• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright folks, I'm curious about something.

Which is better, Sonic and the Secret Rings or Sonic and the Black Knight?

Generally I see people saying Black Knight is better, but Secret Rings definitely has its defenders from what I've seen
Knight of the Wind, Fight the Knight, and With Me…those songs alone makes KOTW superior to Secret Rings

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
New convo topic. What's a game you haven't played and don't really plan to, but one you absolutely admire the crap out of?

Stardew Valley is that for me, personally. It's made by a gamer who loved a certain series, in this case the Harvest Moon series, but believed it could be improved - and decided to step up and show what could truly be done with a farm sim. So with that he worked diligently, 10 hours a day, by himself, to create a game that polished the Harvest Moon formula and added a butt-numbing amount of content, with lots of charm that distinguished it from its higher-budget inspiration.

Yet despite how hard he himself worked on it, he never forced anyone else to help. He believes you're free to work yourself to the bone if you want, but NEVER to force someone to do that for you. And the game itself also takes a stand against crunch culture with its megacorp antagonists (pretty obviously a shot at Wal-Mart), while also promoting support for small businesses.

It's the kind of game that'll really stand the test of time, with lessons that will hold up even years from now as well as a cast of characters you can easily get attached to.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still think the art for this game looks AI generated. It's simultaneously way too detailed and generic to the point that I don't think any human being would design characters or environment this way.
While AI has improved a lot recently, it still greatly suffers from making errors and inconsistencies when dealing with animations, which I don't see here.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Back in my day, having 6 fingers gets you called Grunkle Ford. Now they just say AI generated. Society has collapsed.
To be fair, have you seen any AI generated characters write about their supernatural findings in mysterious journals with a logo of their six-fingered hands on the cover?

Shroob

Sup?
Saw someone try to "Own" people by posting a whole bunch of images with the caveat that "Only one is AI generated!"

Yeah, I'm sure only ONE of them is AI generated. That's why the people's faces were melting or their fingers didn't have fingernails.

Needless to say, they were all AI and they were a ****ing idiot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair, have you seen any AI generated characters write about their supernatural findings in mysterious journals with a logo of their six-fingered hands on the cover?
I could, but AI is even worse when it comes to text than hands.

I'm convinced that AI Dr. Mario video was secretly not AI-generated, because there was no way it could correctly generate an image of Mario holding a Fentanyl pill, and not "FEFNTTA|Y|L".

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The return of Backyard Sports is hype to much more people than I originally thought.

The announcement tweet currently has 1.6 million views, has over 10k followers on Twitter, and multiple sports and video game outlets are covering or showing interest in it.

Even Guy Fieri got his tweet retweeted by the Backyard Sports containing this art (I'm sure this is just fan art made by him but he's showing support for Backyard Sports)

1724286258555.png

I'm glad for all of this.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Link to the Nintendo Museum Direct:

Sorry for the late response, but I could have sworn I saw the box art for Startropics.

Generally I see people saying Black Knight is better, but Secret Rings definitely has its defenders from what I've seen
I had more fun with Secret Ring than with Black Knight, but the latter is the better game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Black knight because that ost is a banger

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Riff off of what they’re talking about and tell any story you have that’s even remotely funny but also kind of short.
This is actually good advice so in true Smashboards fashion I elect to ignore that.

But seriously, idk if my humor will hit the audience. It's either dry af or just plain weird. I mean I can give it a shot

Top Bottom