• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, SNK has been putting all of there games solo-dolo for like multiple console gens. Capcom has like 4 fighting game collections out. And at least Rare Replay had KI1 and KI2. So I'm REALLY hoping Mortal Kombat gets another collection. Even if it's split into 2 collections. MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3 and MK Trilogy. 2nd one could be MK4, MKDA, MKD and MKA. Hell, if it was ALL of them in one that'd be nice.

And don't get me started on Tekken and Soul Calibur. They could use the re-releases for sure. SC2 getting on a Nintendo system again, and MAYBE we get the rights to Spawn again, we'll get all 3 guests officially. Or the Arcade version of Tekken Tag on console, even if I still like the PS2 Version more, I think it would be neat.

AND if we're EXTRA lucky, Konami decides to drop a Bloody Roar collection with 1,2,3,Extreme/Primal Fury and I guess 4. They've done stuff for Castlevaina, Contra and Metal Gear, though obviously, those games are bigger.

OK. Why Project Justice and not the original Rival Schools? And why Plasma Sword and not the original Star Gladiator?
I'll agree that Rival Schools 1 should have been there. But Project Justice generally improves on nearly everything in that game. Fighting Jam could've been skipped in favor of that. Who knows, maybe they had issues adapting the game? Sometimes weird **** like that happens.

At this point the Street Fighter EX games might not be an impossibility. So Rival Schools 1, Star Gladiator 1, Final Fight Revenge and Tech Romancer are like the major fighting games that haven't gotten re-releases, y'know before the Modern era. So I would say overall Capcom has a good track record with this stuff. And I hope they keep this up for the foreseeable future.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man, SNK has been putting all of there games solo-dolo for like multiple console gens. Capcom has like 4 fighting game collections out. And at least Rare Replay had KI1 and KI2. So I'm REALLY hoping Mortal Kombat gets another collection. Even if it's split into 2 collections. MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3 and MK Trilogy. 2nd one could be MK4, MKDA, MKD and MKA. Hell, if it was ALL of them in one that'd be nice.

And don't get me started on Tekken and Soul Calibur. They could use the re-releases for sure. SC2 getting on a Nintendo system again, and MAYBE we get the rights to Spawn again, we'll get all 3 guests officially. Or the Arcade version of Tekken Tag on console, even if I still like the PS2 Version more, I think it would be neat.

AND if we're EXTRA lucky, Konami decides to drop a Bloody Roar collection with 1,2,3,Extreme/Primal Fury and I guess 4. They've done stuff for Castlevaina, Contra and Metal Gear, though obviously, those games are bigger.

I'll agree that Rival Schools 1 should have been there. But Project Justice generally improves on nearly everything in that game. Fighting Jam could've been skipped in favor of that. Who knows, maybe they had issues adapting the game? Sometimes weird **** like that happens.

At this point the Street Fighter EX games might not be an impossibility. So Rival Schools 1, Star Gladiator 1, Final Fight Revenge and Tech Romancer are like the major fighting games that haven't gotten re-releases, y'know before the Modern era. So I would say overall Capcom has a good track record with this stuff. And I hope they keep this up for the foreseeable future.
I also wouldn’t mind a switch port of SF4 and Marvel 3

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Oh shoot I have a lot to catch up on.

For post-Sonic 3. This is my idea of how other Mobian characters could be introduced into the movie franchise like Amy, Rouge, Cream, Vector, Charmy, Espio and such.

You could have Mobians begin moving to earth and settling kind of like how the surviving Asgardians settled on earth and making a town like New Asgard. Thoughts on this idea?

And how more Mobians could be involved in the movies forward.

Let's be honest I don't think we're gonna have any Sonic films taking place off of earth given how costly CGI would be for all the backgrounds.
In addition to Amy and Rouge...I'd love to see the Babylon Rogues make an appearance someday. I really miss my fluffy birbs.

And ofc you know I'm begging to see the Deadly Six in a Sonic movie.

Hi, there! Today is my birthday! I am now 63 years old, and my ticker's still operating perfectly, thank you very much. One of my neighbors made me a cake in the shape of a "?" block and had sour patch kids and m&ms inside. They also treated me to dinner at the local thai restaurant, so that should be wonderful. My birthday wish? That sakura gets into street fighter 6. I'm holding off on that game until then, but I still plan on buying no matter what.

My name is lady maryse. It was on this day in 1961 I was born in the small town of fairmont, west virginia. When 1964 rolled around, though, I moved to atlanta georgia and have been living in and around that city since then. I'm a single african-american female, and I was taken in by a decent black family in the summer of 1990 when the last of my real family passed away from complications. I actually met them and visited them a lot since my elementary school years. I graduated high school in 1979 in jonesboro georgia and haven't gone back to school since because **** literature classes...not that I failed my literature classes, I found it hard to do deep analysis on the books I read.

I don't drive. I don't ever smoke. I rarely watch tv. When the olympics are broadcast, I tend to root for team japan even though I should be cheering for team usa. I have social anxiety. I do have a thing for female fighters in fighting games (except for taki and setsuka in soulcalibur, I ****ing hate them, and don't get me started on alpha patroklos and sc6 haohmaru). In the fall and winter, I play video games. In the spring and summer, I take a break from gaming and read books (most notably the star wars novels, urban fiction, adult mystery fiction, and adult sci-fi fiction) from my friendly neighborhood library and hibernate like a bear. Like a vampire, I tend to be active in the overnight hours. I prefer cold weather over hot weather. I favor sweets and diet soda and asian cuisine. I rarely exercise. I collect yugioh cards. I learn japanese on and off. I love watching dsp salt compilations when I'm bored. In more recent times, I type proper nouns as if they were common nouns. The time I'm on these forums is spent playing some of the forum games, chillin' with the profile post gang, seeing what goes down on this particular thread, and occasionally the smash speculation thread. Speaking of, I hope my girl :ultrosalina: gets into the next smash with her racing outfit as an alt.

My only job is being a poll clerk since it's really the only thing I can do, boring though it is. I don't work a regular job due to my social anxiety. I've been doing this since 1982 and I get by on what they pay. Aside from that, I thank god every day that I have a place to stay, clothes to wear, food to eat, entertainment to enjoy, money to help me survive, et cetera and like that. When the day comes that I end up in an old folks home, I'll be ready. I hope to live beyond 100 years old and see flying cars.

So yeah, I'm not your average senior citizen. Btw, I went back through this expansive thread for master zinith's birthday post and deviated from that for mine. :starman:

Any and all birthday wishes would be appreciated. If not, that's okay. I'm-a still consider y'all goofballs good friends and won't ever think less of you. :starman:
Sorry I'm so late. Have a happy birthday! May all your most wanted characters get into Smash!

View attachment 393787
…they’re obviously preparing to watch the Sonic 3 trailer
Spyro is so forgotten he didn't even get invited.

Don't you love it when you intend to take a short nap only to nap longer than usual and feel like **** afterwards? So much fun yay!
WHEW, been there. This has happened more times than I can count.

And as for me...well, I just found a map of the setting of Exotic Escapade, and my god the show looks better and better with every passing moment
1724798056012.png

LOOK AT ALL THE DIFFERENT BIOMES

RAINFOREST. VOLCANO. ROCKY MOUNTAINS. A BIO-LUMINESCENT FOREST THAT IS GONNA LOOK FREAKING BEAUTIFUL.

AND IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY THERE'S A MYSTERY ISLAND???

THIS SHOW IS GONNA BE THE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ANIMATION IN NEARLY 100 YEARS, PERIOD.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They should re-do the Knuckles show to have him hanging out with the Chaotix, maybe fighting Metal Knuckles or something.

I also wouldn’t mind a switch port of SF4 and Marvel 3
Neither would I. But I THINK most of these releases apply to stuff that's pretty old or lacks Physicals releases on modern platforms. USF4 and MVC3 are on Steam. And UMVC3 got a PS4/XBONE release which I think is back-compat. I think Switch USF4/UMVC3 would tie it all together, but I can see how it wouldn't be a high priority like the previous titles are.

Who knows, maybe the next Nintendo console will get those 2 or even SF5, if its exclusivity deal is up with Sony by then.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They should re-do the Knuckles show to have him hanging out with the Chaotix, maybe fighting Metal Knuckles or something.

Neither would I. But I THINK most of these releases apply to stuff that's pretty old or lacks Physicals releases on modern platforms. USF4 and MVC3 are on Steam. And UMVC3 got a PS4/XBONE release which I think is back-compat. I think Switch USF4/UMVC3 would tie it all together, but I can see how it wouldn't be a high priority like the previous titles are.

Who knows, maybe the next Nintendo console will get those 2 or even SF5, if its exclusivity deal is up with Sony by then.
Also I just remembered Capcom Fighting All-Stars Evolution. The 3D game that was canceled and then they made Fighting Evolution. From what I understand it’s mostly finished and people love it when unreleased games get on these collections. They could put it in Collection 3 with the games you mentioned.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Good news with the Touhou game I bought: I managed to figure out the control scheme.

I’m playing with an Xbox controller and when I got it, Left Bumper was pause. At first I tried manipulating Steam settings, but that led to a variety of issues (Steam says controllers aren’t supported). All I had to do was mess with some settings and now the Xbox Menu button pauses.

Now I can properly play the game… or listen to the music again…

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Capcom really should just do a "Capcom vs. Capcom" or "Capcom All-Stars" fighter at this point. Yeah, a new CvS/SvC/MvC/TvC would all be cool but at this point I really only care about the Capcom characters.

KillerCage

Smash Master
The Sonic 3 trailer was sick! Also Gerald Robotnik is alive and Eggman's father???
I want to play that Castlevania Dominus Collection after going through the Advance Collection.
I also loved Max's reaction to the second Capcom Fighting Collection.

Hi, there! Today is my birthday! I am now 63 years old, and my ticker's still operating perfectly, thank you very much. One of my neighbors made me a cake in the shape of a "?" block and had sour patch kids and m&ms inside. They also treated me to dinner at the local thai restaurant, so that should be wonderful. My birthday wish? That sakura gets into street fighter 6. I'm holding off on that game until then, but I still plan on buying no matter what.

My name is lady maryse. It was on this day in 1961 I was born in the small town of fairmont, west virginia. When 1964 rolled around, though, I moved to atlanta georgia and have been living in and around that city since then. I'm a single african-american female, and I was taken in by a decent black family in the summer of 1990 when the last of my real family passed away from complications. I actually met them and visited them a lot since my elementary school years. I graduated high school in 1979 in jonesboro georgia and haven't gone back to school since because **** literature classes...not that I failed my literature classes, I found it hard to do deep analysis on the books I read.

I don't drive. I don't ever smoke. I rarely watch tv. When the olympics are broadcast, I tend to root for team japan even though I should be cheering for team usa. I have social anxiety. I do have a thing for female fighters in fighting games (except for taki and setsuka in soulcalibur, I ****ing hate them, and don't get me started on alpha patroklos and sc6 haohmaru). In the fall and winter, I play video games. In the spring and summer, I take a break from gaming and read books (most notably the star wars novels, urban fiction, adult mystery fiction, and adult sci-fi fiction) from my friendly neighborhood library and hibernate like a bear. Like a vampire, I tend to be active in the overnight hours. I prefer cold weather over hot weather. I favor sweets and diet soda and asian cuisine. I rarely exercise. I collect yugioh cards. I learn japanese on and off. I love watching dsp salt compilations when I'm bored. In more recent times, I type proper nouns as if they were common nouns. The time I'm on these forums is spent playing some of the forum games, chillin' with the profile post gang, seeing what goes down on this particular thread, and occasionally the smash speculation thread. Speaking of, I hope my girl :ultrosalina: gets into the next smash with her racing outfit as an alt.

My only job is being a poll clerk since it's really the only thing I can do, boring though it is. I don't work a regular job due to my social anxiety. I've been doing this since 1982 and I get by on what they pay. Aside from that, I thank god every day that I have a place to stay, clothes to wear, food to eat, entertainment to enjoy, money to help me survive, et cetera and like that. When the day comes that I end up in an old folks home, I'll be ready. I hope to live beyond 100 years old and see flying cars.

So yeah, I'm not your average senior citizen. Btw, I went back through this expansive thread for master zinith's birthday post and deviated from that for mine. :starman:

Any and all birthday wishes would be appreciated. If not, that's okay. I'm-a still consider y'all goofballs good friends and won't ever think less of you. :starman:
Happy new year!

Wait.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok now, here is the big question, whose gonna adopt Shadow. Sonic, Knuckles and Tails mom and dad or Eggman and his granpa?
Nobody. Sonic’s gonna offer to let him join the family but he’s gonna decline, saying he needs to go his own way.

Gerald will be imprisoned and Eggman will valiantly sacrifice himself for the cause.

Top Bottom