• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

• Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

• Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

• MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maria is going to be shot off-screen and only seen by Shadow. That's what I'm expecting. These films are too lighthearted to do show something like that onscreen.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For post-Sonic 3. This is my idea of how other Mobian characters could be introduced into the movie franchise like Amy, Rouge, Cream, Vector, Charmy, Espio and such.

You could have Mobians begin moving to earth and settling kind of like how the surviving Asgardians settled on earth and making a town like New Asgard. Thoughts on this idea?

And how more Mobians could be involved in the movies forward.

Let's be honest I don't think we're gonna have any Sonic films taking place off of earth given how costly CGI would be for all the backgrounds.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sonic 3 looks really great. Visuals are still on point and I dig the more serious vibes the trailer has.
Yeah, this looks pretty rad.
GERALD'S ALIVE??

Also no Amy or Rouge. Sad.
Amy is the post credits according to leaks. No idea how she shows up but she’s likely too.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't believe how easy it is to make pixel art animations.

Yes I made a pixel art animation. No I'm not sharing, I'm not giving away my game's assets when it's still early in development, I do NOT want this stolen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I can't believe how easy it is to make pixel art animations.

Yes I made a pixel art animation. No I'm not sharing, I'm not giving away my game's assets when it's still early in development, I do NOT want this stolen

can’t stop me now :p

Lady Maryse

sakura for sf6!
Premium
Hi, there! Today is my birthday! I am now 63 years old, and my ticker's still operating perfectly, thank you very much. One of my neighbors made me a cake in the shape of a "?" block and had sour patch kids and m&ms inside. They also treated me to dinner at the local thai restaurant, so that should be wonderful. My birthday wish? That sakura gets into street fighter 6. I'm holding off on that game until then, but I still plan on buying no matter what.

My name is lady maryse. It was on this day in 1961 I was born in the small town of fairmont, west virginia. When 1964 rolled around, though, I moved to atlanta georgia and have been living in and around that city since then. I'm a single african-american female, and I was taken in by a decent black family in the summer of 1990 when the last of my real family passed away from complications. I actually met them and visited them a lot since my elementary school years. I graduated high school in 1979 in jonesboro georgia and haven't gone back to school since because **** literature classes...not that I failed my literature classes, I found it hard to do deep analysis on the books I read.

I don't drive. I don't ever smoke. I rarely watch tv. When the olympics are broadcast, I tend to root for team japan even though I should be cheering for team usa. I have social anxiety. I do have a thing for female fighters in fighting games (except for taki and setsuka in soulcalibur, I ****ing hate them, and don't get me started on alpha patroklos and sc6 haohmaru). In the fall and winter, I play video games. In the spring and summer, I take a break from gaming and read books (most notably the star wars novels, urban fiction, adult mystery fiction, and adult sci-fi fiction) from my friendly neighborhood library and hibernate like a bear. Like a vampire, I tend to be active in the overnight hours. I prefer cold weather over hot weather. I favor sweets and diet soda and asian cuisine. I rarely exercise. I collect yugioh cards. I learn japanese on and off. I love watching dsp salt compilations when I'm bored. In more recent times, I type proper nouns as if they were common nouns. The time I'm on these forums is spent playing some of the forum games, chillin' with the profile post gang, seeing what goes down on this particular thread, and occasionally the smash speculation thread. Speaking of, I hope my girl :ultrosalina: gets into the next smash with her racing outfit as an alt.

My only job is being a poll clerk since it's really the only thing I can do, boring though it is. I don't work a regular job due to my social anxiety. I've been doing this since 1982 and I get by on what they pay. Aside from that, I thank god every day that I have a place to stay, clothes to wear, food to eat, entertainment to enjoy, money to help me survive, et cetera and like that. When the day comes that I end up in an old folks home, I'll be ready. I hope to live beyond 100 years old and see flying cars.

So yeah, I'm not your average senior citizen. Btw, I went back through this expansive thread for master zinith's birthday post and deviated from that for mine. :starman:

Any and all birthday wishes would be appreciated. If not, that's okay. I'm-a still consider y'all goofballs good friends and won't ever think less of you. :starman:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hear that Live and Learn remix in that trailer.

Better be in the movie or I'm going postalnon Paramount.
Hi, there! Today is my birthday! I am now 63 years old, and my ticker's still operating perfectly, thank you very much. One of my neighbors made me a cake in the shape of a "?" block and had sour patch kids and m&ms inside. They also treated me to dinner at the local thai restaurant, so that should be wonderful. My birthday wish? That sakura gets into street fighter 6. I'm holding off on that game until then, but I still plan on buying no matter what.

My name is lady maryse. It was on this day in 1961 I was born in the small town of fairmont, west virginia. When 1964 rolled around, though, I moved to atlanta georgia and have been living in and around that city since then. I'm a single african-american female, and I was taken in by a decent black family in the summer of 1990 when the last of my real family passed away from complications. I actually met them and visited them a lot since my elementary school years. I graduated high school in 1979 in jonesboro georgia and haven't gone back to school since because **** literature classes...not that I failed my literature classes, I found it hard to do deep analysis on the books I read.

I don't drive. I don't ever smoke. I rarely watch tv. When the olympics are broadcast, I tend to root for team japan even though I should be cheering for team usa. I have social anxiety. I do have a thing for female fighters in fighting games (except for taki and setsuka in soulcalibur, I ****ing hate them, and don't get me started on alpha patroklos and sc6 haohmaru). In the fall and winter, I play video games. In the spring and summer, I take a break from gaming and read books (most notably the star wars novels, urban fiction, adult mystery fiction, and adult sci-fi fiction) from my friendly neighborhood library and hibernate like a bear. Like a vampire, I tend to be active in the overnight hours. I prefer cold weather over hot weather. I favor sweets and diet soda and asian cuisine. I rarely exercise. I collect yugioh cards. I learn japanese on and off. I love watching dsp salt compilations when I'm bored. In more recent times, I type proper nouns as if they were common nouns. The time I'm on these forums is spent playing some of the forum games, chillin' with the profile post gang, seeing what goes down on this particular thread, and occasionally the smash speculation thread. Speaking of, I hope my girl :ultrosalina: gets into the next smash with her racing outfit as an alt.

My only job is being a poll clerk since it's really the only thing I can do, boring though it is. I don't work a regular job due to my social anxiety. I've been doing this since 1982 and I get by on what they pay. Aside from that, I thank god every day that I have a place to stay, clothes to wear, food to eat, entertainment to enjoy, money to help me survive, et cetera and like that. When the day comes that I end up in an old folks home, I'll be ready. I hope to live beyond 100 years old and see flying cars.

So yeah, I'm not your average senior citizen. Btw, I went back through this expansive thread for master zinith's birthday post and deviated from that for mine. :starman:

Any and all birthday wishes would be appreciated. If not, that's okay. I'm-a still consider y'all goofballs good friends and won't ever think less of you. :starman:
Happy birthday! 63? That's like 50 years younger than Shroob Shroob , now he's elderly.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Happy bird day

Noipoi

Howdy!

Happy birthday!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My prediction is they switch up the story a bit and G.U.N steal or convince robotnik to give them Sonic’s quiil.

They then create metal sonic who goes rogue and almost kills Maddie’s niece. But shadow will step in to stop that as to prevent another Maria and their destruction. Leaving him and Sonic to team up against G.U.N but not needing to be friends.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sonic 3 looks hype. I hope they focus more on the Sonic the Hedgehog stuff and not the supporting (read, unfunny) human cast besides Tom and his Wife.

Also also, I need For True Story when Sonic and Shadow have their final fight

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, this looks pretty rad.
GERALD'S ALIVE??

Also no Amy or Rouge. Sad.
Amy might be in the post credits scene.

Maybe they’ll save Rouge and Omega for the inevitable spinoff Shadow movie.

Saw the trailer. Freakin excited!

I honestly thought though we were gonna have Sonic telling Shadow he sounded like Keanu Reeves as well as some John Wick references.

Though I'm disappointed Tom and Maddie doesn't have a newborn daughter name Maria and that Robotik didn't come back as Metal Sonic... Perfect oppotunity to have been the next "Save Martha" moment. Shadow being reminded what he's doing isn't what Maria would have wanted.
I think it would be cool if they did a Knuckles Chaotix movie to have both Metal Sonic as a villain and introduce the Chaotix.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Direct was really good outside of Pizza Tower and FNAF.
Castlevania DS collection is so ****ing good, CVS IS BACK LETS GO, why they didn't bring over Yakuza 0 too I dunno but K1 is neat

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Calling it.

Gerald is actually dead. What were seeing is Black Doom in disguise.
Well if you want the rumored explanation for this:
The movie involves time travel and this was leaked by the same people who outlined what the trailer would be. So it seems likely to be true. This would explain how they meet Gerald without him being alive in modern times.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm gonna ****ing cry, CastleVania Order of Ecclesia's one of my favourite games of all time, bought that **** as soon as I got home from friends, the Pachinko RPG game looked kind of fun and hot damn I feel like I might need to finish Cold Steel cause I love Bestelle from Trails in the Sky

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am worried about Sonic 3 but that trailer at points was peak cinema.

Happy Birthday

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'm gonna *ing cry, CastleVania Order of Ecclesia's one of my favourite games of all time, bought that * as soon as I got home from friends, the Pachinko RPG game looked kind of fun and hot damn I feel like I might need to finish Cold Steel cause I love Bestelle from Trails in the Sky
No one should suffer through Cold Steel lmao

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Happy birthday!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm very happy with Capcom Fighting Collection 2 and the DS Castlevania collection.

Happy birthday!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_4314.jpeg

…they’re obviously preparing to watch the Sonic 3 trailer

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Poll is up.

Tried my best to get a variety of items in, though with 2 different presentations, there were going to be omissions. If you don't see your favorite, write it in!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I checked out the CastleVania collection for a sec ans almost cried hearing Rhapsody of the Forsaken (Arranged) in the music list. Handheld mode also has touch controls which is nice cause it feels easier than moving the right stick, especially as Albus gets that sweet teleport in his mode

EDIT: LETS ****ING GOOOOOOO DAWN OF SORROW'S MAGICAL SEALS ARE BASIC QTES INSTEAD OF THE NONSENSE TOUCH CONTROLS

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finally home after a long and tiresome day at work. Now I share my thoughts on this busy Tuesday;
  • Sonic 3 trailer is so kick-ass! Gerald Robotnik is alive??
  • Shrek power washing?
  • Date Everything! made me a bit uncomfortable, ngl
  • Pizza Tower shadow drop is very nice
  • Star Overdrive is a maybe for me
  • More legacy Capcom fighting games? Yes please!
  • Wait, Norimaro is actually still in the Marvel vs. Capcom collection? Why did I keep hearing the reports that he was scrubbed out of the game prior to today's news?
So a bunch of good news today to help my crazy work day a little more tolerable.

Top Bottom