• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
Vtuber was fired under short notice after she had tried to off herself and was in the hospital from internal bullying from within the company while niji did nothing to help her. Said company is dragging her name through the mud, making themselve look worse and worse, draggi g other vtubets into it and there is a lawsuit going on rn apparenly
On a brighter side tho, the gal who this started from took up her old position and exploded in popularity, breaking 500k subs in record time.

Good for her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
On a brighter side tho, the gal who this started from took up her old position and exploded in popularity, breaking 500k subs in record time.

Good for her.
Yeah but she was ALSO supposed to stream today

Nijisanji dropped that video in the tweet at the same time. Nijisanji en is activly ruining the poor girl and noooooowww they activly drug 3 other vtubers into this

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yooooo! A friend from a Marvel server gifted me Michelangelo in Fortnite so I don't have to spend as much money on the game while saving as much of It for other important stuff!
IMG_20240213_020528.jpg

Check out my progress on the Shredder pass as well, I almost completed It lol
Screenshot_2024-02-13-02-09-56-82_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Also, sorry for coming in during such a serious moment, praying on the downfall of that company and Nijisanji and also that the girl makes It out as well as possible. Nobody deserves to be treated that way at their job.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I just spent a ridiculous amount of time putting pictures of every Pokémon in folders by region on my computer so I could eventually draw them and I gotta say…

It’s interesting that Kitakami is considered its own region when it has so few unique native Pokemon, and most of them are legendary. I wonder if there’s more to it than we’ve seen in game, or if it’s typical for there to be these smaller areas without much in the way of unique Pokemon beyond what’s available elsewhere.

Shroob

Sup?
I just spent a ridiculous amount of time putting pictures of every Pokémon in folders by region on my computer so I could eventually draw them and I gotta say…

It’s interesting that Kitakami is considered its own region when it has so few unique native Pokemon, and most of them are legendary. I wonder if there’s more to it than we’ve seen in game, or if it’s typical for there to be these smaller areas without much in the way of unique Pokemon beyond what’s available elsewhere.
There's probably tons of smaller regions in the Pokemon world we don't know about.

Orre is one.... depending on if it is or isn't canon to the mainline series.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
There's probably tons of smaller regions in the Pokemon world we don't know about.

Orre is one.... depending on if it is or isn't canon to the mainline series.
I wonder what starters kids in those regions get? Do the Kitakami kids use imported starters from other regions or did we just not see their “starters” in the dlc? Does it vary from region to region? Are they stuck with Pikachu and Eevee?

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder what starters kids in those regions get? Do the Kitakami kids use imported starters from other regions or did we just not see their “starters” in the dlc? Does it vary from region to region? Are they stuck with Pikachu and Eevee?
Some regions may not have starters. Look at Kieran and Carmine. Their 'starters' are Poochyena and Applin.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not sure every region has state sanctioned starter pokemon handouts, probably just the big ones with funding and nationally renowned professors.

In smaller regions, maybe your parents give you a Pokemon when you’re young. Or you have to go out and catch your own.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m not sure every region has state sanctioned starter pokemon handouts, probably just the big ones with funding and nationally renowned professors.

In smaller regions, maybe your parents give you a Pokemon when you’re young. Or you have to go out and catch your own.
That's a neat way to look at it.

Kitakami's big and bio-diverse enough to have its own Dex, but it's not big enough to have an officially sanctioned research institution.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!

I love the way you wrote this because it reads half like you life in the world and half like you don’t.

You know that would be a cool “hard mode” in Pokemon. You don’t get given a starter you have to go out and catch your own.

Ngl sometimes I think about what my state would be like in Pokémon and what the starters and legendaries would be like…. Too bad Pennsylvania doesn’t have much in interesting wildlife. Though considering the like… 50 football teams this state has, it’s Pokémon world equivalent would probably have a strong unified competitive league. Even if pretty much our entire Dex is shared with Unova to the north.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1707793119910.png

1707793212077.png

Mutant Mayhem almost had Casey Jones and Rat King

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
View attachment 384694
View attachment 384695
Mutant Mayhem almost had Casey Jones and Rat King
I mean… they both look like they would have just been name drops to make fans brains go brrr considering how little those designs invoke their characters. Kind of glad they got scrapped so they can do something that’s more like the actual characters in the future.

And like… I’m speaking as a plus sized girl, but I don’t get why they made April, and almost made Casey, so… stocky… like I kept wanting to just take her model and stretch it’s y-axis cause she looked so.. distorted. Like were they trying to make her plus sized? Was she just wearing a lot of lairs? Is this just another instance of them using weird/distorted shapes to put the characters together (like they did with Splinter, Rocksteady, Wingnut, Genghis Frog, and Ray Fillet)? What’s going on? Who is their character designer. People complained about Rise having bad/ugly character designs and I disagreed. I actually had no idea what they were talking about there. But here… everything just looks so poorly designed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Main campaign of Starlink: Battle for Atlas finally beaten. Nice final battle.

Still not calling myself done with the game, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Decided to play that Inspector Gadget game that came out last year.

It was too short and the main gameplay was basically a rip off of Mario Party, to the point where I recognized basically all the minigames.

A shame, since the open world aspect was pretty neat but super under utilized.

Top Bottom