• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Strange how a version of their mascot’s final form has become so rare.

Then again Raichu is kinda the neglected child of the franchise, so I guess it makes sense.
The weird alternate universe where Clefairy became the mascot of the franchise and Gorochu existed.... Raichu would still have barely any fans due to being a middle evo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Raichu would still have barely any fans
I think you just mean "In the GF offices/anime writing staff", right? Because I'm sure the final evolution of the series mascot would have plenty of fans, just...not enough to abolish marketing Pikachu, clearly.

Shroob

Sup?
I think you just mean "In the GF offices/anime writing staff", right? Because I'm sure the final evolution of the series mascot would have plenty of fans, just...not enough to abolish marketing Pikachu, clearly.
In an alternate world scenario where Gorochu was the actual final evolution of Pikachu?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In an alternate world scenario where Gorochu was the actual final evolution of Pikachu?
"Raichu would still have barely any fans" sounds like you think it has barely any in this Gorochu-less world.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sorry for being late to responding to most of these!

I'm playing The Messenger. I remember seeing a trailer for this game before it came out and thinking it was cool as **** so I picked it up when it was on sale a few years back (I have a bad habit of buying games and not playing them for years) so now I'm finally playing it.

It's pretty good. Starts out kind of basic (I feel like it's really easy to compare it to classic Castlevania and I feel like Shovel Knight does the whole NES-esque platformer thing better) but it does differentiate itself as it progresses with some really cool movement options, I just unlocked the grappling hook and I'm in love

Also the game is *ing hard. It's rarely unfair but * I forgot how hard this type of game can be. Also I do wish the sound design was better, I feel like killing enemies with the basic attack would feel a lot better if it had more of an oomph to it and adding a crunchy sound affect can go a long way
My best friend is trying out for the first time.
I'm hoping he'll beat it before the end of the year.
Oh god Sonic shipping wars

It seems that running from the past is a losing game
I'm an OG Sonally fan, but even I don't want through the shipping wars again.
Oh boy, I think a shipping fight is about to start! Take cover, everyone! Head for the hills!
I think the dust has settled.
Gonna go see Twisters in cinemas today

Kinda excited to watch it soon
Wait a minute.
I thoughts Twisters is coming out next week.
Where do you live again?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Deltarune update (not really)

IMG_9092.jpeg

So chapter 4 is in a state where it can be played all the way through. Maybe it’ll be finished soontm

IMG_9091.png

I need more evidence before I fully believe it, but I’m posting it anyway because why not?

Supposedly this was the original version of the tweet before it was quickly edited. If that’s the case, then maybe all the Friend Inside Me posts are leading to something…

Shroob

Sup?
Deltarune update (not really)

View attachment 392377

So chapter 4 is in a state where it can be played all the way through. Maybe it’ll be finished soontm

View attachment 392378

I need more evidence before I fully believe it, but I’m posting it anyway because why not?

Supposedly this was the original version of the tweet before it was quickly edited. If that’s the case, then maybe all the Friend Inside Me posts are leading to something…
It's (not) HAPPENING (yet)!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who the **** was asking for a sequel to Twister?

What's next Speed 3. It wouldn't surprise me to cash in on Keanu Reeve's success and boy oh boy instead of actual vehicles what we saw in the 1994. It's gonna be all CGI!

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

What's next Speed 3. It wouldn't surprise me to cash in on Keanu Reeve's success and boy oh boy instead of actual vehicles. It's gonna be all CGI!
Mike

Movie snob mode off.

When someone else is saying they enjoyed something, it's good to leave it at that, we don't need an "UM ACKSHULLY THAT SUCKS".

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just beat Metroid Prime Hunters. It's an okay game. Easily the most simple Metroid game in the series (I mean, for one thing you fight the same two bosses 4 times each).

As for Sylus' debut:

1720841201433.png

That was for first appearance of Sylux? Other than seeing his gunship, I fight him just like the other bounty hunters, basically free of story. I mean, his design is cool but there's not much else going for him.

KillerCage

Smash Master

What's next Speed 3. It wouldn't surprise me to cash in on Keanu Reeve's success and boy oh boy instead of actual vehicles what we saw in the 1994. It's gonna be all CGI!
Dude.
Chill.
I'm personally interested in how the "sequel" lives up to the original considering two of Twister's lead actors have since passed away.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I still have a shiny Regigigas that I received in GTS (when it was still in service) from Pokemon Pearl. Stored in the Poké Bank. Back then, I didn't even know how rare a shiny legendary is.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got my OT Alolan Rat
And even a shiny by sheer luck

Debating if I want to stock up on them in case they become rare again in the future.
You might as well, especially since the shiny rate is so good.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright let's debate, which Sonic character gives the best hugs and why is it Zomom?
The correct answer is Blaze, her fire powers mean she must have a warm body and idk if you've ever hugged a cat who trusts you but it is simoly one of the most wonderful feelings in the world, with purring being scientifically proven to be good for a person's health. Big is a close second for similar reasons

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
The correct answer is Blaze, her fire powers mean she must have a warm body and idk if you've ever hugged a cat who trusts you but it is simoly one of the most wonderful feelings in the world, with purring being scientifically proven to be good for a person's health. Big is a close second for similar reasons
RATS, I forgot about Blaze's fire powers. You got a huge point there.

Big is also high up there on my list of Sonic characters I'd hug, even being the D6-hyperfixated freak I am

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm officially vibing with Persona even in the battle system. This game is so relaxing to play, man.

You could argue that the battle system is kinda braindead but I don't care cause it's fun

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright let's debate, which Sonic character gives the best hugs and why is it Zomom?
Big has all the fluff but Amy would be a close second. Team Rose in general would give great hugs.

I'm officially vibing with Persona even in the battle system. This game is so relaxing to play, man.

You could argue that the battle system is kinda braindead but I don't care cause it's fun
Which one you're playing?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's one of the easier games in the series - though story bosses and the extra dungeon still give me trouble.
The boss at the end of Yukiko's castle was pretty brutal. I lost like 4 times though I attribute those failures to my complete and utter lack of preparation and I'm probably gonna do better next time, this second romp there is basically just to get some extra EXP and items from the way I see it

osby

Smash Obsessed
The boss at the end of Yukiko's castle was pretty brutal. I lost like 4 times though I attribute those failures to my complete and utter lack of preparation and I'm probably gonna do better next time, this second romp there is basically just to get some extra EXP and items from the way I see it
A lot of MegaTen games start hard before gradually getting easier. I think you'll be okay if you can get through the next one, too.

Top Bottom