• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The animators by Avengers 2
View attachment 390662
You say that like the movies don't already have an inordinate amount of animation work put into them to the point where the animators are not only skeletons, but pulverized skeletons.
Don't worry, I'm sure an Awesome Invention will hit the Animation Industry that can Assist them with their Influx of work.
No sprays water bad Noipoi.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've seen several people say that highlight reels from previous years were misleading and didn't necessarily mean anything was getting announced.

I wouldn't even be able to watch it live because somehow these types of things are always right in the middle of my work day.

There's like a 70% SF6 Season 2 is at Evo anyway so I wouldn't bother watching it even if I could.
I predict Capcom could show a teaser trailer (in a similar fashion to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition) at Summer Game Fest and then a first gameplay trailer of 1st character within the second season at EVO.

I do also recall that there was a slight tease of Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves in which I would not be surprised if SNK decided to reveal a new character to be shown at Summer Game Fest.

But other than that, I am certain that there will be further news on SF6 Season 2 and FF: City of the Wolves at this year's EVO and maybe more on Tekken 8 too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
nvm Nami I didn’t understand your game
Just got to the Arlong Park flashback, I take it?

(I'm assuming this is about One Piece; I suppose there could be other characters named Nami, but the One Piece character is the first one that comes to mind)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I drew Black Panther again. Pretty happy with this one, it started as a pencil sketch. While not perfect, the pose was flashy enough for me to be happy with it. Tried to go with the Kirby design with a bit of extra flourish.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Anything that an entertainment corporation wants to write off on their taxes should become public domain and available for free from the library of congress. Nobody’s still making money off it, but the media doesn’t just go into the void never to be seen by anyone.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I took my uncle to A&W for his birthday and it cost me nearly 40 dollars for our food. Goddamn!

I remember last year it was close to 30 dollars and even then that's kind of expensive for a fast-food restaurant for just two people.

COVID and the Ukraine War really affected the ecnomy...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just got to the Arlong Park flashback, I take it?

(I'm assuming this is about One Piece; I suppose there could be other characters named Nami, but the One Piece character is the first one that comes to mind)
rn I’m on his fight with Luffy, but yeah that flashback made me forgive her real quick. Kinda hard to not picture Hercule dominating the world when listening to him tho ngl.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t think the Chainsaw Man chapter was that bad. I honestly saw it coming.

Hah, get it? :nifty:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t think the Chainsaw Man chapter was that bad. I honestly saw it coming.

Hah, get it? :nifty:
Boooo

For real though it's kinda gross yet beautiful, I need to know what happens next because if FujiGOATo is traumazing both of our protags, I need to see what happens, it's a chaotic mess that can only have absolutely dreadful consequences

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I submitted a request for a week-long vacation and my boss better not ruin it like he did with my last request for a week-long vacation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
crazy how Catherine Full Body casually tells me that being gay is better and more mentally stable than being straight…and to also stay the **** away from most (if not all) blonde womenguess Persona 6 is gonna have to learn that lesson since 3, 4, and 5 didn’t

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
crazy how Catherine Full Body casually tells me that being gay is better and more mentally stable than being straight…and to also stay the **** away from most (if not all) blonde womenguess Persona 6 is gonna have to learn that lesson since 3, 4, and 5 didn’t
I love the combination of heterofatalism + casual misogyny in this post /s

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love the combination of heterofatalism + casual misogyny in this post /s
I don't think he was serious but he's legit not wrong regarding the game, the blonde girl is actually insane and the gay ending is the most... normal for lack of better words
pretty much yeah. I’m probably missing out on something plot wise since I haven’t played through the Catherine path yet, but the relationship she and Katherine have with Vincent in comparison to Qatherine isn’t the most healthy (especially when he says things like “I can be honest and myself around Rin”). It’s still a great game tho at the very least.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
So, what are your summer nintendo direct predictions? Other then the possible switch 2 reveal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, what are your summer nintendo direct predictions? Other then the possible switch 2 reveal.
Predictions:
  • More games on NSO
  • Remake/Remaster of something
  • Something Metroid Prime related (2, 3, and/or 4)
Wishes:
  • Star Fox
  • The Direct not airing while I am at work

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
NOT a possible Switch 2 reveal.
"please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation"

Noipoi

Howdy!
NOT a possible Switch 2 reveal.
"please be aware that there will be no mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during that presentation"
Well clearly they were lying because Nintendo loves throwing us off. The whole direct will be about the Switch 2 actually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As I reply Thousand Year door, I’ve been thinking about what type of partners I’d like to see and their stories.

Might post one a day, but to start, here’s the first one:

Paper Mario: The folds of Fate. In an almost overnight change, the world has been plunged into chaos, and the world’s destruction is set to happen in only a few months. The one leading it all is Bowser???? No one knows how this rise to power happened, but Mario learns of the Paper Craft, an ancient artifact that when folded the right way and imbued with the power of the Seven Shrine Sprites, can control time itself. Allowing this disaster to be undone and for the world to be saved. Each area will be split into present and past segments, where Mario and his partners must stop the evil forces and learn of what has happened to the world. So starting with partners…
Pennington

IMG_0663.jpeg

A familiar face who reunites with Mario to investigate the rise of bowser’s forces and their newly found increase in power.

What could really be going on here and what are they after?

Out of battle he has tattle with the ability deduce. He also can provide hints for where hidden items or areas may be.

In battle he can perform a penguin slide that hits all enemies. He also can give you the information and weak points of them with deduction.

Lastly he also gets an ice breath technique that has a low chance to freeze enemies. Making him an overall resourceful companion as Mario tries to figure out how they can save the world this time.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think he was serious but he's legit not wrong regarding the game, the blonde girl is actually insane and the gay ending is the most... normal for lack of better words
pretty much yeah. I’m probably missing out on something plot wise since I haven’t played through the Catherine path yet, but the relationship she and Katherine have with Vincent in comparison to Qatherine isn’t the most healthy (especially when he says things like “I can be honest and myself around Rin”). It’s still a great game tho at the very least.
I'm sorry. I had a fight with my sister this morning, so I guess I was just feeling a bit less charitable about these things then I usually am...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my attempt to throw my hat into the ring
  • First Reveal is a full remake of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Releases in October.
  • Yoshi's Wooly World rerelease in August. Has all the content from the 3DS version of the game, as well as a few new bonuses.
  • Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD finally re-release! Wind Waker is available now, Twilight Princess releases in early July
  • Mario Party Superstars 2! Six boards this time - one from each of the GameCube games, 8, and DS. 150 minigames - 75 that were in Superstars, 75 that aren't. Releases in October
  • F-Zero GX Remastered! Releases January 2025.
  • Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remasters are on the way, release in November.
  • Direct ends on a trailer for Metroid Prime 4, 2025 release date.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's my attempt to throw my hat into the ring
  • First Reveal is a full remake of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. Releases in October.
  • Yoshi's Wooly World rerelease in August. Has all the content from the 3DS version of the game, as well as a few new bonuses.
  • Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD finally re-release! Wind Waker is available now, Twilight Princess releases in early July
  • Mario Party Superstars 2! Six boards this time - one from each of the GameCube games, 8, and DS. 150 minigames - 75 that were in Superstars, 75 that aren't. Releases in October
  • F-Zero GX Remastered! Releases January 2025.
  • Metroid Prime 2 and 3 remasters are on the way, release in November.
  • Direct ends on a trailer for Metroid Prime 4, 2025 release date.
Honestly this feels like you nailed it. I’d expect most of this to happen. Minus maybe Prime 4 of Yoshi. Feels like prime 4 is getting saved for the switch 2 presentation imo. Dropping remasters before that makes sense though. The superstars idea is my exact prediction though.

It’s the only logical reason as to why they wouldn’t do DLC, to sell a game with boards from the second era of peak for the franchise. I really hope they put effort into the character selection options this time though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm sorry. I had a fight with my sister this morning, so I guess I was just feeling a bit less charitable about these things then I usually am...
no need to apologize, since you didn’t do or say anything wrong
Qatherine best Catherine
give Qatherine some glasses and then there’s true peak…and of course obviously Catherine is the worst due to murder and ruining a homie’s life

Shroob

Sup?
Every time I hear anything about Catherine, it never fails that at least 1 person gets upset about something regarding it.

Game's cursed.

Top Bottom