• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
The only thing about today's event that surprises me is that it took as long as it did. It was the natural conclusion to the MSM going ORANGE MAN BAD every single day for 8 long years. They share so much blame yet will never be held accountable for filling dangerous idiots full of propagandist bull****. We have never had a period in American history where a political candidate and his supporters have been so relentlessly dehumanized and vilified. The fact that ****ing scumbag had no issues with switching his aim to random people in the crowd after he couldn't get Trump anymore is a testament to how absolutely tribal political discourse has gotten.

Like goddamn, people have completely lost their minds.
I'm sure the officer on duty who lost their life during the January 6th riot incited by said orange man would feel differently.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I'm sure the officer on duty who lost their life during the January 6th riot incited by said orange man would feel differently.
He literally told everyone to not be violent what the **** are you talking about "inciting"? Something tells me you don't feel the same way about the violent riots several months earlier where over 30+ people died, all over a... huh, a convicted felon? You wouldn't support a convicted felon would you??

Shroob

Sup?
He literally told everyone to not be violent what the **** are you talking about "inciting"? Something tells me you don't feel the same way about the violent riots several months earlier where over 30+ people died, all over a... huh, a convicted felon? You wouldn't support a convicted felon would you??
Oh boy, you're bringing George Floyd into this now huh?

Something tells me that you're not a good fit for around these parts, pal.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Oh boy, you're bringing George Floyd into this now huh?

Something tells me that you're not a good fit for around these parts, pal.
"Violence for me, but not for thee!", is basically all I'm getting from this reply.

Care to address all that politically motivated violence or is this your concession?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
"Violence for me, but not for thee!"

Care to address all that politically motivated violence or is this your concession?
A man being choked the life out of via police
Versus a man who was pissy about losing the election and screaming voter fraud(There was none)

To note, I don't think Biden should even run again, he's a dementia ridden old man, but lmfao dude, just stop, you're going to find that basically no one on this thread agrees with you.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Warning Issued
A man being choked the life out of via police
Versus a man who was pissy about losing the election and screaming voter fraud(There was none)
He died from a fentanyl overdose and people spent months burning and looting buildings and assaulting and killing people over it. Again, you avoid acknowledging that Trump told the Jan 6 protestors to stand down and go home. Meanwhile the leftist politicians were going "riots are the language of the unheard" and supporting violence.

To note, I don't think Biden should even run again, he's a dementia ridden old man, but lmfao dude, just stop, you're going to find that basically no one on this thread agrees with you.
I don't give a single **** if a bunch of far leftists on a backwater Smash Bros forum won't validate me lmao. I'm not divorced from reality and honestly I am so over having to pretend that up is down and hot is cold.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He died from a fentanyl overdose and people spent months burning and looting buildings and assaulting and killing people over it. Again, you avoid acknowledging that Trump told the Jan 6 protestors to stand down and go home. Meanwhile the leftist politicians were going "riots are the language of the unheard" and supporting violence.

I don't give a single **** if a bunch of far leftists on a backwater Smash Bros forum won't validate lmao. I'm not divorced from reality and honestly I am so over having to pretend that up is down and hot is cold.
Then don't be surprised when people criticize and call out your precious orange man.

Shroob

Sup?
Why even reply if you're just going to ignore all my points?
What's the point? You can into this discussion with the "Trump and his followers are mistreated soo poorly! We're the VICTIMS!" legitimately nothing I'm say is going to get you to change your tune, and the same goes for me, we're both biased.

If you wanna continue this rhetoric on this "Backwater Smash Bros forum", there's a board specifically for this kinda stuff where this kind of discussion is welcome. This is the general thread.

For Smash Bros
And memes
And other dumb ****

No one wants to talk about this crap here. This is the place to get away from that kinda ****.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
What's the point? You can into this discussion with the "Trump and his followers are mistreated soo poorly! We're the VICTIMS!" legitimately nothing I'm say is going to get you to change your tune, and the same goes for me, we're both biased.

If you wanna continue this rhetoric on this "Backwater Smash Bros forum", there's a board specifically for this kinda stuff where this kind of discussion is welcome. This is the general thread.

For Smash Bros
And memes
And other dumb ****

No one wants to talk about this crap here. This is the place to get away from that kinda ****.
I haven't voted for anyone actually and I think voting is a joke, I just don't buy into blatant propaganda and foam at the mouth over some celebrity I'll never meet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Friendly reminder that the trick to debate bros is to not dumb yourself down to their level and treat them seriously which is what they want. Especially not if they have a history of cheering when someone who murders people protesting police violence getting off scott free and just generally being racist. Even if the shooter was one of his own

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So question for the Persona fans of this thread

When I get to Persona 3 (which won't be for a while), which version should I go for? Reload would be my go-to since it looks beautiful and probably has a bunch of quality of life improvements but I heard some murmurs about the story being hurt so idk

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So question for the Persona fans of this thread

When I get to Persona 3 (which won't be for a while), which version should I go for? Reload would be my go-to since it looks beautiful and probably has a bunch of quality of life improvements but I heard some murmurs about the story being hurt so idk
The main story is perfectly intact - it's actually even better than the original with male party members and some side characters getting their own social link-like side stories that flesh them out. The epilogue, however, is DLC and you need to buy it (though it's not necessary to enjoy the main story).

You'll mainly be missing out on the female protagonist option that only Persona 3 Portable. The game is also a lot easier, especially once you unlock the limit break type attacks for your party. A lot of people argue that the game's presentation doesn't quite capture the original but that's a divisive topic.

TLDR: it's the most accessible and polished version of P3 but keep in mind that it doesn't completely replace the original games. I say go play Reloa and you can always check out Portable when it's on sale if you're really invested in it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The main story is perfectly intact - it's actually even better than the original with male party members and some side characters getting their own social link-like side stories that flesh them out. The epilogue, however, is DLC and you need to buy it (though it's not necessary to enjoy the main story).

You'll mainly be missing out on the female protagonist option that only Persona 3 Portable. The game is also a lot easier, especially once you unlock the limit break type attacks for your party. A lot of people argue that the game's presentation doesn't quite capture the original but that's a divisive topic.

TLDR: it's the most accessible and polished version of P3 but keep in mind that it doesn't completely replace the original games. I say go play Reloa and you can always check out Portable when it's on sale if you're really invested in it.
Appreciate the detailed explanation! I'll probably go for Reload for my first playthrough of 3. Like I said, it'll probably take a while for me to get to it, but I'm glad to know regardless

osby

Smash Obsessed
Appreciate the detailed explanation! I'll probably go for Reload for my first playthrough of 3. Like I said, it'll probably take a while for me to get to it, but I'm glad to know regardless
No problem! P3 is my favorite in the series, I hope you enjoy it, too.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
In the past, I used to draw the Deadly Six a LOT. Usually Zeena and Zor obviously, and yeah I drew lots of shipping art too.

I remember in the past, I'd draw Zeena lifting Zor up so they could kiss each other. And I even drew them getting married once. Zik was the officiant because yes

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Especially not if they have a history of cheering when someone who murders people protesting police violence getting off scott free and just generally being racist.
You talking about a certain 17 year old (at the time) who defended his life against people who were unquestionably going to kill him?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep this politics talk going; it just gets people angry. (and leads to warnings/bans when things almost inevitably get heated) I'm not a mod in this section of the forum, but from what I can see, people have already been warned over this conversation.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It doesn't seem like a good idea to keep this politics talk going; it just gets people angry. (and leads to warnings/bans when things almost inevitably get heated) I'm not a mod in this section of the forum, but from what I can see, people have already been warned over this conversation.
Good thing I decided not to really participate in this kind of thing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Need a VP?
I'm thinking of Pumpkaboo. A little political stunt gesture of kindness that I care for the elderly and jobless. In fact, I'll raise the retirement age to 100. Economy fixed.

You wanna be a secretary of state or a a supreme court justice? I gotta fill the out the court when I remove them.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here are some of my policies:
  • Raise the retirement age to 100 (economy fix)
  • Burn crips, poison water supply, deliever plagues upon homes (natural selection)
  • Ban Pink Yoshi from entering the country (Deadly Six Fans are not allowed)
  • End funding for the wars in the middle east. (Pointless)
  • Send that money to the landlords in poverty and the starving billionares (they really need it)
  • Send the Pinkertons to my opponents
  • DMCA any negative press about me
  • Food and Water are free. (I don't wanna pay for it anymore why is it so expensive now).
  • I'll give each farmer a billion to offset this. Retire easy.
  • There will be a Gamer Holiday. It's every day.
  • Nuke Japan again if Pokemon Z-A is ass
  • Deport Geoff Keighley

Last edited:
Top Bottom