• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some people think this recent TCG set with a peculiar starter selection is a hint towards the starters in Z-A.

And while I think it's just a big fat coincidence, I suppose anything's possible. I'd be pretty cool with this set up, I like all three starters and their evolutions a fair amount.

Torterra could be based on the Versailles garden, with the grass on it's back being a more prim and proper well maintained landscape. Along with marble sculptures instead of spikes, perhaps making it a rock or even fairy type.

Feraligatr could easily be a sewer gator, based on the paris sewers and catacombs. I could see it being creepier and slimier, maybe a ghost or poison type.

And as for Litten-
The worst selection of pokemon ive ever seen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The premium showcase files for Kingdom Hearts 3 recently leaked and apparently a Cars world was considered for the game (the highlighted text below)

View attachment 393749

That would've been funny to see that happening.
IMG_9290.jpeg

and then the heartless showed up and it turns out mater is actually the secret fourteenth member of Organization XIII

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Japanese game that I ordered a while back has arrived and I'm deciding what to do with it. I am eager to play it but the time that order shipped a localization reveal happened the exact same day.

So I got 3 choices:
  • Man up and play in Japanese
  • Pray for an English update for this game
  • Send the game back and buy the English version

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The Japanese game that I ordered a while back has arrived and I'm deciding what to do with it. I am eager to play it but the time that order shipped a localization reveal happened the exact same day.

So I got 3 choices:
I just bought a Touhou game on Steam and I also have no idea how to speak Japanese. I tried winging it and playing it as is, and I managed to get to Level 3 before getting destroyed.

I also tried the manual. It's also in Japanese. I'm gonna try and hunt for a English patch.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Super Mario Run is still up
And Mario Kart Tour, although that game is on borrowed time with no new content.
How is it still up. That game's a fossil by this point.
It still gets some events (such as statues for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2), but I think the game itself is a "one and done" purchase, meaning it is the least microtransactiony of all Nintendo mobile games.

Shroob

Sup?
And Mario Kart Tour, although that game is on borrowed time with no new content.

It still gets some events (such as statues for Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion 2), but I think the game itself is a "one and done" purchase, meaning it is the least microtransactiony of all Nintendo mobile games.
Oh, it's a paid game, okay that makes more sense.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
According to their website they just had a big update with a new playable character (Daisy) and a new game mode.
The funniest part is, that update has been the big update since like 2017

It did actually have new updates but weren't advertised for some reason, they had a Mario Wonder and TTYD Remake event

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well damn.

Miyamoto refuses to let it die? I don’t have a good excuse. :194:
It's not like the other mobile games. It's not focused on making as much money from microtransactions as possible, the only thing you need to buy is the complete game for $10.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

So I got 3 choices:
My decision isn't final but I'm currently learning towards keeping my Japanese copy.

I had a pretty good idea on what my objectives were when playing the Japanese demo and I could just watch the English cutscenes online.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage CD album art; “Psychic & Dragon” by take, Hitoshi Ariga and Yusuke Ohmura, ft. Psychic Miku, Meloetta, Dragon Miku, and Miraidon:

This is the last CD album art, I think.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope the Indie game thing goes over well, not sure what to expect with the 3rd party jawn outside of MAYBE just MAYBE the MVC Collection release date, I know it got leaked for November, but not everyone will know that. Other than that, hoping Tekken/Soul Calibur/Mortal Kombat also somehow get collections, even if announcing that at the Nintendo direct solely on third parties is unlikely.

Some people think this recent TCG set with a peculiar starter selection is a hint towards the starters in Z-A.

And while I think it's just a big fat coincidence, I suppose anything's possible. I'd be pretty cool with this set up, I like all three starters and their evolutions a fair amount.

Torterra could be based on the Versailles garden, with the grass on it's back being a more prim and proper well maintained landscape. Along with marble sculptures instead of spikes, perhaps making it a rock or even fairy type.

Feraligatr could easily be a sewer gator, based on the paris sewers and catacombs. I could see it being creepier and slimier, maybe a ghost or poison type.

And as for Litten-
Armor King is back to terrorize Pokemon like he's supposed to. Feraligator should get SOMETHING so I hope a new typing will make his OD.

OK. What do you think the easiest way to unlock Dante in Smash Crusade would be? You have to get a 25+ combo.
Probably some flamethrower type of move, if you can get the opponent next to a wall. Same with maybe Fox's kicks, and if Chun plays like she's supposed to, that would also apply to Lightning legs if you're good at mashing and keeping them at a wall.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm deciding if I should give Nintendo Land's Metroid Blast another chance during my playthrough of the Metroid series.

It'll be a low priority if I do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My hopes for the directs tomorrow are a new warriors, project x zone 3, new and random Nintendo collab with a random franchise,

and after the fair leak the other day? Why not throw a new danganropa because we need more fun mystery games.

Although none of this probably happen and we get emilo instead

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hope the Indie game thing goes over well, not sure what to expect with the 3rd party jawn outside of MAYBE just MAYBE the MVC Collection release date, I know it got leaked for November, but not everyone will know that. Other than that, hoping Tekken/Soul Calibur/Mortal Kombat also somehow get collections, even if announcing that at the Nintendo direct solely on third parties is unlikely.

Armor King is back to terrorize Pokemon like he's supposed to. Feraligator should get SOMETHING so I hope a new typing will make his OD.

Probably some flamethrower type of move, if you can get the opponent next to a wall. Same with maybe Fox's kicks, and if Chun plays like she's supposed to, that would also apply to Lightning legs if you're good at mashing and keeping them at a wall.
I got him (the F8 cheat still works lol)

Top Bottom