• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, I just don't think Ace Attorney has that kind of clout to make people go "Oh that's so cool" cause then Pokemon's target demograph might end up asking their parents for a game with murder, drug smuggling, murder, political conspiracy, murder, driving people to suicide, murder, a child mutilating a corpse and of course, murder. Not sure they want the association tbh
Detective Pikachu already has a few of these in its game lol.

Also if we get a crossover, the pokemon probably won’t be killing people, which is fine. It still would be fun. Also tbf we had Pokémon killing people in legends and scarlet/violet.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why is everyone doomposting about Xbox exactly? Are numbers that down?
I'm pretty sure it's because that there are rumours that Microsoft is stepping away from the console business and going third party, with some of their big releases supposedly being released on PS5. Not sure how well-founded the rumours are, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Massive layoffs and murmurs about going third party going around
I'm pretty sure it's because that there are rumours that Microsoft is stepping away from the console business and going third party, with some of their big releases supposedly being released on PS5. Not sure how well-founded the rumours are, though.
I see. But how would that affect users currently on an X or S system? Would those suddenly become very, very expensive paperweights? :confused: I hope that isn’t the case solely for the ones who invested in them (I almost went S instead of PS5 so I would’ve dodged a bullet if true)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t really keep up with this stuff, but why would Microsoft even want to go third party?

It’s not like they’ve been Dreamcast flopping recently.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The :ultsora: amiibo is this Friday and likely the patch update to make it work on Ultimate too.

Still banking on nothing coming from it besides that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see. But how would that affect users currently on an X or S system? Would those suddenly become very, very expensive paperweights? :confused: I hope that isn’t the case solely for the ones who invested in them (I almost went S instead of PS5 so I would’ve dodged a bullet if true)
I assume it would be like the Dreamcast when Sega went third party - the games would still exist; it's just that Microsoft wouldn't be making any newer systems. (if that's even what happens; for all I know, they're just describing/announcing/having interviews for upcoming games in this podcast)

I don’t really keep up with this stuff, but why would Microsoft even want to go third party?

I'm guessing it's a combination of the rising cost of game/system development (as of late 2022, Phil Spencer claimed that Microsoft still loses $100 to $200 on every Xbox Series X or S sold) and Xbox systems not selling especially well, though I don't know how much of those claims were smoke and mirrors to convince the global decision makers to allow Microsoft to buy Activision. (given the timing, I feel like Microsoft was exaggerating a lot of these to make it seem like they desperately needed to buy Activision, given that at the same time, Sony was exaggerating how well Xbox was doing in order to prevent the buyout from happening)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Technically they kinda are in a way, almost every X-Box exclusive is on PC as well.

But to answer your question, money. Microsoft strategy has changed, now they don't want to sell you X-Boxes, they want to sell you the real money maker: Game Pass. On PC, on X-Box, and rumored to come on other consoles, it sells like hot cakes and the model is a wet dream for all entertainment corps; a subscription service. Now imagine selling that and you cut out the middle man, aka an X-Box. Well... you don't gotta pay production costs anymore, now you can focus on selling Game Pass to everyone on every device. Maybe mobile as well when the gap between that and low-high end PCs closes.

Cash money.

However, I doubt they will entirely cease X-Box production, it has a niche as a cheaper alternative for the powerhouse Playstation. BUT... I think they'll cease production in other countries where it sells poorly (like all of Asia).

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
A lot of the rumors that Xbox would going fully third party have been overblown. Going by the rumors and the FTC documents though, at its most extreme it looks like The Xbox will essentially turn into a Game pass box

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A lot of the rumors that Xbox would going fully third party have been overblown. Going by the rumors and the FTC documents though, at its most extreme it looks like The Xbox will essentially turn into a Game pass box
One can argue it already is one, all the XBox exclusives are on the Microsoft Store on PC.

Really, XBox is just there for those who can't afford a high end PC but want high end gaming.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Say whatever you want about their movies, but you got to give huge respect to Illumination.

They ** on NFT, ** on AI art, and against AI taking people's jobs. It's run by very good people.
Honestly originally i and many others hated them a lot and granted their seuss adapations are awful! But their entire rest of their catalouge might be dumb but that doesnt mean its bad its basically spongebob level of dumb but fun!

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I've discovered the best rabbit hole ever: lots of people have taken video game soundfonts like Mario 64 and Spyro the Dragon to make covers of classic albums.

Nirvana's Nevermind? Rush's Moving Pictures? System of a Down's Toxicity? Death's The Sound of Perseverance? Heck, even Metallica's St Anger? All examples of albums I've seen with video game soundfont covers.

Even my favorite ever album, The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails, has a Mario 64 Soundfont cover.

I want a This Is...Icona Pop cover next.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've discovered the best rabbit hole ever: lots of people have taken video game soundfonts like Mario 64 and Spyro the Dragon to make covers of classic albums.

Nirvana's Nevermind? Rush's Moving Pictures? System of a Down's Toxicity? Death's The Sound of Perseverance? Heck, even Metallica's St Anger? All examples of albums I've seen with video game soundfont covers.

Even my favorite ever album, The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails, has a Mario 64 Soundfont cover.

I want a This Is...Icona Pop cover next.
Megalomania walked so whatever this genre is could run

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
So for every other region, when adding it's Pokemon to the national dex, they just took the returning ones out of the list and plopped them in on the end, at least if my understanding is correct. I say every other region because the Galar dex lists it's new Pokemon in a completely different order from the order they show up in the nat dex.

Am I the only one who this bugs?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if only there was an extra Smash patch that threw in a ***** load of Persona songs to fight to

…oh well…next game

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Don't think it needs a patch? P.sure all the Amiibo data's been in the games for years now.
Sora’s data is not in the game yet.

Everyone else’s data was added in 2021
"Added support for the Min Min, Steve, Alex, Sephiroth, Pyra, Mythra, and Kazuya amiibo"
No Sora

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It would be neat if they used the Shredder’s Revenge engine to remake the other beat em ups in the series.

But equally as good would be sequels and spinoffs. I can’t decide which I want more.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Okay so hear me out.

What if someone counted every single coin (but only those available by non-powerup means) that has ever been collectible in the mainline Mario platformers, and tallied them all together to make the final amount of coins Mario has picked up in his adventures?

How rich is this man?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Okay so hear me out.

What if someone counted every single coin (but only those available by non-powerup means) that has ever been collectible in the mainline Mario platformers, and tallied them all together to make the final amount of coins Mario has picked up in his adventures?

How rich is this man?
On top of that, he's literally dating royalty.

Obviously they want to keep the status quo in such a long running series so this wouldn't ever happen, but if he ever married Peach, he'd technically be King.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hulk is gonna be in Captain America: Brand New World (wish it was still New World Order…and that they kept Seth Rollins in the movie)

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It's official been TEN YEARS since Tropical Freeze

View attachment 384653

He's the leader of the bunch, you know him well!
His platformer franchise is dead as Hell!
Why do you say stuff like this when you know it's not true? You listen to the Kongversation. You know what happened with Freedom and you know the inherent lack of logic in building a theme park about a dead franchise. I see no productivity in this self-flagellation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Why do you say stuff like this when you know it's not true? You listen to the Kongversation. You know what happened with Freedom and you know the inherent lack of logic in building a theme park about a dead franchise. I see no productivity in this self-flagellation.
monkey sigh.gif

Snake it's a ****ing meme JUST LET ME MEME

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do I even want to ask what this "recent situation" is about:?
Vtuber was fired under short notice after she had tried to off herself and was in the hospital from internal bullying from within the company while niji did nothing to help her. Said company is dragging her name through the mud, making themselve look worse and worse, draggi g other vtubers into it and there is a lawsuit going on rn apparenly

Last edited:
Top Bottom