• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

• Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other (Indie World)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?

I have done nothing but watch submechanophobia videos for three days.

The combination of awesome animatronics and my long time hobby of researching theme parks and abandoned locations and their histories has led to me watching tons of videos about the subject in this month alone lmao.
I guess you really

Took the plunge into the deep end

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I have the first game, but I don't have the second.

I do wanna get Subnautica at some point though.
I am wayyy too afraid to ever touch Subnautica with a ten foot pole lmao.

The thought of being in a large open area
With a creature that's not only several dozen times your size but has home field advantage in terms of movement

Is the biggest ****ing NOPE.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I have done nothing but watch submechanophobia videos for three days.

The combination of awesome animatronics and my long time hobby of researching theme parks and abandoned locations and their histories has led to me watching tons of videos about the subject in this month alone lmao.
Woe! Corsari Sea Monter upon you!

The Submechanophobia hole has shown me many horrors like the one above, but I find it all really cool.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I am wayyy too afraid to ever touch Subnautica with a ten foot pole lmao.

The thought of being in a large open area
With a creature that's not only several dozen times your size but has home field advantage in terms of movement

Is the biggest ****ing NOPE.
The game seems to be considered nightmare fuel by many for good reason.

I'm not sure how terrified I'd be but the creatures that I have seen in the game thus far look pretty awesome.

Woe! Corsari Sea Monter upon you!

The Submechanophobia hole has shown me many horrors like the one above, but I find it all really cool.
This is one of the several animatronics I've recently learned about and seen in these videos. The human-faced design and it being in the water doesn't freak me out (I don't actually have submechanophobia myself, admittedly) and it's actually pretty sick, but the fact that it emerges from the water with it's mouth and nostrils letting out what's probably gallons of water makes me think of the feeling of drowning, and urgh...

Apparently I Corsari just closed down literally yesterday, too. It's a shame, it honestly looked like a pretty unique take on a Pirates of the Caribbean-style boat ride.

EDIT: Actually, sort of scratch that. Apparently the ride is only being closed down temporarily for a redesign and renovation.

However much will change about the ride and whether it's iconic sea serpent will still be part of it remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I think I'm addicted to Persona again, ****

Well this time I'm not gonna play as much as I did when I played 4 cause now I have more responsibilities

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Another fascinating yet creepy water animatronic I've known about for a while. One modeled after Moby Censored, from an old Massachusetts theme park.

With a face like that, you don't need to have submechanophobia or even megalophobia to get chills just looking at this thing.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Day 29: Meowstic

Soft cat boy and his incredibly violent emo gf
I see you've also read Meowstic's Pokedex entries.

I audibly groaned when I read female Meowstic's Pdex entry. We've seen so many mean or at least morally ambiguous cats in the media, and it's one of the tropes I'm most tired of. Cats can be temperamental, yes, but they can also be incredibly affectionate. Yet in so much media, cats are the big mean antagonists against the cute little mousies and the cool dogs. Pokemon is no exception, with the sweet lil mouse Pikachu and the nasty, unpleasant Persian, plus countless other morally ambiguous felines (Glameow, Purrloin, Incineroar, etc). It makes me grateful to series like Blue's Clues and Puppy Dog Pals that understand that cats can be just as faithful and loving as dogs are.

Anyway, I'll get off my sandbox. I always prefer using male Meowstic as a support mon. I really like his design. And as opposed to his GF, male Meowstic is a Pokemon that just feels very laid-back and easy to get along with.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thinking of scheduling a trip to Japan when I finish my game development studies. It'll be a while until I get there but it means I have something to look forward to (other than starting my career)
That's a good plan.

I went to Japan after finishing one of my degrees. After studying it's nice to have a reward.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I see you've also read Meowstic's Pokedex entries.

I audibly groaned when I read female Meowstic's Pdex entry. We've seen so many mean or at least morally ambiguous cats in the media, and it's one of the tropes I'm most tired of. Cats can be temperamental, yes, but they can also be incredibly affectionate. Yet in so much media, cats are the big mean antagonists against the cute little mousies and the cool dogs. Pokemon is no exception, with the sweet lil mouse Pikachu and the nasty, unpleasant Persian, plus countless other morally ambiguous felines (Glameow, Purrloin, Incineroar, etc). It makes me grateful to series like Blue's Clues and Puppy Dog Pals that understand that cats can be just as faithful and loving as dogs are.

Anyway, I'll get off my sandbox. I always prefer using male Meowstic as a support mon. I really like his design. And as opposed to his GF, male Meowstic is a Pokemon that just feels very laid-back and easy to get along with.
I dislike the mean cat trope as much as the next guy but I don't think Pokemon is that bad at it.

Like, cats are temperamental and cunning predators in nature that treat smaller animals as toys - it's equally dishonest to present them all as cuddly house pets. As long as there are good-natured cats like Skitty or Sprigatito to balance them out, I don't think having some mean felines is all that wrong.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That's a good plan.

I went to Japan after finishing one of my degrees. After studying it's nice to have a reward.
I went last year, best vacation I've ever had. Been itching to go back ever since and this desire only grew overtime. I hope I get to take one of my friends this time

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I started calorie tracking and it's finally starting to settle in that I'm probably going to have to heavily cut back on potato chips. They're even more calorie dense then I thought.

What's even though point of anything anymore?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm down to let GameFreak cook

I don't care what people say, they are a talented studio that simply has to make the best of immovable marketing related deadlines, and the further along those deadlines are, the better the result.
I felt like this was their weakness for the longest time, obviously, people who don't like Pokemon and it's tropes aren't gonna like it. Even I felt outta Pokemon for the most part.

But the fact that games had to be thrown out relatively quickly to match with clothing, card games, mobile apps an anime or movies really stifled them to a degree. That and their prolonged foray into 3D. I won't say they don't have issues, but I think its fair to mention that. Honestly, the fact they are taking their time should be a positive. But that can be blamed a bit on how much faster people try to consume pretty much anything these days.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Link to the Nintendo Museum Direct:

Looks really interesting. If I ever go to Japan again, this will be on my list of places to visit.

The Acolytes got cancelled…that was fast
Having watched the Acolyte, in my opinion and even though there were a couple of issues in terms of its pacing, I felt the show was mediocre.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I started calorie tracking and it's finally starting to settle in that I'm probably going to have to heavily cut back on potato chips. They're even more calorie dense then I thought.

What's even though point of anything anymore?
Pro tip: once a week is totally fine, you get to make a special day out of it which also leads as motivation for like, workouts and stuff. It genuinely works as much as you're gonna hate it at first

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I dislike the mean cat trope as much as the next guy but I don't think Pokemon is that bad at it.

Like, cats are temperamental and cunning predators in nature that treat smaller animals as toys - it's equally dishonest to present them all as cuddly house pets. As long as there are good-natured cats like Skitty or Sprigatito to balance them out, I don't think having some mean felines is all that wrong.
You're right. Cats can be nice, or they can be mean. For as much as I dislike the mean cat trope, I do enjoy mediums that make them out as cool and aloof but gentle (like Sonic the Hedgehog with Blaze) or sarcastic yet good-hearted (Puppy Dog Pals once again being based. Seriously, Hissy is one of my favorite cats in ANYTHING).

And that's also very true about Pokemon. Yeah there's a fair amount of mean cats, but like you said, Skitty and Sprigatito definitely show that they aren't all Purugly. Even the dark-type Incineroar and Meowscarada have a good side to them. It's important to have a good balance.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Voice actress Atsuko Tanaka passed away.

Some of her roles included Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, Lisa Lisa from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, and Bayonetta.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Apparently Netflix's One Piece Season 2 will only cover the manga up until Drum Island. On the one hand it's pretty easy to understand why they're doing this but it's also disappointing at the same time

I know this show was a success for Netflix and that everyone has high hopes for it but it's gonna take over a decade at least to cover everything at the rate they're going, and I don't know if its popularity is gonna last this long

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drew a summer piece with some more original characters and the like. Pretty much the first week of posting will be Original stuff, obviously, fan-art is bound to get more attention, but I like doing both, so I needed to scratch that itch. And again, I wanted to also do summer art as well.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pro tip: once a week is totally fine, you get to make a special day out of it which also leads as motivation for like, workouts and stuff. It genuinely works as much as you're gonna hate it at first
On the bright side, at least I'm already somewhat active. It gives me a little bit of leeway.

But dang I always knew potato chips were junk food but I never realized just how calorie dense they are. They're worse then soda. Jeez.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another fascinating yet creepy water animatronic I've known about for a while. One modeled after Moby Censored, from an old Massachusetts theme park.

With a face like that, you don't need to have submechanophobia or even megalophobia to get chills just looking at this thing.
It’s not that creepy. It’s just a whale.

Anyone up for some Shadow Generations Doom Powers?
I’m sorry was that METAL OVERLORD!?!

Top Bottom