• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Atlus: there is not enough time to add Kotone to Persona 3 Reload in any capacity bros
Also Atlus: JOKER

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry looks sick in SF6. Power Wave, Burn Knuckle, Crack Shoot, Rising Tackle, Power Charge and Power Dunk are all back. Which makes sense. Those are his staple moves in most games, with 4 of them being nearly every moveset of his, and the other two being common enough. I think the thing that really surprises me is that Quick Burn(That Blue Punch move)from 2002 came back. And so did Fire Kick from Fatal Fury 3(Maximum Impact also had Fire Kick on one of Terry's versions if I remember correctly.)

I'm curious as to how Power Geyser's two variations work. Maybe he has two level 3's like Akuma? We'll probably find out soon enough.

I wasn't expecting Mai to have a biker chick design for her new look, though I was expecting something different, given how Terry and Billy look. Nor am I surprised that Terry and her get their old looks back in City of the Wolves as well.

That Secret Level Anthology series looks neat. Mega Man, Sifu and God of War's episodes are the ones I'm looking forward to. Mega Man especially, but that's obvious to anyone who knows me, lmao! They also are gonna have Pac-Man as one of the episodes, so that's cool too.

After a **** movie, they have revealed Borderlands 4.

What a turn of events.
That was probably planned ahead of time, whether they thought the movie would flop hard or not.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That was probably planned ahead of time, whether they thought the movie would flop hard or not.
Games nowadays take too long for Borderlands 4 to be an "oh **** we gotta save the franchise" thing anyway.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I'm curious as to how Power Geyser's two variations work. Maybe he has two level 3's like Akuma? We'll probably find out soon enough.
The Steam description for Terry talks about it:
For resource hoarders that are hungry like the wolf, Terry's Level 2 Super Art, Power Geyser, will send opponents flying after a volcanic explosion. If it hits, Terry can expend 3 Drive Gauge bars to follow-up with Twin Geyser. If that hits, Terry can then spend 1 Super Art gauge for the ultimate Triple Geyser, dealing a massive amount of damage for a Level 2 Super.
He's for all the meter dumpers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I ****ing sick and tired of seeing Joker in other Persona games
Please, please atlus
don’t worry…Renren will appear in the next game you play

and then be the main character of Persona 6…and Persona 5 specifically will not only get more spinoff sequels, but will also add all Phantom Thieves and Kawakami and Sojiro as playable characters for the next Smash game…and they’ll start a Persona Cinematic Universe…which will then start the Sega Cinematic Universe by connecting with the Sonic movie franchise…

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, right

I dunno if it was posted here yet, but the Japanese voice actress for Bayonetta, alongside several other roles like Makoto from Ghost in the Shell, passed away today.

TheMiSP

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Amazing MHWilds creature designs with Lala Barina and Rey Dau, much better new roster so far than both Worldborne and Risebreak. Great explanation for how Rey Dau performs its railgun attack. Apparently the Temnocerans (Lala Barina being the 3rd of the series alongside Rakna-Kadaki and Nerscylla) are a rare species in general in-universe, but I'm just glad to see a new one under the helm of the mainline director last seen in 4U which is about a decade ago. Worldborne monster roster and creature design was just too safe because that title bore the mantle of multi-platform franchise debut for The West. Just wished that we got a release date.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looked into this purely for Venom.

I... don't know what's going on. The game looks like a game? I think I'll need to watch more gameplay.
It’s really fun, and a better version of overwatch from what I played. People were considered about monetization, but there were 3 surveys handed out in the alpha, and they definitely listened to feedback, as one of the questions was, what did you like about heroes and what did you want for future. With one of the options being they were free.

So games already off to a big start and I can’t wait.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Backyard Sports FILM?
My favorite part is when Pablo Sanchez said "Es hora de Backyardin'" and then Backyarded all over the Blue Wombats.

In all seriousness I wanna know who's behind all this when Backyard's been the only Humongus series that wasn't put on Steam in 2014 thanks to legal issues that were more than just MLB, NFL etc. licensing.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My favorite part is when Pablo Sanchez said "Es hora de Backyardin'" and then Backyarded all over the Blue Wombats.

In all seriousness I wanna know who's behind all this when Backyard's been the only Humongus series that wasn't put on Steam in 2014 thanks to legal issues that were more than just MLB, NFL etc. licensing.
Playground Productions is handling this return. They currently haven't confirmed if professional leagues or athletes are happening.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I saw Alien Romulus earlier this afternoon. I definitely see why it’s being considered as the best Alien movie since Aliens. I did hear a spoiler before seeing it but that “spoiler” wasn’t fully accurate so it didn’t dampen my experience. While you don’t need to watch any of the previous films in the franchise, it does bring in elements from the OG Alien and Prometheus as those were the most obvious to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 30: Honedge

Most people usually scoff at object mons, but when it comes to Honedge the reaction is "Hell yeah, ghost sword!"

I'll also note that I always liked how, when the blade is sheathed, the holes on the scabbard makes it look like a grinning face. Just some of that Pokemon design creativity that I appreciate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t think this was posted, but this show actually looks and sounds really cool:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey so quick question about Metal Overlord in Sonadow Gens, anyone else think he'll talk during the fight? The demo's stages had Shadow talk to Black Doom and Biolizard and Neo Metal/Overlord talking is a pretty big deal which characterized Metal Sonic to this day. I swear to god, this game needs to stop looking perfect

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 30: Honedge

Most people usually scoff at object mons, but when it comes to Honedge the reaction is "Hell yeah, ghost sword!"

I'll also note that I always liked how, when the blade is sheathed, the holes on the scabbard makes it look like a grinning face. Just some of that Pokemon design creativity that I appreciate.
I really like the grinning face too, it helps add that Pokemon touch to a pretty simple concept (by Pokemon standards anyway) like "possessed sword"

Also it has a classic Spooky Pokedex Entry: it can use its blue cloth to DRAIN THE LIFE FORCE of anyone it doesn't like. Eek.

My only question is: how the heck does a sword have a gender?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The French 'language' is so barbaric they feel the need to assign everything a gender, they can be transphobic but still use specific pronouns depending on what gender a washing machine is
Isn't grammatical gender different from semantic gendering in French? It's mostly just another noun class.

Top Bottom