• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh so it's Konosuba? I don't really read that much.
OK Konosuba is admittedly worse

Nice! Probably the best shiny of all time.

I remember trying to get shiny Zygarde like this.

It was very painful :drsad:
Someone on a forum randomly gave me one way back in ORAS.

I should check if it’s legit or not. full stop it probably ain’t lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like all it takes for YTers and news sites to say there's a Direct "rumored" is for enough random people on Twitter to beg for one in an attempt to will one into being.
Directs are rumored every February, June, and September at this point.

Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Has no one learned by now?

MooMew64

Directs are rumored every February, June, and September at this point.

Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong.

Has no one learned by now?
BUT NOI LOOK AT THIS WIKIPEDIA SCREENSHOT, IT SAYS THAT A DIRECT HAPPENED IN SEPTEMBER A LOT

THAT'S A PATTERN

Now, if we psychoanalyze Nintendo's current CEO and cross-reference it with what he typically does every Mon-Wed morning (Directs only get announced on these days!), we can start to narrow it down. Nintendo typically waits for a game to be released before promoting a new one, so Splatoon here, SPLATOON IS THE KEY. Once that launches, the future is considerably more bare, which means they have to show me more games I won't buy to keep the hype going so I can argue with people on social media over how many beeg numbers my plastic box of choice shifted.

Fire Emblem is also rumored to be getting a title soon here...Cross that with Mario Rabbids needing a DLC trailer, the obvious announcement Sora was a fakeout and Sakurai's new channel is the new home of Smash Directs and the Gex revival, and we got ourselves a done deal. Direct will air exactly on September 31st, click this link to be notified when it goes live!

Noipoi

Howdy!
BUT NOI LOOK AT THIS WIKIPEDIA SCREENSHOT, IT SAYS THAT A DIRECT HAPPENED IN SEPTEMBER A LOT

THAT'S A PATTERN

Now, if we psychoanalyze Nintendo's current CEO and cross-reference it with what he typically does every Mon-Wed morning (Directs only get announced on these days!), we can start to narrow it down. Nintendo typically waits for a game to be released before promoting a new one, so Splatoon here, SPLATOON IS THE KEY. Once that launches, the future is considerably more bare, which means they have to show me more games I won't buy to keep the hype going so I can argue with people on social media over how many beeg numbers my plastic box of choice shifted.

Fire Emblem is also rumored to be getting a title soon here...Cross that with Mario Rabbids needing a DLC trailer, the obvious announcement Sora was a fakeout and Sakurai's new channel is the new home of Smash Directs and the Gex revival, and we got ourselves a done deal. Direct will air exactly on September 31st, click this link to be notified when it goes live!
Throwback to when we didn’t get a direct in the first weeks of September last year, and everyone swore the month was dead, until they randomly dropped it in the last week.

That was a big one, too. With Kirby and N64 Online and the Mario cast.

Nintendo does what they want. And while they do have general patterns, they don’t have to adhere to them. There’s probably a lot of funny marketing stuff going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

The sooner people realize this the better :drsad:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

THAT'S A PATTERN

Just you wait till Sakurai starts uploading videos from the back rooms, launching a Sakurai is missing ARG.

All leading to the announcement that Sakurais next game is Mario Is Missing 2.

MooMew64

Throwback to when we didn’t get a direct in the first weeks of September last year, and everyone swore the month was dead, until they randomly dropped it in the last week.

That was a big one, too. With Kirby and N64 Online and the Mario cast.

Nintendo does what they want. And while they do have general patterns, they don’t have to adhere to them. There’s probably a lot of funny marketing stuff going on behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

The sooner people realize this the better :drsad:
NO NOI IT'S ALL CONNECTED STOP IT IT'S CONNECTED YOU'RE JUST NOT SEEING THE VISION

IT'S GONNA HAVE EVERY GAME I EVER WANTED AND won't buy AND BE AWESOME AND COOL AND GREAT I will complain about Japanese games from the Japanese company, especially if they are RPGs

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just you wait till Sakurai starts uploading videos from the back rooms, launching a Sakurai is missing ARG.

All leading to the announcement that Sakurais next game is Mario Is Missing 2.
Every video of his has a secret letter that's slightly misaligned. Line them all up, and it'll reveal the first character for Smash Ultimate DX+.

Don't worry, I'll have a video on it soon. There will be red circles and arrows.

MooMew64

Every video of his has a secret letter that's slightly misaligned. Line them all up, and it'll reveal the first character for Smash Ultimate DX+.

Don't worry, I'll have a video on it soon. There will be red circles and arrows.
Please be sure to source NateTheHate as one of your contacts, I cannot think of an individual I would trust more and consider as valuable a source of information.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy 's AMA is now up!

If you'd like to be added to the list of future AMA subjects, lemme know via reply or PM

REMINDER IF YOU'VE GONE 3 TIMES BEFORE MAXIMUM, YOU ARE CURRENTLY ELIGIBLE FOR ANOTHER!

MooMew64

Mania was a disaster in the lomg run
The consequences of Mania, the movie redesign, and some fangame devs developing egos the size of the moon from the unhealthy fandom worship.

Just waiting for "Sonic Boom wasn't that bad"
The 3DS games already have apologists, only a matter of time.

Top Bottom