• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, uhh, cooking in XC3 is completely bugged and doesn't actually apply the bonus effects from meals.

Rather unfortunate since I've spent so many silver Nopon Coins on 'em thinking they were working, haha.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Gumball content is p much dead in the water for Multiversus now, so I personally don't really care anymore lol.
Honestly it kind of feels to me that the majority of CN/AS (especially pre-2010s) will be that game's Geno anyway.

On the other hand, they say the main obstacle holding back Ben 10 is trying to think of a moveset that won't be a drain on resources rather than anything else.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So, uhh, cooking in XC3 is completely bugged and doesn't actually apply the bonus effects from meals.

Rather unfortunate since I've spent so many silver Nopon Coins on 'em thinking they were working, haha.
Yeah I learned about that there now. Placebo effect is a ***** dude.

Also about four weeks since the game came out and no new update to fix bugs or a bit of Quality of Life improvements honestly worry me a bit. Even fix some of the landmarks and fast travel would be a small addition.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
To break the ice a bit, when do you think the Nintendo Direct will appear this fall? Also, Shovel Knight DIG has its release date set on September 23rd for those that have been waiting.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To break the ice a bit, when do you think the Nintendo Direct will appear this fall?
Definitely no time next week as Nintendo will be going full steam promoting Splatoon 3 as much as they can.

But maybe during the second half of September at the earliest if I had to guess.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
To break the ice a bit, when do you think the Nintendo Direct will appear this fall? Also, Shovel Knight DIG has its release date set on September 23rd for those that have been waiting.
In 2019 we got a direct within the first week of September.

In 2020 we didn't get one at all.

In 2021 it was the last week of September.

So the answer is, who knows?
mario chills.gif

Let's just chill until it gets here.

If there is one at all

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I'm right, this is going to be an aye-aye Pokemon.

Which is a rare GameFreak win.
Wait, Grafaiai

Graf-AiAi
Graf-Ai-Ai?

Monkey Ball confirmed???
Finally it’s his time:
D9E503E7-6AAB-411E-BEC3-29E0C5BC2A8A.jpeg

Wait, Godzilla leaving WB?

More cut content for Multiversus then?
This really doesn’t rule him out imo, for several reasons:
From what we know from multiple leaks and data mines, every character has seemingly had their deals locked in and all have a very decent record of development so far. The only content we ever heard wasn’t negotiated fully for was Harry Potter and LOTR.

Any deal to get Godzilla in this has already been made and with the way the developers talk about it, it sounds like they had some good foresight. Knowing the merger was coming, they likely made sure every character was locked in regardless of the future. Otherwise Tony probably wouldn’t be this adamant.

Also even if that’s not the case, Legendary is still making another film with WB for next year. It’s very likely Godzilla will stay because they already started on it and he may be one of the last things the two collaborate together for. Given there’s a very specific rules set given for Godzilla in Collabs, I’m confident a deal was worked out way in advance.

Tony also said the Iron Giant was kinda of hell to make, and that it be awhile before they release another giant character. Godzilla would definitely be getting work done if it’s such a long process for big characters.

Lastly, Mortys nice data in the code list Gandalfs moves as Mortys. This lines up with the original leak where Rick and Gandalf were on the base roster and playable in the builds then. It’s very likely Gandalf would have released with Rick this time but they couldn’t secure the deal and so Morty got pushed up or was already done enough to put him out first. Which seems to be the case because he somehow released before Rick did, despite Rick being worked on so far back.

This gives me pretty high confidence that every character in the datamine has way more work done on them then we suspect. Allowing anything to be swapped out at any time if need be. This is supported even more by the fact that Raven and Martian had a lot of work done in the last build of the game, and Beetlejuice, The Wicked Witch, Black Adam, and Gizmo/Stripe had nothing major.

For all that data to be added in such a short time, it has to be that it’s already been there and they just hid it in earlier builds.

So my bet right now is that every character in the code is a lock. Anything after these 30 characters may be in trouble though since they haven’t done any work past there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This really doesn’t rule him out imo, for several reasons:
From what we know from multiple leaks and data mines, every character has seemingly had their deals locked in and all have a very decent record of development so far. The only content we ever heard wasn’t negotiated fully for was Harry Potter and LOTR.

Any deal to get Godzilla in this has already been made and with the way the developers talk about it, it sounds like they had some good foresight. Knowing the merger was coming, they likely made sure every character was locked in regardless of the future. Otherwise Tony probably wouldn’t be this adamant.

Also even if that’s not the case, Legendary is still making another film with WB for next year. It’s very likely Godzilla will stay because they already started on it and he may be one of the last things the two collaborate together for. Given there’s a very specific rules set given for Godzilla in Collabs, I’m confident a deal was worked out way in advance.

Tony also said the Iron Giant was kinda of hell to make, and that it be awhile before they release another giant character. Godzilla would definitely be getting work done if it’s such a long process for big characters.

Lastly, Mortys nice data in the code list Gandalfs moves as Mortys. This lines up with the original leak where Rick and Gandalf were on the base roster and playable in the builds then. It’s very likely Gandalf would have released with Rick this time but they couldn’t secure the deal and so Morty got pushed up or was already done enough to put him out first. Which seems to be the case because he somehow released before Rick did, despite Rick being worked on so far back.

This gives me pretty high confidence that every character in the datamine has way more work done on them then we suspect. Allowing anything to be swapped out at any time if need be. This is supported even more by the fact that Raven and Martian had a lot of work done in the last build of the game, and Beetlejuice, The Wicked Witch, Black Adam, and Gizmo/Stripe had nothing major.

For all that data to be added in such a short time, it has to be that it’s already been there and they just hid it in earlier builds.

So my bet right now is that every character in the code is a lock. Anything after these 30 characters may be in trouble though since they haven’t done any work past there.
I really do hope you're right.

Because Godzilla getting scrapped would be a total bummer.

Granted the Rampage monsters would help fill that void but it'd still be a bummer.

Reactions: Z25

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly I'm not really up for one now that Xenoblade 3 is out. And I don't know what I want games wise now since most of the ports I want have happened.

Genshin for Switch physical and Excitebike 64 for NSO maybe.........

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gumball content is p much dead in the water for Multiversus now, so I personally don't really care anymore lol.
I may be less likely but I wouldn’t say dead. We don’t know how much discovery affects the roster and according to Tony it doesn’t seem to be a big impact if he’s being truthful.

Plus Gumball is considered big enough that they wouldn’t trash the movie so I guess that’s a plus. I don’t think discovery would be against it if they get a good price on the movie rights.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
New free characters now until the 13th are Bugs Bunny, Harley Quinn, Shaggy, and Velma.
guess this is a decent time to check out 3 of those characters…maybe Harley will finally have a side character to use amongst my army of cool characters to play

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
guess this is a decent time to check out 3 of those characters…maybe Harley will finally have a side character to use amongst my army of cool characters to play
I’m gonna pretend that Pokelego999 Pokelego999 liked the comment to confirm he’s a Harley main in Multiversus

Top Bottom