• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, with a lot of the D6 stuff I come up with, their evil streak is basically gone.

Zavok - Cold, calculating, ruthless leader ➡ Kindly and loyal man who cares deeply about his crew
Zazz - Stark raving insane and violent lunatic ➡ Silly naughty prankster
Zomom - Hungry brute who would probably eat you if he could ➡ A dimwitted but incredibly friendly homie, the only thing bigger than his appetite is his heart
Master Zik - Brutal, cold, grumpy old man ➡ Basically an alien version of Uncle Iroh
Zeena - Self-centered Alpha ***** with a sadistic streak ➡ Egotistical and snarky but also really sweet girly-girl
Zor - Apathetic, constantly-miserable nihilist ➡ Incredibly sweet and gentle emo kid, and an amazing boyfriend towards Zeena

Pretty far removed from their original selves, but y'know what? Who cares? I think either characterization would work wonderfully for them. I just think it'd be great to see their nicer side. But Sega is too cowardly to show us, so leave it to me!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not me realizing that MCU Sam Wilson became Captain America the same day Peter Parker got his Spider-Man identity leaked out to the public by Mysterio

July 7th, 2024 went crazy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Elseworld Crossover: What if Superman landed on the Land of Light (Superman/Ultraman)

I'm not too familiar with the in-depth lore of Ultraman, but I thought this would make for an interesting Elseworld story given when you really think about it, Ultraman is basically Japan's Superman or Superman of the East (Eat out your hearts Saitama and Goku). Plus what would be more interesting is Superman being raised and living among powerful beings.

So as the scenario goes as usual. Clark is sent off of Krypton as his planet explodes, rather than landing on earth in Kansas, his pod instead lands on the Land of Light ruled by a powerful race known as Ultras. Also being under the Plasma Spark gives him the same powers under a Yellow Sun.

Eventually joining the Inter Galactic Defense Force at some point, during one of his missions, Superman is exposed to kryptonite and nearly dying, one of the Ultras offers his life to him merging together.

My god...Imagine how powerful a Superman/Ultraman fusion would be...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The next Metroid game that I want to play is Prime 2 but I'm deciding if I should cross my fingers for a remaster to happen or just play the Wii version.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Weren't you the one who kept comparing Superman and Goku?
I don't remember that tbh.

Either way Goku is based on Sun Wukong.

Holy ****. I just realized Hercules VS Sun Wukong is basically the original Superman VS Goku since both characters were based on those two!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Goku is inspired by both Sun Wukong and Superman. Toriyama was known for taking inspiration from multiple different sources
Either way, Ultraman is the true Japanese Superman/Superman of the East. :smirk:

Goku and Saitama can continue to eat out their hearts. He came first after all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man I really need to get into Ultraman. I watched Rising under KillerCage KillerCage suggestion and really enjoyed that film!

Got the complete series of Ultra Q and the original Ultraman. Still haven't gotten around to them though.

Especially being a kaiju fan and all that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The next Metroid game that I want to play is Prime 2 but I'm deciding if I should cross my fingers for a remaster to happen or just play the Wii version.
I actually caved and started playing the version on Trilogy again just a couple of days ago.

Oh, and hot take(?) but Echoes is the best one.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One Legends Z-A rumor that I'm seeing from PokéTubers right now is a regional form of Fidough where it is baked.

Do they not know what Fidough evolves into or something?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Consdering yosukes romance was just cut completly, im 100% its localization butnthatbsure doesnt stop scrip writers
The cut was made late in development, no? It would make sense that it was always there, they wouldn't go through the effort to rewrite any lines after all that, especially considering what I know ahout Yosuke meaning the cut romance actively ruins a whole ass character arc he had
A lot of MegaTen games start hard before gradually getting easier. I think you'll be okay if you can get through the next one, too.
As an SMT fan I think it's moreso an initial lack of options. Then again I fought Naamah and was surprised at how easy she was considering how many people I saw get mad about her on twitter so I may simply be built different*

*I used Shiva attributes for ****s and giggles but that only meant my Nahobino wouldn't get ****ed by Mudo, still had to deal with the charm AoE

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The cut was made late in development, no? It would make sense that it was always there, they wouldn't go through the effort to rewrite any lines after all that, especially considering what I know ahout Yosuke meaning the cut romance actively ruins a whole ass character arc he had
Not sure how him being gay for Yu would ruin an arc

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Not sure how him being gay for Yu would ruin an arc
Arc may have been the wrong word but Yosuke acts pretty homophobic in P4 right? His romance being cut isn't just seen as disappointing because of fujos or whatever, but because it recontextualizes that behaivour, he's not homophobic or just a dumbass teenager, he's struggling to accept his sexuality and is incredibly insecure so he's deflecting. There's loads of people who do this and removing the romance means that payoff isn't there, no sane dev team would go "Welp, we have to cut this scene that made it into development late enough to be voiced in English, better rewrite all the dialogue that builds up to this conclusion"

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Arc may have been the wrong word but Yosuke acts pretty homophobic in P4 right? His romance being cut isn't just seen as disappointing because of fujos or whatever, but because it recontextualizes that behaivour, he's not homophobic or just a dumbass teenager, he's struggling to accept his sexuality and is incredibly insecure so he's deflecting. There's loads of people who do this and removing the romance means that payoff isn't there, no sane dev team would go "Welp, we have to cut this scene that made it into development late enough to be voiced in English, better rewrite all the dialogue that builds up to this conclusion"
I forgot what My topic was but this is just more proof it shouldnt even have been cut. Its pretty clear bro loves his homie. Everyone basicly knows he was 100% meant to be a romance
(Minus the ones with no reading comprehension.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom