitely think it should get an evolution somewhere down the line, or at least a mega evolution in Z-A.

Shroob

Sup?

I used to wonder why this thing could learn Surf. Until I realized it was a reference to the irl basilisk, aka the "Jesus Lizard", which is known for it's ability to run on water. You can even see it in action in New Pokemon Snap!

Anyway, underrated Pokemon. It feels kinda unfinished though. I definitely think it should get an evolution somewhere down the line, or at least a mega evolution in Z-A.
Heliolisk ran so Walking Wake could.....walk?

StormC

Smash Hero

I really dig Heliolisk, I had convinced myself it was my favorite Electric type when XY came out even though I know better now (Luxray undefeated).

Definitely wouldn't mind if it got an evolution though.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm thinking about getting into the Bravely Default series.

Do I need to play the first game to understand the sequel? I never got the first game during the 3DS' run or before it's Eshop closed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Gotta be real. I feel like if I was in a room alone with Morgana and Teddy, Id like Teddy more because he would at least be able to woo me. Id just wanna stenagle Morgana

I'm thinking about getting into the Bravely Default series.
YEEEEESSSSSS

I mean

Yeah, I think you should

Ringabel best boy

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Started to play Palworld for real after trying it out a long while back. I can say is it is exciting to build, gather, train and setting up the base.
Died a lot of times and one of them is this explosive bird.
T_ColorfulBird_icon_normal.png

OMG I didn't expect raids on my base even though I'm the only player on my own created world

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I romanced Makoto in Persona 5. Earlier today I went back to an earlier save file from slightly before that and romanced Takemi and now I don't know which one to commit to

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I romanced Makoto in Persona 5. Earlier today I went back to an earlier save file from slightly before that and romanced Takemi and now I don't know which one to commit to
if not Makoto then make a 3rd save file to have all 3 women equally dated (or wait until the NG+ run to do that and date all 3 women in separate NG+ runs)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Goth doctor
I've decided to go for Makoto after all, I'm way further into that file.

Takemi is best girl though, I just feel kind of uncomfortable having the teenage protagonist date her

if not Makoto then make a 3rd save file to have all 3 women equally dated (or wait until the NG+ run to do that and date all 3 women in separate NG+ runs)
i don't plan on doing a NG+ run, at least not for a while. My backlog is way too loaded for me to do that

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People are saying “ oh no, a new OLED bundle for Christmas, means no switch two this month!”

Like no??????

If anything that is more fuel for the fire. A big part of Nintendo’s audience is parents who are working on a budget. If they see a switch two is coming and the OLED gets a bundle and special deal at Christmas, They will buy that instead. Giving their kid something newer that gives them plenty of game access, but without a higher price point.

Non parents who can wait to buy switch 2 will also do the same. If anything it could really increase holiday sales.

It gives people options and that’s always a good thing. Those who want a switch 2 right away will always seek it out year one no matter what. While there’s a portion of fans who have waited for that discount or bundle to buy the old one.

So I really don’t think anything prevents a switch 2 announcement and OLED bundle announcement being in the same month. Especially when they have a new Zelda to promote the OLED with.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
People are saying “ oh no, a new OLED bundle for Christmas, means no switch two this month!”

Like no??????

If anything that is more fuel for the fire. A big part of Nintendo’s audience is parents who are working on a budget. If they see a switch two is coming and the OLED gets a bundle and special deal at Christmas, They will buy that instead. Giving their kid something newer that gives them plenty of game access, but without a higher price point.

Non parents who can wait to buy switch 2 will also do the same. If anything it could really increase holiday sales.

It gives people options and that’s always a good thing. Those who want a switch 2 right away will always seek it out year one no matter what. While there’s a portion of fans who have waited for that discount or bundle to buy the old one.

So I really don’t think anything prevents a switch 2 announcement and OLED bundle announcement being in the same month. Especially when they have a new Zelda to promote the OLED with.
Well said, Z25! I was not aware something like this was the case, BUT many people seem to have a bad understanding of cause and effect, which is more complex than people might think.

Top Bottom