• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
With a few exceptions, a lot of kids' shows tend to get a lot of hate from teens and young adults because they find a show that wasn't made for their demographic annoying (shocker) and have nothing better to do than try to stir up arguments about it or otherwise think that viciously insulting edutainment shows for young kids makes them funny.

I never even understood why Dora was so hated back in the late 2000s/early 2010s. My best is guess is that a lot of people just grew up with younger siblings who watched it all the time and got sick of it as a result.
Very true. Nostalgia biases can be brutal. I've seen Wild Kratts (the show in my profile picture) get a fair amount of hate due to it being the follow-up to the highly-beloved Zoboomafoo.

That said, Wild Kratts also has a sizable fanbase. Though it's only a step above The Loud House in terms of disgusting content...

I just wanna enjoy Aviva being a dork, man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yooka-Layee is getting a Remaster? Remake? It's getting something.

A couple of other interesting games too, from that Collective thing. Double Shake and the Tomba remaster are two that come to mind. And The Secret of Crystal Mountain. One of the Mega Man like games was Elise or something like that. Iron Meat(it's like Contra) got a new trailer with some REALLY good animation. There was a lot they showed off, and I skimmed through, so there's some games I'm bound to forget. And a Gameboy artstyle platformer starring a Knight, but again there's a lot of games there so I'd have to skim through to get the proper name. I think it's Arenia or something. There was also a 3D Beat-Em-Up type of game that I think was made in Russia, starts with a K.

Also the very blatant send up that's Transylvaina, the Adventures of Simon Quest or something like that.

Frogun also got a sequel/expansion pack too.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Went through my amiibo collection, I have 45 Smash amiibo out of 95. Gotta get on that grindset so that I can complete this collection and no other reason

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zippo's "leak" on a Star Fox Assault remaster and future Star Fox series plans sounds ridiculously fake and screams way too good to be true.

Here it is if you're curious
I’m someone who defends his leaks for Mario games, but outside of those he’s like always wrong. Even his last few Mario ones were not quite right. So unlikely this is real imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 390738

The Mario Kart 8 dlc was just about 10 years ago, so…
With them, Link, Villager and Isabelle all being in the game as well, I'm half-convinced that Mario Kart is going to become just Nintendo Kart at some point.

Still better than including six different baby characters and several separate palette/costume swaps on the roster.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So to everyone's that has gotten TTYD. Which color Yoshi did you get?

I got white the rarest one. I was trying to get black since it looked the coolest but I'll take it. Also what did you name?

I named him Gonzales since he takes that name and title at the end of the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So to everyone's that has gotten TTYD. Which color Yoshi did you get?

I got white the rarest one. I was trying to get black since it looked the coolest but I'll take it. Also what did you name?

I named him Gonzales since he takes that name and title at the end of the game.
didn’t know the colors could change until after I got my Yoshi (I was trying to figure out if he had an actual name when I learned about the coloring). So instead I have a green Chadoshi that I should use as much as possible.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Saw my cousin graduate highschool today. The ceremony was nice but the stadium it happened in was not built for bigger people. I barely fit in my seat and it started to hurt by the end.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Read the Lilo and Stitch comics cause why not
Lilo and Stitch promise to never get seperated again
Tfw the anime is no longer canon cause of that promise
Do people mostly hate that anime because it separated Lilo from Stitch, or just because of the anime's writing quality?

Either way I'm pretty sure the anime did butcher Angel's character so I'm not a big fan of it either

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Do people mostly hate that anime because it separated Lilo from Stitch, or just because of the anime's writing quality?

Either way I'm pretty sure the anime did butcher Angel's character so I'm not a big fan of it either
Okay, I actually looked the show up again because I forgot about a lot of the issues it has and a lot the complaints about it.

It turns out they butchered a lot of characters, including some who had some incredible character development in Lilo and Stitch: the Series.and it's finale movie. That's a big issue in of itself.

The fact that they turned Gantu and Reuben into villains again is awful writing at it's "finest".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some company is gonna shill out over half a million for AAA slop that sells 3 copies and gets them shut down.

Gaming is so dead
gaming will be dead, but Nintendo will live on as its own entity

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, most of my Multiversus complaints are not worth addressing (accept adding tilts, grabs, shields, and supers) but if I could change anything about the game it would be Wonder Woman’s moveset.

It’s a problem I have with dc proper. She was created originally to be kind of a pacifist, though she still beat up criminals. But that’s why her iconic weapons were her bracelets (for defense) and her lasso of truth (a non lethal weapon). She would also use her tiara like a boomerang. But for a while now DC has decided to ignore that original intent and make her into Kratos. She’s become excessively violent and started swinging around a sword and cutting people’s heads off. And she’s gotten a Spartan style skirt and a shield to go with her sword (despite the bracelets already being there and being able to deflect damage and projectiles. And needless to say I don’t like it.

And in Multiversus she barely uses her iconic tools at all. She uses the lasso yes but she doesn’t do anything with her tiara. And her only move with the bracelets is that stupid energy wave thing from the movie that Black Panther copied. Not to mention she can fly and she doesn’t do it in her moveset at all. And the greatest sin, the sword and shield being not only in her moveset but being most of her moveset.

If they were to completely rework any character I’d want it to be her. And that’s not completely out of the question for live service games. What I’d do is get rid of the sword and shield, making her normals punches and kicks. Make her side special throwing the tiara, her up special some sort of flight related move, and her down special reflecting projectiles with her bracelets (like the iconic imagery of her bouncing bullets off her bracelets). There are plenty of characters they can and probably will add that will use swords and shields. Lets make Wonder Woman her iconic and classic iteration in terms of gameplay.

And a classic skin wouldn’t hurt either.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Now on NSO: Mega Man 1-5 (Game Boy)
A slight bummer that this puts a damper on a Legacy Collection 3, but overall one of the best updates they've ever put out. Some of the best games on the system and IV & V will run you about $330 together nowadays.

Having Save States/Rewind will be a godsend for III. That game is absolutely brutal in it's second half and is easily the 2nd hardest game in the series after Mega Man & Bass (which IMO has better overall level design). People complain about MM9 being Death Spike happy, clearly haven't played this one. A certain jump you have to make in Dust Man's stage has cost me many a playthrough.

As a small tip for V. If you purposely kill yourself 4(8) times in a row, Dr. Light will upgrade the Mega Arm (Charge Shot) so that it shoots significantly faster. It also works for IV, but I'm not sure if it's as noticeable a difference.

Top Bottom