• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I got an email saying that the estimated delivery for my order of Shantae Advance for GBA was changed from October 2024 to January 2025.

1721047108093.png

I swear, if the Switch version suffers a delay too...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ah the mighty Persona intro song…something all of humanity must worship and obey

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
Here’s a question.

What do you want out of a new 3D Mario game?

What would you like to see? What style should it follow? Should it have an entirely new style?

I’d personally be down for less ‘Breath of the Wild’ influence, and more ‘Xenoblade’ influence, with loading areas between different zones, within one giant world.
There is probably a non-zero chance Monolithsoft is assisting in development, like they did with other first party projects on the Switch.

I do think they should return to the 120 star format (or at least, not 999 like Odyssey). Perhaps taking influence from Sunshine’s more traditional course clear sections is a good shout too as something on the side.

I’m curious as to what people would like to see out of a brand new 3D Mario.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here’s a question.

What would you like to see? What style should it follow? Should it have an entirely new style?

I’d personally be down for less ‘Breath of the Wild’ influence, and more ‘Xenoblade’ influence, with loading areas between different zones, within one giant world.
There is probably a non-zero chance Monolithsoft is assisting in development, like they did with other first party projects on the Switch.

I do think they should return to the 120 star format (or at least, not 999 like Odyssey). Perhaps taking influence from Sunshine’s more traditional course clear sections is a good shout too.

Odyssey 2 would be dope for me. I just hope they cut down on the amount of moons, cause it just becomes a grindathon and 65% of them are the exact same task but in a different level.

Oh and playabls Luigi. Heck, get Peach and Toad in there too, why not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here’s a question.

I do think they should return to the 120 star format (or at least, not 999 like Odyssey). Perhaps taking influence from Sunshine’s more traditional course clear sections is a good shout too.

Bowser's Fury was like a cross-section between 3D World and Odyssey, so take that concept and expand upon it. A grander adventure than 3D World's more standard goal-oriented approach, with strange new lands and an epic tone, but not quite as big as Odyssey because at a certain point it gets egregious.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I heard something about Nintendo not crediting their translators, and this is not the first bad thing I have heard about Nintendo over these past few weeks…

I wonder if anything g bad could happen to Nintendo if this keeps up? Probably not, but this does not look like it will be the last of bad news about Nintendo.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, I heard something about Nintendo not crediting their translators, and this is not the first bad thing I have heard about Nintendo over these past few weeks…

I wonder if anything g bad could happen to Nintendo if this keeps up? Probably not, but this does not look like it will be the last of bad news about Nintendo.
Not crediting translators is a widespread issue and idk why it is, like for whatever reason companies don't give them the respect they deserve. It sucks (but not surprising) Nintendo partakes in that, but as seen in other companies, there really isn't any consequences to that.

It's just a **** move corpos love to do.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not crediting translators is a widespread issue and idk why it is, like for whatever reason companies don't give them the respect they deserve. It sucks (but not surprising) Nintendo partakes in that, but as seen in other companies, there really isn't any consequences to that.

It's just a **** move corpos love to do.
Ah, so it ain’t Nintendo specific? I should have known that really.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ah, so it ain’t Nintendo specific? I should have known that really.
You'd be surprised how many partake in that (nearly all of them).

But don't take this as me defending them, they should by all means credit the translators and it really isn't hard to do. But you know it takes 10 cents to acknowledge that and multibillion corps can't do that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You'd be surprised how many partake in that (nearly all of them).

But don't take this as me defending them, they should by all means credit the translators and it really isn't hard to do. But you know it takes 10 cents to acknowledge that and multibillion corps can't do that.
Agreed, TheMightyP. It is a shame crediting those translators is something those companies won’t do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here’s a question.

I do think they should return to the 120 star format (or at least, not 999 like Odyssey). Perhaps taking influence from Sunshine’s more traditional course clear sections is a good shout too as something on the side.

I want another game like 3D world but with way more playable characters and more unique bosses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here’s a question.

I want Daisy to use guns

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ya ever
Play a game
For hours
And not realize that there's been a basic function that you didn't know about that makes the game infinitely easier?

Yeah
Yeah....
Not a basic function but I went through almost all of SA2 not realizing Knuckles had an item that made him breathe in water.

And if you did the final ARK level... you know what I tried to do.

Multiple times. Hours upon hours wasted.

Top Bottom