• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neva

• Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

• Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

• Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

• Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

• Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is actually good advice so in true Smashboards fashion I elect to ignore that.

But seriously, idk if my humor will hit the audience. It's either dry af or just plain weird. I mean I can give it a shot
Trust me. It’s worked for me every time I’ve had to work with older/middle aged ladies. If you have to try to talk like they do on tv shows aimed at their demographic.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So anyway the Goofy Movie is an underrated classic and I'm tired of pretending that it's not.

Maybe now people will see it

I 2 I

:nifty:
I see it getting a lot more appreciation in recent years. It’s a really cool movie, up there with some of the other 90s Disney classics.

Roxanne deserved to stick around I hate that they barely use her anymore

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So anyway the Goofy Movie is an underrated classic and I'm tired of pretending that it's not.

Maybe now people will see it

I 2 I

:nifty:
I’ve never heard anything but extremely positive things about it.

Honestly I think people are always late to stop calling something underrated because half the time I’ve heard it applied to something it’s a thing that I hear dozens of people know about and praise all the time. Like no SomecallmeJohnny. Brave Fencer Musashi is not underrated. Every gaming YouTuber ever brings it up and praises it all the time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My body waking me up at 5:30 AM on a day where I have to work and also start committing to my newly set schedule feels like a bad joke by someone up above.

Shroob

Sup?
I’ve never heard anything but extremely positive things about it.

Honestly I think people are always late to stop calling something underrated because half the time I’ve heard it applied to something it’s a thing that I hear dozens of people know about and praise all the time. Like no SomecallmeJohnny. Brave Fencer Musashi is not underrated. Every gaming YouTuber ever brings it up and praises it all the time.
I'd say compared to the other HUGE movies they put out in the 80's and 90's it's definitely on the lower end of the scale.

Same with Atlantis/Treasure Planet, since those two came out in the "Rough" patch of the 2000's.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I missed one of the Project Voltage CD album artworks. I wanted to share it here too:

"Electric" by kannnu, ft. Electric Miku and a Rotom with a bow tie:

This seems to be the first one. Miku is very cute and her Rotom is looking snazzy :shades:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Goofy Movie 🤝 Atlantis 🤝 Treasure Planet

Legit bangers that are underrated as hell.
I think those movies mainly suffered because people were expecting different material from Disney at the time (i.e, more of the same) and because a lot of Atlantis and Treasure Planet's target audience weren't old enough to understand or appreciate it.

Now that Disney has have expanded their horizons regarding their movies and so many people have grown up since then, there's a lot more people who've gone back to watch the films again and gained a newfound appreciation of them.

Shroob

Sup?
I think those movies mainly suffered because people were expecting different material from Disney at the time (i.e, more of the same) and because a lot of Atlantis and Treasure Planet's target audience weren't old enough to understand or appreciate it.

Now that Disney has have expanded their horizons regarding their movies and so many people have grown up since then, there's a lot more people who've gone back to watch the films again and gained a newfound appreciation of them.
Maybe it's just because I recently rewatched Goofy Movie, but man, it's soo good.

And Treasure Planet is..... I think John Silver is one of my favorite Disney villains since his character has a lot of depth to it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Honestly I think we can move A Goofy Movie out of the underrated category, When I was in the Disney parks recently there was so many T-shirts, pins and even some candy based around the movie

Max was also a walk around character I saw a few times and heard I 2 I and Stand Out on 2 non-consecutive occasions in 2 different gift shops. the movie is finally getting it's flowers and that is a good thing.

Using this metric Atlantis and Treasure Planet had a few pins but nothing other than that. Still quite underrated movies (although I have some gripes with the second half of Treasure Planet, still a good movie, nothing else quite looks like it.)

We wanna talk about a really underrated movie, Meet The Robinsons, Disney likes to pretend they never made this movie, but it is good and makes me cry like a ***** every time I watch it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I think we can move A Goofy Movie out of the underrated category, When I was in the Disney parks recently there was so many T-shirts, pins and even some candy based around the movie

Max was also a walk around character I saw a few times and heard I 2 I and Stand Out on 2 non-consecutive occasions in 2 different gift shops. the movie is finally getting it's flowers and that is a good thing.

Using this metric Atlantis and Treasure Planet had a few pins but nothing other than that. Still quite underrated movies (although I have some gripes with the second half of Treasure Planet, still a good movie, nothing else quite looks like it.)

We wanna talk about a really underrated movie, Meet The Robinsons, Disney likes to pretend they never made this movie, but it is good and makes me cry like a ***** every time I watch it.
Justice is finally being served.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think the Bowler Hat Guy recently showed up as one of the villains in Disney World's Halloween parade.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Here I am (am)
I'm Postman Pat (Pat)
I drop your mail, mail right at your mat (mat)
Your favourite Postie
Special delivery, P.O there you go
Cheerio, c-cheerio!

weird this song never became a meme.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I maintain that Jujutsu Kaisen fell off after Shibuya and then fell off harder when Gojo died

If anything it's a case study for why people who ***** about plot armor in media don't actually want good stories. There is a good way to do the whole "anyone can die" shtick and it's to not write like Gege Akutami

Shroob

Sup?
Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has announced their End Of Service

They did however say that they are making a paid version of the app where you can transfer your data too.

So why couldn't they do it for Dragalia Lost : (
A part of me wonders if it's because Nintendo co-made the game with Cygames.

Dragalia is in the weirdest hell right now from what I know in that neither company can actually 'use' the IP without a go-ahead from the other side.

.....ah hell nah Mym is Geno.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A part of me wonders if it's because Nintendo co-made the game with Cygames.

Dragalia is in the weirdest hell right now from what I know in that neither company can actually 'use' the IP without a go-ahead from the other side.
Having Rage Of Bahamut characters almost certainly doesn't help either

.....ah hell nah Mym is Geno.
GENO BUT AWESOME

StormC

Smash Hero
It's pretty cool that due to manga leaks it's near impossible to avoid spoilers for popular series

When One Piece approaches the end it's gonna be unbearable

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's pretty cool that due to manga leaks it's near impossible to avoid spoilers for popular series

When One Piece approaches the end it's gonna be unbearable
Honestly, I never saw any manga spoilers for the series I follow. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even learn about them.

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly, I never saw any manga spoilers for the series I follow. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't even learn about them.
It's really bad on Twitter because spoilers will just show up as "trending topics" without warning. YouTube thumbnails will sometimes get posted if they're really juicy.

I actually don't mind spoilers... but I'd like to try to read the last 50ish chapters of One Piece unspoiled. That may prove impossible lol

Tentative goal is when they reach Laugh Tale to try to shut it out entirely but we'll see

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's really bad on Twitter because spoilers will just show up as "trending topics" without warning. YouTube thumbnails will sometimes get posted if they're really juicy.

I actually don't mind spoilers... but I'd like to try to read the last 50ish chapters of One Piece unspoiled. That may prove impossible lol

Tentative goal is when they reach Laugh Tale to try to shut it out entirely but we'll see
Just another reason to not use Twitter.

Tbh, I've been able to avoid spoilers pretty well by just not interacting with most of the fan base (surprisingly good advice for most things).

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

These days I'm also seeing a lot more appreciation for Treasure Planet. Which is great news. Excellent movie - though of course I'm "That Alien Girl" so I'm biased (god I love the designs in this movie). Also, one time I watched it in the middle of the night when I was sick and miserable, and it actually helped a lot to alleviate my misery. Try watching it next time you're terribly sick.

Day 31: Doublade

Y'know what's better than one cursed sword? Two cursed swords!
I have to wonder if the gen-wunners went "IT'S BAD CUZ IT'S JUST TWO HONEDGE!" when they had such splendid evolutions as Three Magnemites, Three Digletts or Two and a Half Koffings.

I find Doublade isn't thought about often despite being the prelude to one of Kalos' most popular entries. Maybe because its design isn't as memorable as Aegislash's, but I think it has its own charm. Love how it animates.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got more art today. I drew this character before last year, so here she is again, but in a full body profile view. Added some stripes to her design. I'll likely adjust how the stripes are placed at another time, cause I do kind of like them, provided they are designed in a way to be easy for other people to draw.

I'll definitely be picking this up over Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (besides, I still have the Wii version)
The gameplay does look good. Artstyle wise though, it looks a lot more furry-coded than DKC or Crash ever did. But the overall influence of those two series is felt with the gameplay shown.

I managed to program something in Unity.

It's really basic stuff but I'm happy
Nice work!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Had to factory reset my PC

Fortunately I'm not that attached to most of the files I had there but it still sucks that I have to re-install everything

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have to wonder if the gen-wunners went "IT'S BAD CUZ IT'S JUST TWO HONEDGE!" when they had such splendid evolutions as Three Magnemites, Three Digletts or Two and a Half Koffings.
Honestly gen-wunners were pretty quiet during Gen 6, they were too busy gushing over Mega Charizard X probably

Also three magnemites is peak design, don't @ me

Last edited:
Top Bottom