• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon as a tactics game that's also a Fire Emblem Crossover.
Aaaah yeah pokemon with permadeath!

I'm S-supporting my Skitty with Wailord.

Be careful how you use your Charizardite X, Charizard only gets to transform into a dragon 30 times before its gone for good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Check your unconcious biases.
unspoilered text
I kinda agree, mostly because other than SU, I don't think any of those fandoms are that bad and even then, there are really worse Western animation fandoms out there.

Though you can say that all of them have fandoms that praise the shows for being positive and progressive only to act the opposite, even if that can be a stretch. For all its faults, I met really nice people in SU and Korra fandoms, can't really comment on the other two.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I kinda agree, mostly because other than SU, I don't think any of those fandoms are that bad and even then, there are really worse Western animation fandoms out there.

Though you can say that all of them have fandoms that praise the shows for being positive and progressive only to act the opposite, even if that can be a stretch. For all its faults, I met really nice people in SU and Korra fandoms, can't really comment on the other two.
She-Ra's most annoying component were the Right Wingers acting like chimpanzees over the show and idk why the Owl House is even there, lowkey hella sus ngl.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I will say LGBTQ+ topics are full of sensitive issues and that can, uh, stir the pot when large fandoms are already really toxic as is.

That said The Owl House is only like, the regular amount of toxic (frick I'd argue that my experience with Gravtiy Falls fandom was way worse) and I've honestly seen a lot of positivity from that fandom. Absolutely doesn't belong on the list.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time this morning, and I can see why a ton of people hold it in such high regard. I played the game on easy mode to start, and I'm willing to try it again on normal difficulty or even hard; it felt a lot fairer than many of the arcade conversions of the day. (at least, the ones that I've played)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I will say LGBTQ+ topics are full of sensitive issues and that can, uh, stir the pot when large fandoms are already really toxic as is.

That said The Owl House is only like, the regular amount of toxic (frick I'd argue that my experience with Gravtiy Falls fandom was way worse) and I've honestly seen a lot of positivity from that fandom. Absolutely doesn't belong on the list.
I mean, with Gravity Falls I've seen people argue if Mabel is just a 12 year old child or a massive asshole so...

She-Ra's most annoying component were the Right Wingers acting like chimpanzees over the show and idk why the Owl House is even there, lowkey hella sus ngl.
Same energy
FOLPrULWUAQ2Rej.png

Idk if this was real or not but damn

Dukefire

Smash Master
No matter how you slice and dice it, the internet will ALWAYS find something to create drama and/or toxic
Screenshot_20220831-085506_YouTube.jpg

cashregister9

Smash Hero
One thing I've noticed especially in regards to the Owl House, She-ra and many others is they actually are a weirdo about LGBT+ stuff but they disguise it under the general complaint of "Shipping"

"I hate this show because the fandom is too obsessed with shipping" is a thing I have heard quite a bit. And usually when you look at their profile they are complaining about SJWs

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now I will say as someone who's aromantic I can find a lot of shipping-obsessed fandoms (aka most fandoms) to be...hostile to say the least.

But hating a show just for its fandom is just petty.
Nah, you're not alone. I love shipping and romance but a lot of the time, fandoms latch onto one OTP and make it the entire point where the narrative and the involved characters revolve around. It's exhausting even if you like the pairing because characters are reduced to a single part of themselves.

And that's without going into shipping wars.

osby osby

1. Whats your favorite color and what is your skin tione
  2. Do you want a character
  3. Would you like me and your character to be gay besties?
  1. Pink and pink
  2. Sure, go for it.
  3. If they're not already, we should fix that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Top Bottom