• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I haven't been following the MCU in a long time and I haven't been invested enough to watch most of the films in the continuity.

The only MCU movies I've regularly tuned in to watch are the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
She's mixed, she's just colorblind. Forgive her.

Also yeah, enjoy those Sonic facts. Truth is I didn't have a fact prepped for this week until I saw a Twitter Post saying that nobody said Sonic characters (and TMNT) were "black coded" until Twitter... and that just didn't sit right with me. Oh yeah, and they got iver 10k likes and people were gerting racist, and that REALLY didn't sit right with me.

So yeah, a double BHM post. You're welcome.
Fair but I took Shadow as mixed cause of his two dads' skin tones. Shadow's mixed and Sonic's a lightskin, that's what black Sonic fans have taught me years ago

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fair but I took Shadow as mixed cause of his two dads' skin tones. Shadow's mixed and Sonic's a lightskin, that's what black Sonic fans have taught me years ago
They taught you well then.

Yeah idk why blacks nerds do things like assign race to fictional characters but that's what we do and nothing can stop us from that.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Yeah idk why blacks nerds do things like assign race to fictional characters but that's what we do and nothing can stop us from that.
Some of it is wanting representation, subconscious or otherwise.

And some of it is just getting a vibe. I dunno man Piccolo just feels black.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Bruh you guys couldn't even get a Disney princess without her being turned into a marketable animal, white morons just need to shut the **** up cause nobody will bat an eye at anthros being white when turned human in anything

Dukefire

Smash Master
It looks like Nintendo is giving some of the good news away. Splatoon 3 side order is natural since it is a week away on Thursday.

I wonder what other content will be present instead? Time to start building a list.
Screenshot_20240213_101318_YouTube.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the splatoon overview dropping today, that backs up the partner showcase rumor. There would be no reason not to show that in a direct.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only possible first party stuff they could show now is more Peach Showtime (which could just get an overview trailer later) TTYD (which stills needs a release date but they could do that at anytime) and Dark Moon (who cares).

Yeah, this is just gonna be a Partner Showcase.

Because they're saving the REAL announcements for the Switch 2 reveal, baybee :101:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only possible first party stuff they could show now is more Peach Showtime (which could just get an overview trailer later) TTYD (which stills needs a release date but they could do that at anytime) and Dark Moon (who cares).

Yeah, this is just gonna be a Partner Showcase.

Because they're saving the REAL announcements for the Switch 2 reveal, baybee :101:
Paper Luigi: War in The Waffle Kingdom will release as a bonus mode for TYD remake players, playing on Switch 2 day one. All others must wait.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Madame Web reviews are low as expected…but everyone is also thirsty for Sydney Sweeney as expected so I guess it all balances out
1707862578623.png

I do find it rather baffling to how Sony Entertainment Pictures allowed Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless to even get them to write and pen the story for Madame Web looking at their track record.

Funnily enough, they were also involved with the writing for Lionsgate's 2017 Power Rangers film too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if Microsoft is going to push their Xbox games onto other consoles, I still think Rare Replay is very unlikely.

Its 9 Xbox 360 games run on emulation instead of native hardware unlike the other games in the collection. It will take extra work to deal with this.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Even if Microsoft is going to push their Xbox games onto other consoles, I still think Rare Replay is very unlikely.

Its 9 Xbox 360 games run on emulation instead of native hardware unlike the other games in the collection. It will take extra work to deal with this.
At the very least I can see the N64 games making their way to NSO.
We already have 2 of them on there (3 since Goldeneye has Rare Replay branding) so adding the other 5 should be easy.
Three of them (Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Conker) may need a +18 version of the N64 app though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of Sonic, it's a real shame they just stop using Blaze.

Like she is the most fun character to play as in every Sonic game she was playable in and they just... stopped using her.

They should remake Sonic Rush.
I assume they found it hard to work around the whole inter-dimensional shenanigans involved with her character.

Which is why we need a new game involving inter-dimensional shenanigans.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That reminds me, I do wonder if they plan on redubbing lines for Sonic X Shadow Generations since we had a few recastings/new voice directions since the original game

They always find a way for Silver to come back from the future though.
I’m guessing they find time travel more easy to work with, which…honestly it shouldn’t be.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean I guess everything is fine in Silver's future considering Solaris was destroyed thus all the events of his future didn't happen.

Or... actually would that even allow Silver to exist? Wouldn't that create a paradox in some way given that Silver's future was destroyed and he went back to fix it, therefore his future wasn't destroyed and...

Split Timeline theory I hate linear time travel

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 384801
I do find it rather baffling to how Sony Entertainment Pictures allowed Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless to even get them to write and pen the story for Madame Web looking at their track record.

Funnily enough, they were also involved with the writing for Lionsgate's 2017 Power Rangers film too.
they needed that rushed money that’ll go nowhere

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I hate that Star Trek: Discovery is still considered cannon (my parents are watching it now). Like… the Chris pine movies were always an alternate timeline, but Discovery is the only remnant of “Edgy Trek” that still matters.

Like yeah, that’s what the Star Trek timeline needed. An apocalypse! That way we can have all the cool dystopian proper nouns like “couriers” and “the burn”. Smh.

Top Bottom