• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 37: Inkay

I've already shared this story, but it'll always be funny how the fandom seriously thought Inkay would be a yak when it's name was first leaked.
Inkay is such a cute little squiddy fren that it's honestly kind of sad that it evolves into one of the most malevolent Pokemon we have right now.

Though maybe that's cuz I'm just a sucker for cephalopods. Lol.

I also find Psychic/Dark to be a really interesting type combo in theory, even though it's pretty dogwater in practice. (Don't make me talk about the Love type again lol)

Shroob

Sup?
Inkay is such a cute little squiddy fren that it's honestly kind of sad that it evolves into one of the most malevolent Pokemon we have right now.

Though maybe that's cuz I'm just a sucker for cephalopods. Lol.

I also find Psychic/Dark to be a really interesting type combo in theory, even though it's pretty dogwater in practice. (Don't make me talk about the Love type again lol)
You did that on porpoise, didn't you?

A bit fishy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok I have to hear more about that. Why a yak?
mad susie.png

WELL

The names for Inkay and Malamar were leaked before the actual Pokemon were shown off, as well as the fact that their evolution line would have something to do with flipping or reversing.

So the fandom took the whole reversing thing and decided to flip the names, giving us Yakni and Ramalam. So clearly these Pokemon must be a yak that evolves into a ram!

Even though those are two completely separate kinds of creatures :079:

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 393802
WELL

The names for Inkay and Malamar were leaked before the actual Pokemon were shown off, as well as the fact that their evolution line would have something to do with flipping or reversing.

So the fandom took the whole reversing thing and decided to flip the names, giving us Yakni and Ramalam. So clearly these Pokemon must be a yak that evolves into a ram!

Whoa Black Betty
Ramalam

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 393802
WELL

A fish turns into an octopus in pokemon already. A yak turning into a ram is fine.

But yeah, that reasoning is pretty funny.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
kinda crazy that from Classic Mega Man to X, the bosses went from funny robots to android furries with the occasional plant one (and also a fungi one time).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
kinda crazy that from Classic Mega Man to X, the bosses went from funny robots to android furries with the occasional plant one (and also a fungi one time).
I still don’t get why. All reploids were created based on X’s design. So why don’t they all look relatively human like X, Zero, and Sigma?

It’s just a gimmick to differentiate it more from Classic I tell ya.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I still don’t get why. All reploids were created based on X’s design. So why don’t they all look relatively human like X, Zero, and Sigma?

It’s just a gimmick to differentiate it more from Classic I tell ya.
Because Doctor Cain was a closet Furry AND had an obsession with plants. :040:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Isn't that basically what that one Brawl mod does? Kinda?
Still missing OG Mega Man. But it has Sub-Zero, Mega Man X, Zero and Vectorman. They even have an Under-Night and BlazBlue character for more fighting game originals. I know SOMEONE did a Brawl Mega Man back during Smash 4. But I'd like to think a cleaner version could be made, with maybe his 3DS model.

I heard that the plan was to add everyone from Ultimate at some point though. Ridley, K.Rool, Incineroar, Terry, Sora, Kazuya are in. Can't remember if Ken is. Pyra and Mythra had to be separate. While I do think getting as much of the Smash 4 and Ultimate cast should take priority. I like seeing some new weirdos in.

Top Bottom