• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
IT'S BEEN 84 YEARS

AND I FINALLY FOUND SOME OF MY FAVORITE SONIC ARTPIECES AGAIN
Link
This artist has done a fair bit of art of my two alien dorks. It's so good to see that I'm not the only in the tiny Zeti fandom who sees the potential.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Since Pink Yoshi is overdosing on the Deadly Six, I got a question for y'all:

Which non-Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik villian is your favorite?

Mine may is either Chaos or Metal Sonic, specifically the Sonic Heroes version. Idk how but somehow Metal Sonic is underutilized despite plenty of appearances.
Apart from the D6, I'm very fond of the antagonists from Sonic and the Black Knight. Excellently-written stuff there.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Mine may is either Chaos or Metal Sonic, specifically the Sonic Heroes version. Idk how but somehow Metal Sonic is underutilized despite plenty of appearances.
I wouldn’t say he’s my favorite, but Mephiles has always been interesting to me.

If you take the story of Sonic 06 at face value, then he’s a moron who jumps through a million hoops trying to accomplish the simple task of making a pasty teenager cry. There have to be at least 15 easier ways of getting that done than the time-travelly nonsense he comes up with.

If you accept the interpretation that he knows he could get this done in a simpler way, he’s just a freak who wants to maximize suffering, that makes him at least a little more intriguing.

Either way I think he’s pretty funny.

Chaos is also pretty cool. And the Time Eater has a sick design, too bad it doesn’t do anything.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

Infinite is like taking the shadow bit to its absolute, he’s the cherry on top of an absurdly funny game already

and his song goes absurd

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think they realized they ran out of shovelware.
I'm pretty sure most of the NES/SNES games the AVGN called a ****load of **** are NOT on the service. Just hope it's unlikely they can secure the rights to Lester the Unlikely.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also Nintendo has been cooking with these NSO drops. I think they realized they ran out of shovelware.
The shovelware is in the August drop, where the only games are as follows:
NES: Kid Kool
SNES: Lester the Unlikely
N64: Superman 64
Sega Genesis: Dark Castle
Game Boy: Mary-Kate and Ashley “Get a Clue”
Game Boy Advance: Gives us a break from the shovelware by dropping Wario Land 4

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The shovelware is in the August drop, where the only games are as follows:
NES: Kid Kool
SNES: Lester the Unlikely
N64: Superman 64
Sega Genesis: Dark Castle
Game Boy: Mary-Kate and Ashley “Get a Clue”
Game Boy Advance: Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis
FTFY

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Playing the first Starfy game now. It's pretty fun but I really wish Nintendo would localise these game and not just drop them untranslated.

KillerCage

Smash Master

If we are strictly talking the games, my favorite one-off villains are Mephiles and Merlina with Metal Sonic as my favorite reoccurring villain.
If we are including villains from outside the games...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Chaos. Definitely Chaos. Wish we saw more of him in non-nostalgia throwback contexts.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I wanna give a shout out to Merlina, she has a real cool design, an understandable and sympathetic motive, great writing and a top tier boss theme.

However she cannot surpass the GOAT
SuperNeoMetal (1).jpg

sthidw10-1 (1).jpg

Growing up on Heroes might be part of it but Neo Metal is an excellent way of handling a classic villain, giving him an updated design that commands respect, a less cold but incredibly badass personality on account of being able to talk, absolute peak writing in IDW , he's perfect. I just hope that Sonadow Gens has him as a boss, the data copying makes for damn near infinite potential and you can probably make a Metal Overlord fight use Shadow's new wings.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The amount of NSO games released in the first half of this year alone is staggering. We haven't gotten this much in a while.

And the Genesis NSO is still over a year without an update.

Top Bottom