• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nah Frontiers looks dope tho

Might buy a new 3D Sonic game for the first time in years.

Which, after all the hedgehog content I’ve consumed over the last few years, is a good feeling
:sonic:
I wish everyone who is excited for this game nothing but happiness and joy when it finally comes out. Me... I guess I'll just have to wait for the 100% linear 3D side-series to maybe eventually happen if I'm lucky.

Noipoi

Howdy!
how do you envision that working?
Why yes I've already thought of this thank you very much.

I imagined Toys for Bob making it, cuz I was playing Crash 4 at the time. Imagine it with a presentation similar to that, or the Spyro remakes. Don't ask me how that deal would work out.

You play as a Pikachu, obviously. An intrepid, mildly sarcastic kid who can only say their own name for some reason. All the other Pokémon have fully voice acted dialogue.

It got too big so I had to spoiler it :pikachu:

PLOT STUFF:

Mewtwo has been randomly appearing all over the world, and causing chaos wherever it goes. It's specifically been targeting certain ancient temples, scattering the slumbering Unown that reside within them. It's up to Pikachu to retrieve all the 100 Golden Unown and put them back in their rightful place, before it's too late.

Basically Mewtwo's being mind-controlled by Giratina, who wants to use the power of the Unown to break free from the Distortion World and take revenge on the mortals. As Pikachu, you gotta stop him.

GAMEPLAY:

Nine decently sized sandbox worlds, each based on a location from each region.

Kanto: Viridian Forest (Basic first world)
Johto: Ecruteak City (Mainly the burned tower)
Hoenn: Sootopolis City (With sizeable underwater sections)
Sinnoh: Mt Coronet (And Hisui, with some time travel shenanigans)
Unova: Castelia City (Largest world)
Kalos: Laverre Scary House (Upgraded to an entire ghost mansion)
Alola: Wela Volcano Park (Currently under an Ultra Beast invasion)
Galar: Glimwood Tangle? (Still deciding)
Paldea: To be decided

Each world has ten Golden Unown to collect, which you acquire through platforming challenges, finding hidden areas, or helping NPC Pokemon with their problems. Each world is filled with Pokemon with unique personalities, and each world also has its own self contained storyline to complete that also ties into the overarching plot. Fully voice acted cutscenes.

Various berries are your coins. You can spend them on items, including cosmetics. Every Pikachu variation in the games is available as a costume. You can also unlock new moves, which help you with platforming. Every move is based on a move from the games.

Combat is fluid, and once again utilized moves from the game. Depending on what you have equipped, you can do different things. Various mooks are comprised of Dark/Ghost/Posion types who are under Giratina's control. Each world's boss is a legendary from the respective region.

Gameplay is Banjo Kazooie/Mario Odyssey inspired. Get Grant Kirkhope on the music I don't give a **** this is my dream game I can do what I want-

Final dungeon is the Distortion World. You and Mewtwo team up to stop Giratina. Arceus appears if you have all 100 Unown.

Yes I have spent way too long thinking about this :4pacman:

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how Fortnight chose to keep the Kamehameha as an attack for a little while longer even though the Dragon Ball event ended.

I like putting the fear of god into some random opponents.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You ever just look at something
And cry

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
You ever just look at something
And cry
Space is probably the only place that's beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why yes I've already thought of this thank you very much.

I imagined Toys for Bob making it, cuz I was playing Crash 4 at the time. Imagine it with a presentation similar to that, or the Spyro remakes. Don't ask me how that deal would work out.

You play as a Pikachu, obviously. An intrepid, mildly sarcastic kid who can only say their own name for some reason. All the other Pokémon have fully voice acted dialogue.

It got too big so I had to spoiler it :pikachu:

PLOT STUFF:

Mewtwo has been randomly appearing all over the world, and causing chaos wherever it goes. It's specifically been targeting certain ancient temples, scattering the slumbering Unown that reside within them. It's up to Pikachu to retrieve all the 100 Golden Unown and put them back in their rightful place, before it's too late.

Basically Mewtwo's being mind-controlled by Giratina, who wants to use the power of the Unown to break free from the Distortion World and take revenge on the mortals. As Pikachu, you gotta stop him.

GAMEPLAY:

Nine decently sized sandbox worlds, each based on a location from each region.

Kanto: Viridian Forest (Basic first world)
Johto: Ecruteak City (Mainly the burned tower)
Hoenn: Sootopolis City (With sizeable underwater sections)
Sinnoh: Mt Coronet (And Hisui, with some time travel shenanigans)
Unova: Castelia City (Largest world)
Kalos: Laverre Scary House (Upgraded to an entire ghost mansion)
Alola: Wela Volcano Park (Currently under an Ultra Beast invasion)
Galar: Glimwood Tangle? (Still deciding)
Paldea: To be decided

Each world has ten Golden Unown to collect, which you acquire through platforming challenges, finding hidden areas, or helping NPC Pokemon with their problems. Each world is filled with Pokemon with unique personalities, and each world also has its own self contained storyline to complete that also ties into the overarching plot. Fully voice acted cutscenes.

Various berries are your coins. You can spend them on items, including cosmetics. Every Pikachu variation in the games is available as a costume. You can also unlock new moves, which help you with platforming. Every move is based on a move from the games.

Combat is fluid, and once again utilized moves from the game. Depending on what you have equipped, you can do different things. Various mooks are comprised of Dark/Ghost/Posion types who are under Giratina's control. Each world's boss is a legendary from the respective region.

Gameplay is Banjo Kazooie/Mario Odyssey inspired. Get Grant Kirkhope on the music I don't give a **** this is my dream game I can do what I want-

Final dungeon is the Distortion World. You and Mewtwo team up to stop Giratina. Arceus appears if you have all 100 Unown.

Yes I have spent way too long thinking about this :4pacman:
Hey, sounds fun! I didn't think it would work but it sounds like it would!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon as an action RPG inspired by FF7R and P5S

Pokemon as a tactics game that's also a Fire Emblem Crossover.

Pokemon as a good fighting game that's not an arena fighter like Pokken.

These are all things I want.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Top Bottom