• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only thing stopping me from immediately buying Sonic X Shadow Generations is a Chao Garden

SEEEEEGAAAAAAA!

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only thing stopping me from immediately buying Sonic X Shadow Generations is a Chao Garden

SEEEEEGAAAAAAA!
I still don’t get why people are so obsessed with Chao Gardens. I played the SA games and barely touched it. Couldn’t even figure out how to hatch a Chao until like… endgame of SA2’s third playthrough.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The reason The Acolyte got cancelled is because Disney milked the Star Wars brand dry and no one cares anymore.

Seriously I can't stress enough how the oversaturation of content makes me want to vomit even when I don't watch any of it, it's actively making me like the franchise less

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Marvel Rivsls launches December 6th and looks peak:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Marvel Rivsls launches December 6th and looks peak:
it's another pvp hero shooter. It's "Peak" isn't very high.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
You wanna know my hot take? I think Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the best Ratchet and Clank game we've gotten since 2005.

Yes it IS obviously a Kirby game, just in the Third Dimension, but a lot of its elements DID remind me of Ratchet and Clank. Kirby has upgradable 'weapons' (aka his copy abilities) just like modern Ratchet and Clank games (heck, he even got a gun) and explores a different, non-Popstar world that is very alien in its design. In addition, the story of the game takes a lot more of a sci-fi angle, with the ultimate antagonist being VERY alien in appearance, and having quite the sci-fi horror motive.

What makes this game work so much better than modern Ratchet and Clank, though, is that the storytelling doesn't feel at all disrespectful to past Kirby stories, nor does it forget about past Kirby theming or traditions despite the shift to 3D. It still feels like it fits in wonderfully with Kirby's trademark Deep Lore™ and horrifying eldritch entities. As opposed to modern Ratchet and Clank games, which feel like they're actively ashamed of the series' roots with their pivot to stories covering ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS and A TIME-TRAVELLING CLOCK and CLANK'S FATHER and RATCHET IS THE LAST LOMBAX EXCEPT WHEN HE ISN'T and its constant-freaking-abandonment-of-90%-of-characters, as well as how it effectively abandoned the themes of criticizing capitalism and consumerist culture, a HUGE draw of the first few games. #HaShTaGgAdGeTrOn

Yes, Kirby has deep lore and excellent storytelling, but it's not shoved in the faces of players, it's used to effectively add flavor and meaning to the Kirby universe. It's really quite subtle.

Then again, it's probably not a fair comparison, cuz Kirby isn't as strictly driven by continuity as Ratchet and Clank is. But Ratchet and Clank's continuity-driven nature only makes the fact it regularly abandons important characters all the more glaring. ANGELA SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MAINSTAY AND I'M DYING ON THAT HILL.

God, I'm sorry, I just needed to get that out there. To end off on a positive note, Forgotten Land really helped me appreciate the Kirby franchise a lot more. I didn't really think about Kirby much as opposed to Mario or Fire Emblem or Pokemon before its release (and I've never really formed any attachment to the character himself despite his reputation as a Very Powerful Creature), but now I can say I totally understand what makes the series so special.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a ****ing Joker boss fight in Reload oh my ****

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It’s not that creepy. It’s just a whale.
Fair enough. I think what gets most people about it are it's expression and the sheer size of the animatronic.

Also, fun fact: the park closed in the late 60s and has long since been demolished, but whale animatronic is still sitting there underwater in the lake to this day, fully intact and in largely good condition.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In Terry's Stage I noticed Joe, Blue Mary and It's hard to tell with the lighting but I think Roxy from Final Fight is also there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Unlike Teddie who I liked for a bit, I want to toss Morgana onto the train tracks
Morgana offends me on a personal level, not because of anything he says, but he does a Kamen Rider reference, he brings great dishonour to that franchise's name
Please dont Obliterate that twink. Akechi needs him
Sorry but Aigis will curbstomp him, as they say

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it's another pvp hero shooter. It's "Peak" isn't very high.
As someone who’s played the last alpha test, it’s definitely way better than most hero shooters. Also it’s already ahead of overwatch by not making you buy the characters. A stupid choice that ruined 2 out of the gate. I played 100 of hours on overwatch and rivals just has way more potential imo. Between the team up mechanics, way it handles its micro transactions, the general gameplay and styles for everyone, etc. feels like they built upon everything they worked with overwatch and made it better.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To be completely fair Lord and Miller have proven themselves to not be good at actually managing creative projects after the Spider-Verse fiasco. Still, I do hope they can at least finish that trilogy
Whilst I do agree with you the bolded and like you said I'd probably expect them to helm the final Spider-Verse film at least.

In addition, Mai Shiranui is revealed as the latest addition for Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't know how exactly how the Backyard Sports series is returning, but I'd be perfectly fine if it's just ports of the early games.

Shroob

Sup?
Bruh Joker is a superboss in P3R's DLC, I'm gonna obliterate that twink
I'd make a "whoa, phrasing" joke, but that was 100% the intent behind it lol.

I still don’t get why people are so obsessed with Chao Gardens. I played the SA games and barely touched it. Couldn’t even figure out how to hatch a Chao until like… endgame of SA2’s third playthrough.
Disclaimer in that I'm like, the furthest thing from a Sonic fan, I really don't care much, at all, about the series.

But it's just a fun little side, sim mode.

Think of it like a tamogatchi. It's not MY cup of tea personally, but people love little things where they can grow a creature.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We got Genshin Impact on Xbox before Genshin Impact on Switch.

Strange times we live in.

Oh, and the upcoming Indiana Jones game will come to Playstation 5 in Spring 2025.

Top Bottom