• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If this next Direct really is either a Partner Direct or a Mini then I’m fully convinced we’re getting a console announcement in March. No way all they have for the rest of the year is Peach, Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion. Only way I could see a dry year make sense is if it is the year of the Successor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If this next Direct really is either a Partner Direct or a Mini then I’m fully convinced we’re getting a console announcement in March. No way all they have for the rest of the year is Peach, Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion. Only way I could see a dry year make sense is if it is the year of the Successor.
That's the big rumour, maybe it'll be on the 7th anniversary outright to show off the fancy ps4 graphics the rumours said they'd have. Of course, I care more about the FE4 remake. Come on Nintendo, I played the original just last year and I'm yearning for that garbage

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah, as somone who did watch the Super Bowl, the amount of AI commercials was absurd.

There was the Minions one, and then there was 2 AI Jesus commercials (I'm dead serious), and them there was the Microsoft CoPilot commercial which was very ironic given that the premice was they "They said I was too old to xyz, they said I couldn't xyz, so I used AI to xyz). There was a Body Armor one which purposely used very bad AI to **** on bad quality and artificial energy drinks, idk if that was aired.

Oh and there was a Temu AD was so bad quality that you can say it was AI generated and that one aires multiple times.

Anyways, the worst one was probably the Jesus Foot Washing AI commercial, probably because of the backstory on who fund them and because of AI feet.

CoPilot was awful cause how ironic it was

Oh wait, there was a good one with Google Pixel, but that's because the commercial was showcasing their Camera AI to detect objects and sound it out to the user.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Offtopic for a bit, I do wish this game would return as a good remastered version. Literally DnD in gaming format with silly antics and friends.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh yeah, as somone who did watch the Super Bowl, the amount of AI commercials was absurd.

There was the Minions one, and then there was 2 AI Jesus commercials (I'm dead serious), and them there was the Microsoft CoPilot commercial which was very ironic given that the premice was they "They said I was too old to xyz, they said I couldn't xyz, so I used AI to xyz). There was a Body Armor one which purposely used very bad AI to **** on bad quality and artificial energy drinks, idk if that was aired.

Oh and there was a Temu AD was so bad quality that you can say it was AI generated and that one aires multiple times.

Anyways, the worst one was probably the Jesus Foot Washing AI commercial, probably because of the backstory on who fund them and because of AI feet.

CoPilot was awful cause how ironic it was

Oh wait, there was a good one with Google Pixel, but that's because the commercial was showcasing their Camera AI to detect objects and sound it out to the user.
Tbf, the minions one was taking the piss out of AI. Pretty sure the CEO hates the **** out of AI

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh no direct announced, but I suppose if it’s a partners showcase they might just drop it randomly. Or it gets announced tomorrow, because i can’t see Thursday happening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Huh no direct announced, but I suppose if it’s a partners showcase they might just drop it randomly. Or it gets announced tomorrow, because i can’t see Thursday happening.
Usually they announce **** on tuesdays for the very next day, refresh my memory here but is there a reason thursday's out of the question for you?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Usually they announce **** on tuesdays for the very next day, refresh my memory here but is there a reason thursday's out of the question for you?
It’s just been very rare for us to get presentations then the past few years iirc. A lot of the time it’s a Tuesday or Wednesday. Not impossible but I would say the other two are likelier.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It’s just been very rare for us to get presentations then the past few years iirc. A lot of the time it’s a Tuesday or Wednesday. Not impossible but I would say the other two are likelier.
The last Direct was on a Thursday.

Reactions: Z25

Dukefire

Smash Master
Wait until Tuesday or Wednesday. Announcement of when the Direct is going live is a day before. Nintendo has been usually following that schedule release.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The last Direct was on a Thursday.
Huh I could have sworn that was Wednesday.
Wasn’t it rumored for the 15th?
I think that was speculation on leaker/everyone’s opinion. With the leakers only knowing for sure it’s this week. The 14th was also big for speculation because Nintendo has done directs then as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s day 3 of the Pokémon rumors. Now this one is definitely not as likely as some of the others I’ve posted or seen, but I need it to be real lol
IMG_9733.jpeg

New mystery dungeon and an ace attorney game would be hype. A platformer game doesn’t sound that realistic though but I’d be intrigued to see how it works.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here’s day 3 of the Pokémon rumors. Now this one is definitely not as likely as some of the others I’ve posted or seen, but I need it to be real lol
View attachment 384638
New mystery dungeon and an ace attorney game would be hype. A platformer game doesn’t sound that realistic though but I’d be intrigued to see how it works.
Realistically we're getting like, gacha gane updates and TCG stuff instead of this massively over the top wishlist **** lmaooooo. I ****in wish Ace Attorney had the kind of clout needed for this, goddamn

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
View attachment 384638
Chatot taking the place of Polly but instead of "Remember DL-6" it just shouts slurs because its trainer taught it to use them with Chatter

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 384638
Anytime anything puts in a specific name of a game it’s hard for me to believe especially one that’s called, uh… Destruction Dynasty…

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Realistically we're getting like, gacha gane updates and TCG stuff instead of this massively over the top wishlist **** lmaooooo. I ****in wish Ace Attorney had the kind of clout needed for this, goddamn
Tbf the produces of AA did say they want to crossover with detective Pikachu and think it be a perfect fit.

So I wouldn’t rule it out, but Gamefreak just doesn’t really do crossover games in general unfortunately.
Anytime anything puts in a specific name of a game it’s hard for me to believe especially one that’s called, uh… Destruction Dynasty…
I actually could see that name, but it flows oddly.

Dynasty of Destruction would actually make more sense. Like what if the plot had the UBS, Ruined Treassures, and Paradox forms as antagonists. Massive threats to the stability of the world working together. Hence a dynasty of destruction. The later games dropped titles based on teams and went for concepts, so I could kinda see that title working.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tbf the produces of AA did say they want to crossover with detective Pikachu and think it be a perfect fit.

So I wouldn’t rule it out, but Gamefreak just doesn’t really do crossover games in general unfortunately.
Eh, I just don't think Ace Attorney has that kind of clout to make people go "Oh that's so cool" cause then Pokemon's target demograph might end up asking their parents for a game with murder, drug smuggling, murder, political conspiracy, murder, driving people to suicide, murder, a child mutilating a corpse and of course, murder. Not sure they want the association tbh

D

Deleted member

Eh, I just don't think Ace Attorney has that kind of clout to make people go "Oh that's so cool" cause then Pokemon's target demograph might end up asking their parents for a game with murder, drug smuggling, murder, political conspiracy, murder, driving people to suicide, murder, a child mutilating a corpse and of course, murder. Not sure they want the association tbh
Not to mention that Ace Attorney (at least according to Capcom apparently) isn't popular in Europe at all, with the recent releases not even getting spanish/italian translations or even physical releases at all.

Although tbf, Pokémon already did a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition and Tekken of all things, so maybe the idea isn't as farfetched as we may think.

Then again, that was on the NDS and Wii U era, The Pokémon Company has kinda changed ever since.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not to mention that Ace Attorney (at least according to Capcom apparently) isn't popular in Europe at all, with the recent releases not even getting spanish/italian translations or even physical releases at all.

Although tbf, Pokémon already did a crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition and Tekken of all things, so maybe the idea isn't as farfetched as we may think.

Then again, that was on the NDS and Wii U era, The Pokémon Company has kinda changed ever since.
I mean, while the lack of Spanish and Italian translations is a shame and absolutely worth criticizing, they did make new French and German translations for the 3ds games which were download only English games for Europe last I checked

D

Deleted member

I mean, while the lack of Spanish and Italian translations is a shame and absolutely worth criticizing, they did make new French and German translations for the 3ds games which were download only English games for Europe last I checked
Yeah, that is true. They did make new french and german translations which is also neat and cool.

Idk, big corpos are weird AF with their choices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, that is true. They did make new french and german translations which is also neat and cool.

Idk, big corpos are weird AF with their choices.
Ace Attorney is sadly pretty niche all things considered which is a detriment as they really need to retire Nick from the protagonist role but they won't out of fear of alienating whatever fans are actually willing to buy sequels

D

Deleted member

Ace Attorney is sadly pretty niche all things considered which is a detriment as they really need to retire Nick from the protagonist role but they won't out of fear of alienating whatever fans are actually willing to buy sequels
Not sure if I have anything else to add, but yeah, you are basically right.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I used to like watching the Super Bowl but lost interest in it a few years ago.

The entirety of Super Bowl LIII, including both the Football match itself and the half-time show, were all extremely disappointing. Haven't been invested enough to watch the competition for more than a few minutes at most since.

Top Bottom