• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, ****
Qatherine with glasses
View attachment 390694
you see the perfect vision
Every time I hear anything about Catherine, it never fails that at least 1 person gets upset about something regarding it.

Game's cursed.
ironic since curses are a sort of theme with the game
Ok. I just played Multiversus to get in my dailies and I swear the game is way faster now. Did they update something?
literally today, tho they’re putting Iron Giant on rest to fix him up a bit

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ok. I just played Multiversus to get in my dailies and I swear the game is way faster now. Did they update something?
It felt that way to me too. I thought at first the Xbox patch came out (that’s where I’m playing it), but it’s still just as bugged as ever.

What I do is grab dailies then run. I know I have some tutorial quests to finish that involve playing with others, but I’ll wait for a patch.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you see the perfect vision

ironic since curses are a sort of theme with the game

literally today, tho they’re putting Iron Giant on rest to fix him up a bit
Yeah. I knew about that. Really lame
It felt that way to me too. I thought at first the Xbox patch came out (that’s where I’m playing it), but it’s still just as bugged as ever.

What I do is grab dailies then run. I know I have some tutorial quests to finish that involve playing with others, but I’ll wait for a patch.
I’m not crazy!

Also I suck at the game now!

Also yeah, I play till I finish my missions and leave. When they add a new rift I finish that. I kinda don’t see a point in just endlessly playing multiplayer matches. Even if they added exp earnings for just playing… I doubt that would incentivize me to just play endless multiplayer matches.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I saw Someone mention that Tetsuya Iwanaga would be a good Live Action Majima

and I will now be disappointed if that isn't the case in the amazon prime show

Would love a Warner bros theme park on the same scale as Disneyworld or Universal Studios.
We got Disney World scale theme park at home

ya got,

Warner Bros. Movie World in Gold Coast Australia

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi

I think this is the largest Indoor theme park in the world IIRC

Parque Warner Madrid

I can't find any good images, this park map will have to do

and not to mention the "Variety" of "Deeply Themed" "Experiences" in the various Six Flags parks.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Goddammit I hate how right you are, now I actually give a **** about this lmao, dude's great for insane as hell characters with hidden depth

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

We got Disney World scale theme park at home

ya got,

Warner Bros. Movie World in Gold Coast Australia

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi

I think this is the largest Indoor theme park in the world IIRC

Parque Warner Madrid

I can't find any good images, this park map will have to do

and not to mention the "Variety" of "Deeply Themed" "Experiences" in the various Six Flags parks.
Bring this idea stateside PLEASE!!! I want my own Disneyworld that’s not in Australia or Abu Dabi or Madrid.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bring this idea stateside PLEASE!!! I want my own Disneyworld that’s not in Australia or Abu Dabi or Madrid.
Well there is Six Flags in the states which is heavily Warner Bros themed thanks to a licensing agreement. For the one closest to me, many rides are based off DC properties, as well as a kids zone based of Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes meet and greets as well as live Looney Tunes shows

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Also I can’t go to Abu Dhabi because being lgbt is illegal in the UAE.
Well there is Six Flags in the states which is heavily Warner Bros themed thanks to a licensing agreement. For the one closest to me, many rides are based off DC properties, as well as a kids zone based of Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes meet and greets as well as live Looney Tunes shows
Yeah. I know. But it’s not really the same thing. Six Flags doesn’t really do a lot of theming the same way Disney and Universal do.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yeah. I know. But it’s not really the same thing. Six Flags doesn’t really do a lot of theming the same way Disney and Universal do.
Well it might be the best you're gonna get here in the US of A, considering licensing agreements between territories and stuff like that. As it stands Six Flags has the rights for WB stuff in the states.

Maybe that'll change someday, who knows :drshrug:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Well Six Flags isn't owned by WB so I understand your point, it's a licensing thing (which is probably why we don't have an actual WB park in the states).
Well it might be the best you're gonna get here in the US of A, considering licensing agreements between territories and stuff like that. As it stands Six Flags has the rights for WB stuff in the states.

Maybe that'll change someday, who knows :drshrug:
Well given Six Flags and Cedar Falls are one, maybe we'll see a massive Six Flags over Cedar Falls that's all things WB related.

Or not. Who knows

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It really seems like the only reason why the UAE, Saudi Arabia and even the Overseas Disney Parks get all this cool **** that doesn't come over to the west, is because someone else pays for it. (I know for a fact that places like Tokyo Disney at this point are paid for almost exclusively by their land company.)

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think WB's logic is why spend millions building your own amusement park when you can get some other company to eat the cost of that and yet still reap the rewards via licensing deals.

But I do agree with you overall, it would be cool for a full on WB theme park, they got loads of untapped potential.
Hey, they can have a third party company build and manage the thing. But six flags only uses like two properties and barely does any themed lands or architecture. It’s more of an amusement park than a theme park.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was gonna finish up chapter 3 but decided to call it a wrap for tonight. Got to the Rawk Hawk. Gonna try to finish that chapter up tomorrow.

Also I ended getting white yoshi which is the rarest one. I would've preferred black but I'll take this!

In other news, my dog Sophie who has anxiety problems was shaking and panting as I played my game. I assumed she was missing my dad but turns out it was TTYD I was playing given how loud of a chapter the third one is and I did have the volume up to 50, that's probably loud for a dog given their hearing. She stopped as soon as I was done playing for the night.
I died on floor 91 in the Pit of 100 Trials

Damn...
How far into the game are you? If I were you, I'd try to attempt it once getting near the end of the game before chapter 8 or post-game.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
People hate when they discover Proto Man's Japanese name is Blues but He's red, and then there's me who doesn't understand why he wasn't localized as Kilo Man?
Because Kilo, Mega, Giga.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So actually, here's some tips for beating the pit for those struggling:
  • Get all partners to max upgrades, they have some cool stuff
  • The Line Jump badge is highkey useful since later on you'll be facing enemies in groups of 4 and don't go down easy
  • Get the protection badges too, ie the spike protection, the flame protection, etc
  • Invest in FP. You will need a lot of that
  • Goombella rules since she has the Rally Wink, which means Mario can output absurd damage alone. Multibonk can do absurd damage too (also practice the just frame)
  • Koops reeks after like floor 20. Him having no way to hit flying enemies makes him a liability.
  • Flurrie is useless. She gets hard countered by almost every enemy after the super basic ones.
  • Don't even bother with Yoshi Kid, is damage output is far too low to be useful. His Gulp and Mini Egg can have some purposes but you're better off savjng the FP.
  • Vivian rules since she had an auto dodge that is super worthwhile against charged enemies or ultimate attacks. Also she has her "screen nuke"
  • Bobbery rules, he's actually immune to enemies that counter the hammer despite what it looks like. Also his screen nuke actually nukes certain enemies. Don't bother if the enemies are immune to fire/explosions tho.
  • Ms. Mowz reeks, but she can steal
  • Super Guard plenty, the later enemies do 7 damage a pop with potential to charge up for double digit damage

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Smiling Friends discourse on Twitter because people are arguing if the rotoscoped scenes in the latest episode are AI or not.

So it's yes and no. The animation's key frames and mocap/movement were created by a human. Things like in the between frames and interlopation were done in AI. Having them manually sketch out every single frame of the human movement would be very repetitive, and frankly not very time savvy, so AI takes key frames and poses from different angles and such and then traces over the human movement based in it's own interpretation. A human is still very much involved with the process, in fact even when the AI is done rotoscoping, the human has to go and fix any blemishes that were made or missed by the AI, in Smiling Friends case the animator very obviously didn't.

TLDR; it's AI but not the way people think. This technique has been here for years.

Tech Bros and companies will pay for what how they changed AI for the general public.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
  • Flurrie is useless. She gets hard countered by almost every enemy after the super basic ones
Complete opposite for my Pit runs. She actually gets more useful as the pit goes on and that's because the floating enemies are all highly susceptible to gale force. Facing 5 wizzerds? You can beat them all in one turn with gale force and still get the star points.

The last sets of enemies are basically all flying ones so Flurrie is goated.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Smiling Friends discourse on Twitter because people are arguing if the rotoscoped scenes in the latest episode are AI or not.

So it's yes and no. The animation's key frames and mocap/movement were created by a human. Things like in the between frames and interlopation were done in AI. Having them manually sketch out every single frame of the human movement would be very repetitive, and frankly not very time savvy, so AI takes key frames and poses from different angles and such and then traces over the human movement based in it's own interpretation. A human is still very much involved with the process, in fact even when the AI is done rotoscoping, the human has to go and fix any blemishes that were made or missed by the AI, in Smiling Friends case the animator very obviously didn't.

TLDR; it's AI but not the way people think. This technique has been here for years.

Tech Bros and companies will pay for what how they changed AI for the general public.
This is a perfect example of how AI can actually be used as a tool to help people with processes like animation, instead of just being used by corporations as a "make (garbage tier) art dirt cheap" shortcut.

The problem too many are using it for just that, or are at least trying to, result in an justified push back, but like you said, their use of it has also sadly had a negative impact on AI's reputation as well.

StormC

Smash Hero
So actually, here's some tips for beating the pit for those struggling:
  • Koops reeks after like floor 20. Him having no way to hit flying enemies makes him a liability.
  • Flurrie is useless. She gets hard countered by almost every enemy after the super basic ones.
  • Don't even bother with Yoshi Kid, is damage output is far too low to be useful. His Gulp and Mini Egg can have some purposes but you're better off savjng the FP.
Sorry I gotta say as someone who beat the Pit twice, these are all very wrong

-Koops is very important for crowd control on grounded enemies, especially with Shell Slam with ignores defense
-Flurrie has Gale Force which can easily OHKO airborne enemies
-Yoshi is the best party member in the game with attack boosting badges. Gulp, Mini-Egg, and Stampede are all going to clean up

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh yeah, Koops' shell slam is also very good.

I'd say when I've done the pit my most used partners were
Koops- piercing damage with shell slam, plus he can hit things on the ground that might damage other partners.
Flurrie- gale force is essential and basically makes the last floors, which should be the hardest, incredibly easy
Goombella- when Koops couldn't hit an enemy

I did also get some use from Bobbery if I really needed to just wipe everything and Vivian for spiky parabuzzies since I wasn't using hammer throw. Ms. Mowz was there if I needed to finish off a final enemy while ignoring defense or if I could steal an item (I got lucky getting an extra power plus and defend plus across different runs).

For the final floor, power lift, Goombella's rally wink and spring jump were basically all I used. First time, Feeling Fine and Feeling Fine P also trivialise things.

I normally play conservatively with FP until the latter half of the pit, only using sweat feast or sweat treat when necessary. On your first run you tend to level up like crazy at the end so managing FP is less of an issue on the final floors.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Every time I hear anything about Catherine, it never fails that at least 1 person gets upset about something regarding it.

Game's cursed.
Tbf it sounds like that thing that upset Snake that one time really was rooted in deeply transmisogynistic tropes, even if it tried to put a wholesome twist in them. It just seems...really messy.

But I haven't actually played the game so idk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom