• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The worst part about following anime YouTubers is that they are unapologetic gacha addicts and they promote hoyoverse

Good thing I don't have to watch Gigguk play Zenless whatever

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t even know if any of those Hoyoverse games are good.

I was talking to this girl once and she mentioned she loved Genshin. Is it a good game or does she have bad taste?

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I was talking to this girl once and she mentioned she loved Genshin. Is it a good game or does she have bad taste?
To be honest I don't know how good the actual games are or how they even play

I do know however that they are gacha games and also that there's some pretty icky whitewashing stuff in them, so those along with the abundance of advertisements really sour me on them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Playing mario kart and the tracks ar
Moonview Highway
Maple Treeway
And crappy mk8 rainbow road

Who picks MK8 RR over those two?

It means you should probably stop talking to her, legit

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I like Zenless' general aesthetic after watching a friend play it.

It's a retro-futuristic setting where things like VHS and Casettes never went out of style, alongside things like robots and robotic prosthetics exist.

But I swear to god the gameplay made zero sense to me, and my friend was honestly just as confused. They were like, 3 hours in and still in the tutorial while characters just did the whole "Oh this thing that EVERYONE knows about"(It's a made up word for the game that no one knows about).

And Genshin is Gen**** Midpact tbh

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah something like this should probably be put into the Serious thread.
I’ll just say without actually touching on anything specially here.

Crazy how this can happen and things like the new break app just don’t immediately put out news alerts for that.

insane how much media must go by unreported the same way, every day, and scary tbh.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well...damn

Trumps ear was shot and that a CLEAR sign the head was aimed for

If the person got away and trump is in public again, there will 100% be a 2nd try (thats if that wa real actuslly)
I may not like the man but no one desrvers to ve assassinated

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
View attachment 392393

I no longer want to live in interesting times
"God the world needs to be more EXCITING"

"Trump possable shot with BB gun/real gun/ faked getting shot"

"Not like this"

Anyway, i keep getting bull****ted in Mario Kart and Im getting angry

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
As a minority, I’m not exactly looking forward to Project 2025 being enacted
With me Being black and a woman, expect a goodbye from me and never see me again next year. Things wont get better, they will only get worse and why live for that, id rather "go offline"

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm still upset that Nintendo isn't translating import games for NSO.

The western releases of Sin & Punishment were translated so it's not a case if they even can or not.
Hmm, I always knew the voice acting was always in English but they really did go and change the menus for the English release.

I know it's not a lot of text but it was more than nothing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As a minority, I’m not exactly looking forward to Project 2025 being enacted
that definitely will suck but they’ve basically handed the election to trump which makes it worse.because frankly I don’t think either side really cares about the people.

we won’t see any positive change for the country regardless to everyone in congress and the senate and any other governmental position that we’re around before color tv and modern internet,

Simply cease being in those positions. Its a **** show all the way

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just want to know how the hell the boys season 4 has basically been a documentary at this point. Almost all their major plot points have been relevant to current events and that’s almost scary.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now on a more relevant topic to the thread, this is sort of surprising:

Knuckles is being shown on Nickelodeon in its entirely. I would not have expected a streaming only show to actually get moved to tv.

I wonder if they are doing it for views or just cause.

This also maybe opens the possibility of more Sonic movie shows, with higher budgets. If knuckles does well on tv, they might put more budget after the success of the third movie into another show

Which could lead to some pretty good spinoffs if given the time, budget and properly writing to tie everything together

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now on a more relevant topic to the thread, this is sort of surprising:

Knuckles is being shown on Nickelodeon in its entirely. I would not have expected a streaming only show to actually get moved to tv.

I wonder if they are doing it for views or just cause.

This also maybe opens the possibility of more Sonic movie shows, with higher budgets. If knuckles does well on tv, they might put more budget after the success of the third movie into another show

Which could lead to some pretty good spinoffs if given the time, budget and properly writing to tie everything together
Finally, the children of this nation will be introduced to Whipple Kino.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
look youtube I know I’ve watched cute anime clips, Lucky Star, Hololive and videos with Hatsune Miku and her friends but that doesn’t mean I care about Hoyoverse and their anime girl gacha games.

who is this shark girl in these YouTube ads, why isn’t she the shark girl I actually care about

(I don’t really mind the ads tbh especially since they’ve been skippable, but it is weird how it seems to be all I’ve been getting recently. Some of the character designs are cute and cool but I don’t really care. If it wants to show me gacha game ads, can it go back to showing me Colorful Stage? It has Miku, its ads have Miku, I like Miku, ads and game good)

also Hoyoverse sounds similar to Hololive.

“welcome to the HOLOVERSE mothertrucker” -Gawr Gura, probably

it‘s also close to Poyoverse :kirbymelee:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rich man gets non fatally injured and everyone forgets how many people have died because of him.

To be clear I don't condone what happened. I hate violence.

But Trump isn't exactly an innocent victim. He's incited so much violence himself. All without ever having to get his own hands dirty with it.

I can't both hate violence and not hate that man. Not without being steeped in denial. Like so many Americans are.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
The only thing about today's event that surprises me is that it took as long as it did. It was the natural conclusion to the MSM going ORANGE MAN BAD every single day for 8 long years. They share so much blame yet will never be held accountable for filling dangerous idiots full of propagandist bull****. We have never had a period in American history where a political candidate and his supporters have been so relentlessly dehumanized and vilified. The fact that ****ing scumbag had no issues with switching his aim to random people in the crowd after he couldn't get Trump anymore is a testament to how absolutely tribal political discourse has gotten.

Like goddamn, people have completely lost their minds.

Top Bottom