• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You know. Now that we’re getting new stuff in the 87 tmnt continuity again thanks to the IDW series, it would be neat to see some characters who are considered franchise mainstays now but never made it into that show, or were created after that show, be adapted into that continuity. Characters like Fugitoid, Renet, Savanti Romero, Karai, Hun & the Purple Dragons, Bishop, the Utroms, etc.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
there’s also the mother Casey/Cassandra Jones
1707804203729.png

at this rate, Casey is gonna be every single type of human in history
I mean… they both look like they would have just been name drops to make fans brains go brrr considering how little those designs invoke their characters. Kind of glad they got scrapped so they can do something that’s more like the actual characters in the future.

And like… I’m speaking as a plus sized girl, but I don’t get why they made April, and almost made Casey, so… stocky… like I kept wanting to just take her model and stretch it’s y-axis cause she looked so.. distorted. Like were they trying to make her plus sized? Was she just wearing a lot of lairs? Is this just another instance of them using weird/distorted shapes to put the characters together (like they did with Splinter, Rocksteady, Wingnut, Genghis Frog, and Ray Fillet)? What’s going on? Who is their character designer. People complained about Rise having bad/ugly character designs and I disagreed. I actually had no idea what they were talking about there. But here… everything just looks so poorly designed.
I assume the designs are to make each main character as unique to one another as possible

StormC

Smash Hero
Decided to play that Inspector Gadget game that came out last year.

It was too short and the main gameplay was basically a rip off of Mario Party, to the point where I recognized basically all the minigames.

A shame, since the open world aspect was pretty neat but super under utilized.
This is how I learned an Inspector Gadget game came out

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally finished reading my first Doujinshi manga. 37 pages and a whole bunch of N1 & N2 Kanji that were well beyond my skill level. Even though it was work, it was surprisingly relaxing, so I hope I can make a habit of it and using my Japanese skills more often. Now time to typeset and localize the dialogue as best I can.

It's only Tuesday now but I really can't wait for this week to be done already. Aside from Direct rumors, I have 2 Pokemon Art Commissions scheduled for completion this week, the Auction House Mandarake is set to reveal all of the Anime/Tokusatsu Merchandise that they will have up for sale at the end of the month, the Sora Amiibo comes out on Friday, and thanks to President's Day, I have a 3-Day Weekend.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Madame Web reviews are low as expected…but everyone is also thirsty for Sydney Sweeney as expected so I guess it all balances out

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Black History FACT:

Did you know Knuckles was supposed to have a Jamacian accent? In pre-Adventure material, Knuckles spoke with a Jamacian accent
20240213_090918.jpg

20240213_090443.jpg

Instead he was voiced by a white dude. Robbed.

But that's not all, Knuckles has a lot of insiration from Black Culture, and that's beyind the raps. There's his obvious dreadlocks, his shoes are based on the Rastafarian flag.
20240213_090549.jpg

Adventure 1, he was more on the indigenous side, with his roots being based on the old indigenous tribes of the Americas... but that game also introduced his iconic raps, a common staple for modern black culture. Adventure 2 just went full trottle with his raps.

And then the later games just forgot all that so thanks SEGA.

And that's a FACT. A Black History FACT.

Don't let dumbasses on Twitter tell you otherwise, Knuckles is a (censored 5 letter word on Smashboards).

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Black History FACT:

Did you know Knuckles was supposed to have a Jamacian accent? In pre-Adventure material, Knuckles spoke with a Jamacian accent
View attachment 384738
View attachment 384736
Instead he was voiced by a white dude. Robbed.

But that's not all, Knuckles has a lot of insiration from Black Culture, and that's beyind the raps. There's his obvious dreadlocks, his shoes are based on the Rastafarian flag.
View attachment 384737

Adventure 1, he was more on the indigenous side, with his roots being based on the old indigenous tribes of the Americas... but that game also introduced his iconic raps, a common staple for modern black culture. Adventure 2 just went full trottle with his raps.

And then the later games just forgot all that so thanks SEGA.

And that's a FACT. A Black History FACT.

Don't let dumbasses on Twitter tell you otherwise, Knuckles is a (censored 5 letter word on Smashboards).
That's funny, I was just listening to the Sonic Adventure 2 version of Unknown from ME, that **** is fire.

Also Sonic is Jewish

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hold up let me cook.

BLACK HISTORY FACT PART 2:
Sonic has a bunch of ties to Black culture, and I mean a lot.

Let's start off his his iconic red Shoes. They were based off these shoes
Bad-Tour-Dirty-Diana-Buckle-Boots-600x766.jpg

Which were worn by this guy in this song
Michael_Jackson_-_Bad.png

Micheal Jackson, who was a fan of Sonic, came back to work on the Sonic 3 soundtrack, which is a big part why it's in legal hell.

Sonic's first ever Voice Actor was Jaleel White, a black man, famous for playing Steve Urkel in Family Matters. His siblings in Underground was voiced by the same guy.

Sonic's biggest musical motif is rock. Rock's origins can be traced back as an offshot of Blues and R&B, staples of Black Culture in the early 1900s. Of course there's also Knuckles's raps, which is more obvious in terms of origins, and Rouge's jazz also has roots in black culture.

And speaking of music, one iconic song of Sonic is Wrapped in Black
The vocals in this song is samples from Malcom X
(Sample is at 2:08)

Of course there's other, more obvious things too, Sonic and friends being being "freedom fighters" fighting against injustice and oppression, Adventure 2's very anti military and anti-police tone (which sadly didn't last past that game). Sonic loves breakdancing, bringing it back to the Hip Hop trend the series has, a good chunk of Sonic CDs Japanese soundtrack is inspired by R&B and Hip Hop of the 90s (aka why it slaps hard), and there's Shadow.

Lastly, Knuckles is voiced by Idris Elba. How awesome is that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, have Directs been announced on Wednesdays? I ask because it does not look like one will be announced today.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I did not get an answer, so I hope it does not hurt to ask again; can Nintendo Directs be announced on Wednesdays?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah no wonder I couldn’t appreciate kino like this behind my DS speakers compressing the sound and being overridden by every time Sonic makes his loud ass WOOOOMP jump.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is crazy:
Although this is said to be MCU, if I recall correctly, this has been better than any other MCU related in recent years given the views that has.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hold up let me cook.

BLACK HISTORY FACT PART 2:
Sonic has a bunch of ties to Black culture, and I mean a lot.

Let's start off his his iconic red Shoes. They were based off these shoes
View attachment 384746
Which were worn by this guy in this song
View attachment 384747

Micheal Jackson, who was a fan of Sonic, came back to work on the Sonic 3 soundtrack, which is a big part why it's in legal hell.

Sonic's first ever Voice Actor was Jaleel White, a black man, famous for playing Steve Urkel in Family Matters. His siblings in Underground was voiced by the same guy.

Sonic's biggest musical motif is rock. Rock's origins can be traced back as an offshot of Blues and R&B, staples of Black Culture in the early 1900s. Of course there's also Knuckles's raps, which is more obvious in terms of origins, and Rouge's jazz also has roots in black culture.

Of course there's other, more obvious things too, Sonic and friends being being "freedom fighters" fighting against injustice and oppression, Adventure 2's very anti military and anti-police tone (which sadly didn't last past that game). Sonic loves breakdancing, bringing it back to the Hip Hop trend the series has, a good chunk of Sonic CDs Japanese soundtrack is inspired by R&B and Hip Hop of the 90s (aka why it slaps hard), and there's Shadow.

Lastly, Knuckles is voiced by Idris Elba. How awesome is that.
You forgot the part where a white woman (Amy) keeps mixing up Sonic with other hedgehogs. She's gotten better but still, hiw embarassing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You forgot the part where a white woman (Amy) keeps mixing up Sonic with other hedgehogs. She's gotten better but still, hiw embarassing
She's mixed, she's just colorblind. Forgive her.

Also yeah, enjoy those Sonic facts. Truth is I didn't have a fact prepped for this week until I saw a Twitter Post saying that nobody said Sonic characters (and TMNT) were "black coded" until Twitter... and that just didn't sit right with me. Oh yeah, and they got iver 10k likes and people were gerting racist, and that REALLY didn't sit right with me.

So yeah, a double BHM post. You're welcome.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Although this is said to be MCU, if I recall correctly, this has been better than any other MCU related in recent years given the views that has.
Marvel is still had some good ones, from Spiderman, Shang chi, black panther 2, multiverse of madness, and even the marvels was solid, it just was a little short of perfect because they fumbled a few arcs. But this movie definitely seems like it could be up there with the greats.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Marvel is still had some good ones, from Spiderman, Shang chi, black panther 2, multiverse of madness, and even the marvels was solid, it just was a little short of perfect because they fumbled a few arcs. But this movie definitely seems like it could be up there with the greats.
I know, I was not talking about most of those, to be fair. I meant some of the less impressive ones.

Top Bottom