• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If Nikoderiko: The Magical World doesn't have a physical option at launch, then I'll very likely go digital.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Finished X-Men 97. I thought it was good but it peaked with episodes 2 and 5, I'll watch the next season but Marvel is still not out of the trenches as far as I'm concerned

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve had this idea for a video game about a caveman knocking around in my head for a while, dunno if I’ll ever make it. Maybe if I ever learn game design.

But anyway, one idea for it was that all the spoken dialogue would be cave paintings. Kinda like Wing Dings. The characters wouldn’t actually speak words, but the text boxes would have little pictures would generally convey their feelings.

Does that sound obnoxious? There wouldn't be a lot of dialogue because I always envisioned it as a more atmospheric experience, but do you think it’d be too annoying for a few cutscenes?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I’ve had this idea for a video game about a caveman knocking around in my head for a while, dunno if I’ll ever make it. Maybe if I ever learn game design.

But anyway, one idea for it was that all the spoken dialogue would be cave paintings. Kinda like Wing Dings. The characters wouldn’t actually speak words, but the text boxes would have little pictures would generally convey their feelings.

Does that sound obnoxious? There wouldn't be a lot of dialogue because I always envisioned it as a more atmospheric experience, but do you think it’d be too annoying for a few cutscenes?
That sounds ****ing sick dude

I think that’s be a very engaging thematic and different way to convey the ideas of a plot that is much more intriguing than inconvenient

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I have a little D6 headcanon I'd like to share.

According to word of Sega, Zor has access to special powers that none of the other D6 will ever use. As a result of his affinity for these forbidden, powerful techniques, Zavok sees a LOT of potential within his youngest protege, and believes he will be able to do a lot for the Lost Hex in the future. As a result, Zavok has decided, though not yet revealed, that Zor will be his successor as leader of the D6.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One thing Id love for my birthday is for my dad to drop me off at the mall, give me a 1000 buck spending limit, and let me go wild
And they’re only spent at three stores and a lunch break at Auntie Ann’s

So they speak in family guy cutaway gags? Or are they just one picture per feeling?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This sounds kinda like Live A Live Prehistory and Bonk but I never played Bonk so I wouldn't know about similarities beyond cavemen. For what it's worth, Live a Live is one of the best RPGs ever made and the way Prehistory handles dialogue is admittedly charming as hell

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't think anyone was really clamoring for a **** n Boots 2, and that became peak.

Let's just wait and see how things turn out.
And yet...

Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate and Megamind Rules.

And as much as I actually enjoy it. People here did seem to give Ruby Gillman some flack calling it mid and people overall weren't impressed with KFP4, of course that was because of the creative differences behind the scenes of the actual better film we could've gotten instead.

The Last Wish was an anomaly given the track record DreamWorks is currently at.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And yet...

And as much as I actually enjoy it. People here did seem to give Ruby Gillman some flack calling it mid and people overall weren't impressed with KFP4, of course that was because of the creative differences behind the scenes of the actual better film we could've gotten instead.

Wasn't the Megamind stuff mostly handled by Dreamworks' TV division?

There might not be quite as much cause for concern about Shrek 5's quality with that in mind. Plus, the Bad Guys released shortly before the Last Wish and that film also (rightfully, imo) got pretty high praise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yet...

The new Megaminds were handled by the Dreamworks TV division, so the comparison doesn't work here.

Yes Ruby Gillman and KFP4 were mid, but The last Wish and The Bad Guys were awesome, and The Wild Robot looks really cool.

The point is that Dreamworks has literally always been hit or miss, with high highs and low lows often back to back. There has never really been an era where they were putting out nothing but bangers with no flops for more than like, two years in a row.

I couldn't tell you if Shrek 5 will be a hit or a miss, I'm cautious about it myself. But you can't call The Last WIsh an anomaly, they're just doing what they've always done. Sometimes they make masterpieces, sometimes they make trash, and you can never tell when they're gonna do either.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not Nickelodeon and IDW casually making quick comic stories that continued the 2003 and 2012 TMNT series while also giving Rise an additional epilogue story

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Shroob

Sup?
It kinda sucks that they're able to have these outbreak of usually game exclusive Pokemon, but they're limited time only.

Alolan Raichu is a pain to get otherwise, so the fact you either have to import one from Gen 7 or get the trade one from LGPE is obnoxious if you miss this limited time event.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It kinda sucks that they're able to have these outbreak of usually game exclusive Pokemon, but they're limited time only.

Alolan Raichu is a pain to get otherwise, so the fact you either have to import one from Gen 7 or get the trade one from LGPE is obnoxious if you miss this limited time event.
Strange how a version of their mascot’s final form has become so rare.

Then again Raichu is kinda the neglected child of the franchise, so I guess it makes sense.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Centaurworld is one of these shows that seems to either get high praise or gets called a mixed bag.

I wasn't sure about watching it myself for those reasons, but uhh, then I saw this clip:

...Glad to see Netflix is continuing the longtime trend of having nightmarish and dead-serious villains in otherwise seemingly lighthearted animated fantasy/sci-fi adventure shows.

Between this and the fact that it's apparently got a similar tone to some seasons of Adventure Time, I'll be adding this to my backlog of shows to watch along with Castlevania and Invincible.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Centaurworld is one of these shows that seems to either get high praise or gets called a mixed bag.

I wasn't sure about watching it myself for those reasons, but uhh, then I saw this clip:

...Glad to see Netflix is continuing the longtime trend of having nightmarish and dead-serious villains in otherwise seemingly lighthearted animated fantasy/sci-fi adventure shows.

Between this and the fact that it's apparently got a similar tone to some seasons of Adventure Time, I'll be adding this to my backlog of shows to watch along with Castlevania and Invincible.
I haven’t gotten around to season 2 yet, but I will say that I really enjoyed season 1.

Some of the random or gross out humor gets a little overplayed, but I thought it was pretty dang good. The main protagonist is relatable in how disturbed she is by all the cartoony nonsense, but the centaurs are fun and you want her to ease up a bit. And the villain is really freaky.

The music is good too. Give it a watch sometime :nifty:

Top Bottom