• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish humans were semi-aquatic. And that it was acceptable to spend long periods of time in the water for like… life… instead of just recreation where you can’t do anything else.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wish humans were semi-aquatic. And that it was acceptable to spend long periods of time in the water for like… life… instead of just recreation where you can’t do anything else.
I wouldn't want to be semi aquatic cause that would mean sharing a habitat with hellspawns from the deep

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Zippo's "leak" on a Star Fox Assault remaster and future Star Fox series plans sounds ridiculously fake and screams way too good to be true.

Here it is if you're curious
Zippo has been so horribly wrong on everything that as soon as he beefed with Midori she started getting ing sponsored by the companies she was leaking from
I still think Star Fox has a good chance of returning in some form.

It may not be in this month's Direct, it may not be Switch 2's launch window, but I have faith.
I’m someone who defends his leaks for Mario games, but outside of those he’s like always wrong. Even his last few Mario ones were not quite right. So unlikely this is real imo.
Bit late to the conversation, but it's Star Fox talk, I can't not say something.

So on the surface, Zippo's little rumor doesn't mean much. He's been spouting that a new Star Fox game is in development since 2022. Sure, there could be a new Star Fox game in the works, but I'm not convinced by Zippo alone. Rather, a few other things are leading me to believe something's brewing.
  1. In a Twitter thread (About Star Fox: Assault), someone asked Liam Robertson if he bought Zippo's story. He claimed that something is happening with Star Fox, but that he hadn't heard of an Assault HD specifically. I reached out asking for more information, but of course no response.
  2. We know that Bandai Namco was hiring for a Nintendo-contracted remaster of a 3D Action Game a few years ago. Granted, this could be anything, but I really remember people being split between the game being Star Fox: Assault and Kid Icarus: Uprising. I've been leaning towards the latter personally ever since Sakurai's little tease at the end of this video.
  3. A few months ago, people found out about a new Star Fox trademark that popped up around the same time as a Princess Peach trademark. Obviously the Princess Peach trademark was linked to Princess Peach: Showtime!. The last time this happened was around 2018, which looks to have coincided with Starlink: Battle for Atlas.
  4. Not much on its own, but there's remnant Star Fox-related data within Nintendo Switch Sports. Could be that they pulled resources from an existing Star Fox title or internal test-bed (Which is likely, considering Star Fox is the guinea pig for testing new things). Or that they pulled those from a Star Fox title in production.
  5. Lastly, everything with Pikmin in the past few years. In 2016, Miyamoto stated that he always wanted Star Fox and Pikmin to be more popular than they were, and that he'd put more energy into both of them in the future. Fast-forward, and look at the renaissance Pikmin has experienced. Fast-forward to 2020, and Pikmin 3 Deluxe releases, becoming the best-selling Pikmin game. Then we get Pikmin Bloom in 2021. Then in 2023, HD remasters of Pikmin 1 and 2 get shadowdropped. Finally, Pikmin 4 launches, and surpasses Pikmin 3 Deluxe as the best-seller. Now imagine THAT energy, but toward Star Fox.
  6. Apparently another leaker, Midori, is claiming that Nintendo's just sitting on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Remastered for Switch. Given how Metroid Prime Remastered and Pikmin 1 + 2 Remastered were shadowdropped, it seems Nintendo likes to just sit on HD remasters until the time is right.
Circling back to Zippo, again, he's been claiming a new Star Fox game is in the works for a while. Now he's saying we're getting Star Fox: Assault HD, another NEW Star Fox game, AND that there's some other Star Fox products in the works. So, could this be the start of a Star Fox renaissance period? Start off strong by announcing a new Star Fox game, then follow-up by shadowdropping Star Fox: Assault Remastered to really drum up hype for it.

But in the end, believe it when you see it. I'm keeping my expectations low, but I do think we're bound for Star Fox to show up again before too long. And with the Switch's successor right around the corner, coinciding with its launch would be a fantastic way to really boost the series into the spotlight.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
It’d be so sad if starlink battle for atlas is the star fox game of this generation

But I mean they could have also told the story of 64 again so small miracles

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Watching that popeyes vid made be realize I can't stand dudes eating up close to the camera, like take a step back.

Also people gotta chew with their mouth closed, idk when it became acceptable to be smacking the food but it's so nasty.
Oh I completely feel ya.

I'm really not sure when the trend of mukbang videos and other videos where people eat food in detail got so huge, but I have no idea why it seems to get so much attention.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Watching that popeyes vid made be realize I can't stand dudes eating up close to the camera, like take a step back.

Also people gotta chew with their mouth closed, idk when it became acceptable to be smacking the food but it's so nasty.
I got on my dad about that once. He was esting some chips and he started enjoying the chip and little too much and was chewing loud as hell so I said "Chewing a little bit loud over there"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I got on my dad about that once. He was esting some chips and he started enjoying the chip and little too much and was chewing loud as hell so I said "Chewing a little bit loud over there"
My dad is a smacker (and tbh has bad table manners in gemeral) and then he wonders why I don't wanna eat with him.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/tkjnwo
Let's talk like this game is real

(ahem)
Good god can they nerf the Sam Hill out of Peg and Cat already?! I'm an Aviva main and no matter what I do it's impossible to play up close to them with their ungodly chain-grab game and utterly absurd kill-throws. No wonder Pinkalicious is the most broken character in the game, her zoning capabilities are the only thing that can handle their grabs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah time to follow up my next paper Mario game concept. After starting with a previous character we let in a prior game, the rest of the partner lineup is all new characters. I just thought it be cool if one npc from a past game got time to shine as a partner.

So for the next chapter, and partner,

We have chapter 1 and our new partner:
IMG_0695.jpeg

We have Jeanie a bean person from a far away land. I can’t draw and didn’t have an image of just the female bean people lol so if any artist here wants to go for their own drawing, go for it!

But anyway, as for their design, they would have hair similar to E.Gadds, as well as a lab coat with pins that reference different Mario games, from sunshine, to Luigi’s mansion, and the Mario and Luigi games.

A bean person who saw the heroics of Mario and Luigi in superstar saga, and admired the legendary and eccentric Professor E.Gadd.

Their inventions are hit or miss, but they can use their remote controls to active multiple switches at once so that Mario and Co can progress through different areas throughout their story.

Her goal is to be a brilliant inventor and hopes that by traveling with Mario she can perfect her knowledge and see more of the world around her, and to see what it would inventions would benefit them.

For her default attack in battle, she wields a wrench to hit enemies with. Upgraded her and she gets access to a mallet. A tool that can flip shell enemies and hit spiked ones.

her other move in battle is the Switcheroo. Pressing a random button will cause random stage effects to happen.

Overall I thought this would be a fun archetype to have and a way to incorporate a partner who can teach things from far away.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I realize now if I want more "originality" in movies. I have to look outside Hollywood and focus on Indie films, especially if it comes to creature films which more often there's more Indie creature flicks than there are Hollywood ones because Hollywood is all about the money at this point.

Frogman and Sting are two notable examples this year.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like Troy Baker will grow to become the next top Batman and Joker

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I might watch summer game fest after all cause I'm kinda depressed and seeing Geoff Keighley trying and failing to be the next E3 makes me feel like less of a failure

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I kind of worry that the constant public complaining from Multiversus’s audience is just gonna get the game shut down by David Zaslav before they can fix any of the issues the game actually has.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We got a new Lego game.

Lego Horizons. Will be on everything but Xbox (yes, even the Switch)

I'll be honest, making a existing video game into a Lego video game doesn't excite me as much as adapting a property into Lego (I was okay with Portal, Midway, and Sonic in Dimensions because they were part of a bigger game).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We got a new Lego game.

Lego Horizons. Will be on everything but Xbox (yes, even the Switch)

I'll be honest, making a existing video game into a Lego video game doesn't excite me as much as adapting a property into Lego (I was okay with Portal, Midway, and Sonic in Dimensions because they were part of a bigger game).
it being on the Switch is crazy ngl. Probably cause Sony happy they get to make a Zelda movie with them

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Holy ****! Terry AND Mai are gonna be in Street Fighter 6! Capcom finally did a traditional crossover character. AND Elena/M.Bison are getting added to Season 2 of SF6. Guess Bison had another clone body.

Sparking Zero showed Super Saiyan Adult Gohan, SS2 Teen Gohan, UI Goku and Jiren as new characters, and I think the rest of the Trio De Dangers. Goku Black and Zamasu as well, but I can't remember if they showed those two already. I know that What-Ifs were in other titles too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
B.Jenet and some new guy are in Fatal Fury City of the Wolves. I hope Bob Richards, Mai and Richard Strowd show up in there too.

Let alone with MAYBE Ryu and Chun-Li being in City of the Wolves too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
With how kitted out the SF6 characters are, I hope Terry gets all sorts of moves. I'm talking bringing back Fire Kick and even Quick Burn from 2002, aside from his main 5 or so attacks.

The new Power Rangers game looks neat too. Similar to Shredder's Revenge but it does enough of it's own stuff with 3D and Punch-Out!! sections.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hasbro: Puts Power Rangers on ice because no one is interested

Also Hasbro: Only shills Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and never evolves or does anything else with the seires

Top Bottom