• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

StormC

Smash Hero
So to everyone's that has gotten TTYD. Which color Yoshi did you get?

I got white the rarest one. I was trying to get black since it looked the coolest but I'll take it. Also what did you name?

I named him Gonzales since he takes that name and title at the end of the game.
Pink. I would have tried for black but the window was very narrow and I didn't feel like savescumming it, plus pink is my favorite color so I was content.

I named him after my cat.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So to everyone's that has gotten TTYD. Which color Yoshi did you get?

I got white the rarest one. I was trying to get black since it looked the coolest but I'll take it. Also what did you name?

I named him Gonzales since he takes that name and title at the end of the game.
Waited for a black one because I have an affinity for darkly colored reptiles (Toothless, Noivern, Godzilla...)

Took me 40 minutes :079:

Named him Broshi. Cuz he's a Yoshi, and he's my bro.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Pretty cool that the GB Mega Man games are on the Switch. Been waiting to see what Capcom would do with some of the more obscure titles.

I hope Mega Man and Bass on the SNES gets a release there. I played most of that game and enjoyed it, but that King Plane fight is mad annoying as Mega Man.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't know if anyone shared this before, but I found out a while ago that TMNT 2003 got localized in Japan and had it's own openings. So it's the reverse of "Rock the Dragon" deal we got in USA. Still results in a banger just like Rock the Dragon though. Feels A LOT like a Naruto opening and I vibe hard with that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Someone on Reddit pointed out that, in the new Season of Totally Spies, Clover apparently is into girls and has a girlfriend.

The source is Instagram and I found it on the Official Instagram for the show, but the dialogue is in French and I don’t speak French so I can’t tell if the Reddit post is reporting a genuine change or not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Im not really smart in this but i dont think Anno had any part in Panty and Stocking
No like, suitable owners would also include TRIGGER, not just Khara, otherwise it wouldn't say that
Someone on Reddit pointed out that, in the new Season of Totally Spies, Clover apparently is into girls and has a girlfriend.

The source is Instagram and I found it on the Official Instagram for the show, but the dialogue is in French and I don’t speak French so I can’t tell if the Reddit post is reporting a genuine change or not.
Fork found in kitchen, more at 11

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fork found in kitchen, more at 11
After posting my initial post on the subject, I posted about finding the clip to the reddit post. Someone who spoke French wrote back saying that Clover did have a new girl friend but not a girlfriend.

And now as I type this I learn the word used in the clip (amie) means girlfriend in both contexts.

I’m gonna need an English translation or more knowledge of the French language to figure it out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
After posting my initial post on the subject, I posted about finding the clip to the reddit post. Someone who spoke French wrote back saying that Clover did have a new girl friend but not a girlfriend.

And now as I type this I learn the word used in the clip (amie) means girlfriend in both contexts.

I’m gonna need an English translation or more knowledge of the French language to figure it out.
French is needlessly gendered so it makes sense, that's like the one thing I remember from that crap language

osby

Smash Obsessed
French is needlessly gendered so it makes sense, that's like the one thing I remember from that crap language
You can make that same mistake in a lot of languages, grammatically gendered or not, including German and Turkish (from the ones I know).

I don't recall much from my French lessons other than the language making a lot more sense than English. But maybe that was because it wasn't my first foreign language at that point.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

SCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! WOKE! WOKE ALERT!

Btw I'm being sarcastic because those idiots act as if LGBT+ had never been a thing until now...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You can make that same mistake in a lot of languages, grammatically gendered or not, including German and Turkish (from the ones I know).

I don't recall much from my French lessons other than the language making a lot more sense than English. But maybe that was because it wasn't my first foreign language at that point.
Ok but like I'm like Uncle Ruckus when it comes to French people so I'm harsher on them than others. French people be like "What gender is your 'ow you say... Washing mashine" before using a slur

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw that one Hand Meme and I knew what I wanted to draw outta that with Mr. Fantastic.

Are there any colors Yoshi’s haven’t been?
I want to say deeper shades of green. Even Magenta was technically used in NSMB Wii, just not on a grown Yoshi.

I juat.. saw a video of someone who candied a popeyes meal..

im afraid my race cant be saved rn.
So not that, but the Candied Honey Buns was insane. I got more of an issue with ****** putting Henny on EVERYTHING tho. Like damn, go to an AA meeting or something.

I’m sure a mantis shrimp could answer that question for you
I forget who, but I saw a guy I follow on Twitter make a Shirmp superhero who had the powers of literally every shirmp. So the crazy punching one, the mantis shirmp's sight and all the regular "guy who is a sea animal" powers. I thought that was a cool twist on the gimmick.

Top Bottom