• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imma need some proof
Just all the little interactions. The way the white men always have the last word and the way race is brought up in situations it doesn’t need to be. Not to mention the ammount of African American gangsters and hip hop artists that show up in the episodes for little more than a subplot before leaving.

She’s watching episodes from the 2000s so maybe it’s different now. Idk.

Context...?
Olivia called in a dead baby and the hospital asked about its race. That’s the specific incident that made me write that comment. But then again I also just finished watching an episode with an African American hip hop artist who was a “wannabe gangster” and was involved in the episode for two scenes before an animal smuggler fed him to Hyenas.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Y'all ever just go back and play the flash games you enjoyed as a kid. Or at least, whatever remnants of them exist?

Anyways, shoutouts to the games that I remember but didn't make the jump or I forgot their name so they're just lost in time.
I miss Super Mario 63 and it's level editor.

Shroob

Sup?
Just all the little interactions. The way the white men always have the last word and the way race is brought up in situations it doesn’t need to be. Not to mention the ammount of African American gangsters and hip hop artists that show up in the episodes for little more than a subplot before leaving.

She’s watching episodes from the 2000s so maybe it’s different now. Idk.

Olivia called in a dead baby and the hospital asked about its race. That’s the specific incident that made me write that comment. But then again I also just finished watching an episode with an African American hip hop artist who was a “wannabe gangster” and was involved in the episode for two scenes before an animal smuggler fed him to Hyenas.
Did they only ask about its race or...? Cause usually race is something you have to report for medical records.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok I’ll admit to paraphrasing on the second comment but my story is otherwise solid.

Also ironic that I complained about law & order and it turned into an interrogation.
Look there's a difference between asking the race of someone so they can be better identified and the way you phrased it, which made it sound like they were ready to dismiss the baby if it was of the melanated variety.

One is standard procedure, the other is not.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Playing Fortune Street on the Wii.

I get a District Domination in the super early game.

The District is by one of the suits needed to win.

Luigi keeps landing on my spaces and goes bankrupt.

And yet, I am sad that my game was not longer and more cutthroat.
But Luigi's meant to win by doing nothing.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got some more art commissions back. I've been holding out for this artist to open for a really long time and I'm glad I did. The colors really pop within their art style. I was told they had a lot of fun drawing it themselves, so the commission only ended up taking 3 days to complete (might have been faster if I wasn't out playing Go and unable to respond).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do yall have a certain food that turns you into an animal? For me its Spegettii and recent Blueberries and Mangos.
Me as a kid playing the funny game where Mario is made of paper (the butterfly and the vampire are finally getting married)

IMG_9109.gif
I think SPM was the first mario game that had me crying

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I once played SPM from beginning to end while I was staying at one of my great aunts' house--grandpa was there too--and I kid you not, when it got to the last conversation with Tippy and Bleck, grandpa said "This seems kind of like a soap opera, don't you think?" :yoshi:

Top Bottom