• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, so this may make me look like an idiot, but um...

"Partner Showcase + Indie World"

What's the difference? :yoshi:
One can feature companies like Atlus or Capcom or Square-Enix or Valve (like that's gonna happen)

The other can't.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
OK what is it with all this Paul stuff?
Marvel Editorial doesn't like the idea of Peter Parker being happy, so they introduced an impossibly perfect guy named Paul to be Mary Janes Romäence Partnær (Including raising 2 kids), while Peter was doing some multiverse thing, and it isn't very well written and became a meme.

and also he looks different in every single panel

EDIT: This also comes after years of dealing with one of the single most hated Spider-man stories of all time with One More Day, where Peter Parker sold his marriage to Mephisto to revive Aunt May. and they refuse to undo it for whatever reason.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Predictions. Get your predictions in for this.

...also the post Direct poll is gonna be fun trying to determine what goes in (I will say, the first and last announcement of each will be included).
Wild prediction; the Sonic 3 trailer will be in the Nintendo Direct.

Shroob

Sup?
A part of me wonders if they're announcing SMT Vengeance DLC tomorrow.

They're holding a Twitter poll for a new quest to be added into the game....

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marvel Editorial doesn't like the idea of Peter Parker being happy, so they introduced an impossibly perfect guy named Paul to be Mary Janes Romäence Partnær (Including raising 2 kids), while Peter was doing some multiverse thing, and it isn't very well written and became a meme.

and also he looks different in every single panel

EDIT: This also comes after years of dealing with one of the single most hated Spider-man stories of all time with One More Day, where Peter Parker sold his marriage to Mephisto to revive Aunt May. and they refuse to undo it for whatever reason.
People hated MCU spider man until they made him suffer. I thought the only way people liked Peter was if he was miserable.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
People hated MCU spider man until they made him suffer. I thought the only way people liked Peter was if he was miserable.
The recent Ultimate comics have continued to prove that is not the case.

In this continuity Peter is married, has 2 kids and even Uncle Ben is alive. and these are some of the best comics to come out of Marvel in a long time.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This video I watched the other night about a hypothetical roster:

Reminded me that it would be amazing to have a third game announced tomorrow in the presentation. The Wii U I played more than Mario kart because it was actually just that fun.

So much potential for a third game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man

Remember Scott poster

That was soo in character that other sites thought he WAS Scott?
Back when the site was populated enough to actually have in-character users. Remember those days? The main thread used to go through dozens of pages in a day, and everyone was getting banned because we were posting wacky ****.

We’ve definitely mellowed out over the years. Wonder what Scottposter is up to.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Back when the site was populated enough to actually have in-character users. Remember those days? The main thread used to go through dozens of pages in a day, and everyone was getting banned because we were posting wacky ****.

We’ve definitely mellowed out over the years. Wonder what Scottposter is up to.
Me, "I'm too old for this ****. Staying up late hours into the night to see if they add Scrimblo Bimblo to the next Smash. Besides, a huge amount of the roster's gonna be cut next game, what's the point."

Me the moment the next Smash is announced, "LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

1724725763701.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 393768

People liked MCU Peter before No Way Home wtf are you talking about?

Are you real? I don’t think you’re real.
I could have sworn there were people on this very board who were saying mcu Peter was a horrible character until no way home made him suffer and that Peter needed to have bad things happen to him all the time in order to be a good character. I’m gonna search the boards and find my proof that this happened god damn it. I don’t post about spider man that often.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I could have sworn there were people on this very board who were saying mcu Peter was a horrible character until no way home made him suffer and that Peter needed to have bad things happen to him all the time in order to be a good character. I’m gonna search the boards and find my proof that this happened god damn it. I don’t post about spider man that often.
Now I’m sure there are some people out there who want Peter Parker suffering 24/7, like weirdos.

But what I remember is that people thought it was an interesting idea to have Peter’s entire journey in the MCU, the adventures he’s had, the people he’s lost, and the sacrifices he’s had to make, all leading up to him becoming a more classic interpretation of Spider-Man. Which is very different from just wanting him to be miserable all the time.

I swear, you get these weird ideas in your head and just run with them :054:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now I’m sure there are some people out there who want Peter Parker suffering 24/7, like weirdos.

But what I remember is that people thought it was an interesting idea to have Peter’s entire journey in the MCU, the adventures he’s had, the people he’s lost, and the sacrifices he’s had to make, all leading up to him becoming a more classic interpretation of Spider-Man. Which is very different from just wanting him to be miserable all the time.

I swear, you get these weird ideas in your head and just run with them :054:
I can’t quote the old posts because the thread is locked. But I can point the finger at the man who posted the opinions that made me think people only liked Peter if he suffered.

Step forward. Z25 Z25 !

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had no idea that was their account lol. it was a good video though.
I can’t quote the old posts because the thread is locked. But I can point the finger at the man who posted the opinions that made me think people only liked Peter if he suffered.

Step forward. Z25 Z25 !
huh? I’m not sure if you’re talking about spider man or the last post I made lol.

As for spider-man, I probably touched upon it a long time ago, don’t know if I said it like that. But if I did, it was probably because that’s exact how Spider-Man Twitter was acting. And now they are mad that it’s not going to be a grounded story focusing on Peter’s street level growth. But yet a big complaint for Tom holands films have been that he hasn’t had any grounded stories, which is the core of his character. Which usually comes with suffering sure, but most people are mad about that every Tom film was basically “how did iron man **** over Peter’s life this time” as opposed to his conflicts being naturally created as a result of Peter’s actions trying to do good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not really hyped up for the movie as much as others are, but I hope we get some Sonic SA1 and 2 ost.

Edit: unrelated but I have to declare something.

The Goat from Cult of the Lamb is now my 2nd favorite goat character in video gaming.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm not really hyped up for the movie as much as others are, but I hope we get some Sonic SA1 and 2 ost.

Edit: unrelated but I have to declare something.

The Goat from Cult of the Lamb is now my 2nd favorite goat character in video gaming.
As soon as I saw we could play as Goat in single player, i got the fleese asap

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will admit that after the Knuckles show was…what it was, I’d lost just a smidgen of excitement for Sonic 3. The lack of any info wasn’t helping either.

So I’m hoping this new trailer kicks me in the ass and gets me hyped again.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I had no idea that was their account lol. it was a good video though.

huh? I’m not sure if you’re talking about spider man or the last post I made lol.

As for spider-man, I probably touched upon it a long time ago, don’t know if I said it like that. But if I did, it was probably because that’s exact how Spider-Man Twitter was acting. And now they are mad that it’s not going to be a grounded story focusing on Peter’s street level growth. But yet a big complaint for Tom holands films have been that he hasn’t had any grounded stories, which is the core of his character. Which usually comes with suffering sure, but most people are mad about that every Tom film was basically “how did iron man **** over Peter’s life this time” as opposed to his conflicts being naturally created as a result of Peter’s actions trying to do good.
I think part of the reason I ran with it the way I did was because, according to my own posts from the time, I was just very angry at marvel for no reason. As opposed to now when I’m mostly indifferent. I can’t even make up a fake reason.

Around the time no way home came out was when I first broke away from the mcu after hating Endgame and I guess I was just rebelling hard after spending most of my childhood, adolescence, and college years obsessively into a universe and characters I barely liked to begin with because they were superheroes and they were the ones getting movies.

I let go if that anger mostly but I think I provoked people into saying things that I would then take and run into completely weird/bad faith directions just to justify being angry at marvel and marvel fans. And that’s not ok. I need to let go and let bygones be bygones.

Shroob

Sup?
I think part of the reason I ran with it the way I did was because, according to my own posts from the time, I was just very angry at marvel for no reason. As opposed to now when I’m mostly indifferent. I can’t even make up a fake reason.

Around the time no way home came out was when I first broke away from the mcu after hating Endgame and I guess I was just rebelling hard after spending most of my childhood, adolescence, and college years obsessively into a universe and characters I barely liked to begin with because they were superheroes and they were the ones getting movies.

I let go if that anger mostly but I think I provoked people into saying things that I would then take and run into completely weird/bad faith directions just to justify being angry at marvel and marvel fans. And that’s not ok. I need to let go and let bygones be bygones.
Character development... I mean it's season 5 and our viewership isn't as good as season 2 but they can't say we're Flanderized!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I will admit that after the Knuckles show was…what it was, I’d lost just a smidgen of excitement for Sonic 3. The lack of any info wasn’t helping either.

I’m glad I never watched it.

The Knuckles show just reals of insufficient budget to me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The trailer has a lot to do

it has to Blow the balls off of girl And kick nois ass.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 36: Slurpuff

If you poked Slurpuff, would it jiggle? Or would it be soft like cotton candy?
Now who said it couldn't be both?

I really like Slurpuff's design. I'm a massive foodie if you weren't aware, and I'm fond of dogs. Slurpuff is essentially a weird cotton candy cake dog. ...is it a dog? It's very stylized, much like how the Spritzee line are very stylized flamingos. But I like how it looks, and I like cake, so really that's all I need :happysheep:

Top Bottom