• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games Incident

OK no. I thought this might be what the problem is and I refuse to take it as a legitimate complaint. If you're mad at a word because it sounds like a completely different word when said with a specific accent then you're just looking for reasons to be offended.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OK no. I thought this might be what the problem is and I refuse to take it as a legitimate complaint. If you're mad at a word because it sounds like a completely different word when said with a specific accent then you're just looking for reasons to be offended.
I'm not trusting a white woman on whether or not something is a mere slip of the tongue away from a racial slur is people trying too hard to be offended

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nobody could change the fact that it’s a homophone, and it obviously isn’t done with harmful intentions. I’m not even offended, so get off your high horse. :iwatadirect:

Anyways, Neggman would’ve been better imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nobody could change the fact that it’s a homophone, and it obviously isn’t done with harmful intentions. I’m not even offended, so get off your high horse. :iwatadirect:

Anyways, Neggman would’ve been better imo.
OK. I can't, in good conscious, get into the weeds about the proper way to pronounce a slur. But I will just say that if you say it in my accent (unaccented american english) then the two words do NOT sound alike at all.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I drew Scarlet Witch. For the most part I like it. Though I should've re-sized the body to match the head a little better, given how cartoony it looks this way.

Is Hornet Man a stretch?
I don't think he flies like Blast Hornet, but I mean, he's still Hornet themed. It looked like Honey Woman was gonna fly though, and she got to be in the comics. There's still other animal themed Robot Masters, but it's a major theme in MMX/MMZ/MMZX.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know, before making these post direct polls I should start checking the Japan Directs as there may be exclusive items in them.

Case in point, some Disney rhythm game is a Japan exclusive.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Croc's games are getting a remaster, and perhaps more importantly, Argonaut games as a whole is returning! They also made I-Ninja. Pretty damn solid PS2/Gamecube/X-Box era platformer. It WAS supposed to get a sequel, since it was fairly successful, but the rest of the games made by the company were lagging behind and it wasn't enough to carry on at the time. I'm hoping that it gets it's remaster. I finally got to play it myself last year after playing the demo a bunch as a kid. So I feel like it's an un-sung hero of sorts for the time.

EDIT: I FORGOT. They also made Buck Bumble, that's another title to Re-release someday too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know some people are obviously starving for actual NEW games. I totally get that, but in general, I'm glad that game preservation it making some strides these past few years. It's not perfect, but A LOT of games are getting ports and remasters. I do think straight up ports are probably better for keeping things as authentic as possible, but man, I'm glad people can play most of the Mega Man, Sonic, Contra, Streets of Rage, Castlevaina, Street Figther, Darkstalkers, MVC, KOF, Fatal Fury, Killer Instinct and Tomb Raider titles. I do wish Nintendo did more physical collections, but there's at least an online presence for a good chunk of Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby and 2D Metroid titles. They still SHOULD do physicals releases though.

And I am again asking them to lock in with Mortal Kombat and Tekken.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Croc's games are getting a remaster, and perhaps more importantly, Argonaut games as a whole is returning! They also made I-Ninja. Pretty damn solid PS2/Gamecube/X-Box era platformer. It WAS supposed to get a sequel, since it was fairly successful, but the rest of the games made by the company were lagging behind and it wasn't enough to carry on at the time. I'm hoping that it gets it's remaster. I finally got to play it myself last year after playing the demo a bunch as a kid. So I feel like it's an un-sung hero of sorts for the time.

EDIT: I FORGOT. They also made Buck Bumble, that's another title to Re-release someday too.
The king is back!

Also, isn't Croc the game that sold equally as Banjo? Kinda humorous that it is getting a Remaster before BK ever get a new game.

Also also, when's the Malice remaster?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The king is back!

Also, isn't Croc the game that sold equally as Banjo? Kinda humorous that it is getting a Remaster before BK ever get a new game.

Also also, when's the Malice remaster?
Re-releasing Malice might re-bankrupt them.

Though I gotta wonder how many QoL changes they'll make to Croc of all things, let alone other games they could do in the future.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Strive getting a Switch port makes SOME sense, they did make DBFZ run on Switch. And from what I can tell, it runs well enough(I have DBFZ on PS4). HGG seemed to like it enough when he was labbing Janemba in its early release days.

I think the weirder part is that, it wasn't held off until the next console. Cause we KNOW its coming soon, but that's about it. I suppose it's cause there's an established install base that it's safer. But I would have figured putting a major title on a new Nintendo system to get Nintendo's typical audience's cash in your pockets would have been the move.

Still, I hope for GG fans, it'll run more like DBFZ supposedly did, or even MK11 being a decent "Handheld" port rather than MK1's incredibly shoddy port job was. Speaking of, does anyone know how much MK1's Switch could have been fixed up, if at all?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Speaking of, does anyone know how much MK1's Switch could have been fixed up, if at all?
On the subject of that, the fact that a Switch port even exists makes me wonder why it wasn't on the PS4 and Xbone.

On the Switch, it looks terrible, but on PS5/XSX, it looks like...not something that screams "I CAN'T run on the older consoles". Certainly they wouldn't be as awful as the Switch port, and it'd help revive the game a little bit, it not having PS4 and Xbone players to play against is partially why its playerbase is on the decline.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On the subject of that, the fact that a Switch port even exists makes me wonder why it wasn't on the PS4 and Xbone.

On the Switch, it looks terrible, but on PS5/XSX, it looks like...not something that screams "I CAN'T run on the older consoles". Certainly they wouldn't be as awful as the Switch port, and it'd help revive the game a little bit, it not having PS4 and Xbone players to play against is partially why its playerbase is on the decline.
Yeah, hard to say, other than trying to be as "Next Gen" as possible, While the Switch is basically a glorified handheld port from back in the day. But it is NRS's first Unreal 4 game I think. From MK9 to MK11 they were using a custom Unreal 3. So the fact that MK1 looks about as good as MK11 on their first pass on a new engine says something.

It's weird cause a PS4 port could help with numbers, but people also complain about PS5 not having games cause half the PS5 games are also on PS4. So it's lose-lose for Sony, not for NRS tho. And then you have X-Box, which is doing Wii-U numbers yet doesn't get the "No games" meme cause that might require people to own the system first.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And then you have X-Box, which is doing Wii-U numbers yet doesn't get the "No games" meme cause that might require people to own the system first.
Ironically it's even more worthy of that meme because MS doesn't want any game to be exclusive to the console, they all have to be playable on PC too.
other than trying to be as "Next Gen" as possible
I can tell the reflections on stages like Johnny Cage's mansion are too fake to be ray-tracing, so that isn't exactly "next-gen".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They are probably reaching here but I’ve seen a few interesting points made for different scenes. If anything they edited Shadow out of these scenes, but we will see.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo platforms trying to run the majority of Sony titles
View attachment 393841
the kitchen after the team of Palutena, Yukkiko, Rise, and Chie are done with it
The joke here is that the PS5 has no exclusives, therefore the Switch will explode trying to run a game of nothing. It's like dividing by zero
I can’t imagine a world where the PS5 had games

Top Bottom