• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Check out this little dude I won from a claw machine.

It took me like 30 attempts to win something but I won. So what's the lesson? Keep gambling! You'll strike big.
I remember years ago I was at this rest stop that had a claw machine with a little Freddy Fazbear in it. I get trying to grab it but I eventually ran out of coins.

Then this old man came up to me and gave me some quarters, saying “You’ll get it next time!”

I still didn’t get it.

IMG_9103.jpeg

I’ll never forgive myself.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I remember years ago I was at this rest stop that had a claw machine with a little Freddy Fazbear in it. I get trying to grab it but I eventually ran out of coins.

Then this old man came up to me and gave me some quarters, saying “You’ll get it next time!”

I still didn’t get it.

View attachment 392413

I’ll never forgive myself.
No coins? No problem? Take out a loan and keep gambling. You'll win eventually.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Check out this little dude I won from a claw machine.

It took me like 30 attempts to win something but I won. So what's the lesson? Keep gambling! You'll strike big.
I got a big ass Lucario plush from a claw machine in Japan. It was right near the whole and I still used up all of my change and eventually the employee took pity on me and basically gave it to me, those things are rigged I'm telling you

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well now that I have a laptop I can finally play some of these Pokemon fangames I've heard about. Not rom hacks mind you.

Z25 Z25 which one should I try first?
Oooh nice, there’s plenty of great options.

If you don’t mind betas, there’s a few with some great content even if not finished,

Such as Flux, Armonia( this is Spanish only right now but you can play with a translator app), Rosen( although this is getting a big rework for beta 2.) Azure and crimson and cobalt are popular too. Only played the former though.

In terms of completed games, Infinity is great, realidea system is really good and has an English translation.

As for not completed, Vanguard is probably my top pick right now. Acts 2/5 are done and game gets actively updated. Really unique region design and story.

A ton of custom forms and hours of content that make it not even feel like an unfinished game. Story a little darker at times, but nowhere near insurgence or reborn levels.

The rest of the world and most of the cast and characters more than balance out the slightly edgier parts of the story. Which there aren’t many of, and even then the new beta really reworked the entire game from the ground up and story is way better now because the creator took feedback into account.

Lastly rejuvenation also really surprised me. Expected it to be the edgiest game imaginable like reborn, but honestly it’s not and almost way better then reborn.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Try the Gameboy games first to see if the general gameplay clicks

Then throw all that out the window because there's been like 20+ years of powercreep.
Good idea.

There’s a game shop near me that has a weekly Pokemon card game meet up. Figured it’d be a good place to meet other fans but-

I’d need to play the card game, which is the one part of this franchise I’ve barely engaged with :nifty:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Good idea.

There’s a game shop near me that has a weekly Pokemon card game meet up. Figured it’d be a good place to meet other fans but-

I’d need to play the card game, which is the one part of this franchise I’ve barely engaged with :nifty:
Understandable.

Considering the Pokemon TCG is a rotating format, I never really got too deep in the card game outside of collecting in ages gone by.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Understandable.

Considering the Pokemon TCG is a rotating format, I never really got too deep in the card game outside of collecting in ages gone by.
Pokemon TCG is like, the only one I've never touched lol, I've looked into it b4 but the gameplay never clicked

Luckily it happens to have the lowest barrier to entry due to card value being warped around max rarity alt art cards instead of the base versions, so the average deck cost from what I've researched is super tiny in comparision to other tcgs

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Pokemon TCG is like, the only one I've never touched lol, I've looked into it b4 but the gameplay never clicked

Luckily it happens to have the lowest barrier to entry due to card value being warped around max rarity alt art cards instead of the base versions, so the average deck cost from what I've researched is super tiny in comparision to other tcgs
I lost interest when the replaced TCG Online with TCG Live.

Live is too goddamn clunky compared to Online

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 392414

Alright guys

How do I get into Pokemon TCG?
Try the Gameboy games first to see if the general gameplay clicks

Then throw all that out the window because there's been like 20+ years of powercreep.
There is the TCG online or whatever Pokemon calls it that you can play in browser or download I believe. I don’t think you need cards to start playing it, so it should give you a basically run down of current rules and formats, as opposed to the peak TCG Gameboy games lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I did TGC online for a little bit come to think of it. I remember thinking "Oh, so that's how you play the game".

I then proceeded forgot the rules to TGC shortly after and proceeded to obliterate my friends with my Surskit and Super Hypno Wave because we all played TGC like a 1v1 akin to the games (SHW caused the opponent to lose a turn cause sleep).

I got banned from using my Surskit shortly after.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think I gave my Pokemon cards I had as a kid away. Tbf I only had like one or two decks worth. My parents were really stingy with it.

And nowadays I'm scared to start collecting them again because I know they'd just end up a huge money sink. I'm not even interested in the gameplay I just like the funny pictures.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't get into Pokemon soon enough to get into the card game as well.

...Then again, I also wasn't that interested in trading card games to begin with. I eventually got into the Pokemon franchise, primarily the games, but trading cards games in general just never piqued my interest.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can we get Pokken 2 plz.

I was actually kinda cracked at the game which is wild cause normally I suck at more traditional fighting games
I'm trying to get into a Parsec server for a fan-made spiritual successor, Pokemon Arena:
But activity in the Discord server you gotta enter before you're able to get into any Parsec sessions..dropped like flies when I joined it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still have a lot of my old tcg cards. I have stuff ranging from the original sets through about black and white’s era.

Have a few cards from different sets from games after those though. Got about 4 binders in closet.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to long ago, I had a dream that I was making food, and I felt like it needed seasoning, so I decided to spray it down with Febreze for flavor. And then when I took a bite, it tasted wrong, and I was like "hey, I can't eat this, and I shouldn't he eating this".

Like yeah no **** buddy. Dreams are suppossed to carry meaning, right?

Top Bottom