• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I remember not hating Federation Force, but completely understanding why most people were put off. No main titles in a while, and it a spin-off chibi game was the first thing in like half a decade. It was sorta like how Bad Box Art Mega Man in SFxTK was seen in bad taste at the time since like 3 Mega Man games got canned. Though that was only 2 years after Mega Man 10, the other games getting canned, Inafune leaving and no actual Mega Man in MVC3 made it poorly timed. I mostly feel for Castlevania fans, but at least Haunted Castle got a remake very recently. Konami in general will need to build up good will with people, but I can only see that REALLY paying off if they made a decently budgeted title with one of their bigger series. And one that's NEW not a remake.

Still has been a while since the last NEW Mega Man game by this point, unless you count XDive Offline. But the franchise has gotten some solid growth and a whole new generation of fans can get into most of the franchise at this time. So I'm hoping Capcom's plans of taking their time to build things up pays off. I think in the modern day where everyone wants the new thing right away is rubbing people off on that idea, but it still has its merits.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I hooked up my second HDMI to my Switch and booted it up after... ****, probably almost a year? Idk but I am gonna boot up Violet and remind myself why I dislike it. Jk I know why I hate this game but I got that Pokemon itch. ,_,

Edit: Azumarill clapped Incinegyatt.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Do you think Astro Bot might be a possible contender to join smash bros despite being a Playstation exclusive character?
Unlikely. Neither Sony or Nintendo has shown any interest in collaborating on Smash. Not impossible but a big change in the industry would have to occur.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I remember not hating Federation Force, but completely understanding why most people were put off. No main titles in a while, and it a spin-off chibi game was the first thing in like half a decade. It was sorta like how Bad Box Art Mega Man in SFxTK was seen in bad taste at the time since like 3 Mega Man games got canned. Though that was only 2 years after Mega Man 10, the other games getting canned, Inafune leaving and no actual Mega Man in MVC3 made it poorly timed. I mostly feel for Castlevania fans, but at least Haunted Castle got a remake very recently. Konami in general will need to build up good will with people, but I can only see that REALLY paying off if they made a decently budgeted title with one of their bigger series. And one that's NEW not a remake.

Still has been a while since the last NEW Mega Man game by this point, unless you count XDive Offline. But the franchise has gotten some solid growth and a whole new generation of fans can get into most of the franchise at this time. So I'm hoping Capcom's plans of taking their time to build things up pays off. I think in the modern day where everyone wants the new thing right away is rubbing people off on that idea, but it still has its merits.
God. What if UMvC3 HD got dlc that gave it equal numbers of characters to mvc2 and its just Mega Man Classic, Captain Commando, Asura, Captain Marvel, The Thing, and Black Widow.

Monster Hunter would be a good choice too idk.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Unlikely. Neither Sony or Nintendo has shown any interest in collaborating on Smash. Not impossible but a big change in the industry would have to occur.
Sony (through their Guerrilla Games studio) showed interest in Aloy being in Smash after Lego Horizon was revealed…if that really counts

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Current conversation reminded me, rate my new MvC roster

IMG_4113.jpeg

Been trying to get back into drawing, I've been slacking recently. Might start posting to websites again once I have enough stuff.

Anyway here's something I did today, it's a concept I've had for a while but I just got around to drawing it :nifty:

Sick work! Need to get back into digital art again myself

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While I never get tired of playing the old games, a new Mega Man sure would be nice... :drsad:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Been trying to get back into drawing, I've been slacking recently. Might start posting to websites again once I have enough stuff.

Anyway here's something I did today, it's a concept I've had for a while but I just got around to drawing it :nifty:

ca7e0dd661d60a55e5ba271674379d3e.gif

Stop being better then me at
drawing
/j

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Celebrating my birthday today as another year flies by.
Happy Birthday!

Nice. It's always good to see you constantly improving. And I hope you'll be more confident in your style too. The composition is really nice too with the large stream of tears wrapping around the whole head. You've also got a strong sense of shapes. The character would look recognizable enough when in silhouettes.

I should probably stop strictly linking my drawings to twitter, since the images don't show up and I can't expect everyone to click the links. But that also requires me to be willing to just crop since the original images are PNGs that pretty high quality a lot of the time.
Current conversation reminded me, rate my new MvC roster

View attachment 394086

Sick work! Need to get back into digital art again myself
Most of these choices make sense and are pretty cool. I guess on a personal level I'd swap out Adam Warlock for someone I'd actually care about, like Daredevil or Moon Knight if Blade has to be DLC. Also booting Hawkeye for the GOAT Taskmaster. But that's a part of my Agenda.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Inside Out 2 has outgrossed The Lion King 2019 by about $10 million.
THANK GOD!
Inside Out 2 finally can be call the highest grossing animated film of all time with no asterisk.
Celebrating my birthday today as another year flies by.
Happy new year!

Wait.
700,000,000 eggs was FAR to low of a goal for big run
Try 900,000,000 eggs.
Somehow I think we will reach even this goal.
Also, I FINALLY GOT A GOLD TROPHEY IN A BIG RUN WITH 169 EGGS!

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Wish Universal/Aruze sells it's video game division. They didn't make anything with it from a long time ago.
Hamster can get the 80s arcade games (Mr.Do!, Ladybug), while I dunno where Shadow Hearts go. (I bet for SNK)
Not sure how expensive the rights are, since it's a pachinko company.

Top Bottom