• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like with Spider-Man, or ANY protagonist really(especially an action/adventure protag), you gotta balance The Struggle with Triumph. If the hero has no struggles or flaws, they'd be boring and annoying. But too much misery is also boring and annoying as well.

I do feel like MCU Spider-Man sanded down a lot of his interesting aspects. But like half of the recent comic runs are trying to hard to piss off fans intentionally. Any of Peter's side books tend to not suffer from this issue much. I dunno.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Marvel Editorial doesn't like the idea of Peter Parker being happy, so they introduced an impossibly perfect guy named Paul to be Mary Janes Romäence Partnær (Including raising 2 kids), while Peter was doing some multiverse thing, and it isn't very well written and became a meme.

and also he looks different in every single panel

EDIT: This also comes after years of dealing with one of the single most hated Spider-man stories of all time with One More Day, where Peter Parker sold his marriage to Mephisto to revive Aunt May. and they refuse to undo it for whatever reason.
Tbh the funniest thing about Paul is learning his kill count is apparantly higher than Carnage when Zeb Wells wrote him

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Is it a hot take to say that Persona 5's soundtrack is overhyped and that 4's is overall much better?

Like I have a lot of things I like about 4 more than 5 but the soundtrack is specifically a point that people really praise about 5 and I do think it has some great tracks but 4 has a lot more of them and also they're better

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it a hot take to say that Persona 5's soundtrack is overhyped and that 4's is overall much better?

Like I have a lot of things I like about 4 more than 5 but the soundtrack is specifically a point that people really praise about 5 and I do think it has some great tracks but 4 has a lot more of them and also they're better
I can only speak in the sense that, P5's music is memed on for a reason. That a lot of people who only listen to game OSTs don't appreciate the long and storied history of music as a whole, especially jazz music. Hell, most people in the mainstream have that issue with Jazz in particular. Hence the "Persona 5 invented Jazz" jokes people make.

And it's only with certain Hip-Hop artists where Jazz samples are heavily used/referenced can you see more mainstream respect for Jazz. But even that is often understated. Though I do have respect for the game composers that enjoy and implement Jazz music into their work.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

P4s ost gives me a vibe p5s cant give me

osby

Smash Obsessed

I like both but after a while, most of P5 ost either boils down to like, two different type of tracks for me.

For all the flack P4 gets for "ew, jpop", I think the use of the same leitmotif is a lot stronger in it and there's a wider range of memorable tracks for me.

Top Bottom