• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
There is literally already EA content in Fortnite

I think simpsons is a matter of when rather than if.
But Electronic Arts still makes billions with Tapped Out!, even when city building games for smartphones are on decline.

I think EA will never do another console game for Los Sinso because of this. Sorry for repeating this but, aren't they the mascots of 20th Century Fox? They weren't on that card game that features other FOX adult animated shows.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New ad from Gamestop

That says Microsoft Game Pass.

**** may be going down and it can arguably be blamed on 2 things

If it's really implying that Game Pass is getting a remaning, maybe Game Pass is going multiplatform.

The Nintendo employee that's a regular customer at my job did say that a store event is coming this weekend (I can't remember if he said if it was GameStop or Best Buy) but he said he doesn't know what it's about. So maybe it's that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. if I play Black 1 should I play White 2? Or should I play Black 2 if I play Black 1? Like does the appropriate color follow up canonically or is is an opposites thing?

Noipoi

Howdy!
OK. if I play Black 1 should I play White 2? Or should I play Black 2 if I play Black 1? Like does the appropriate color follow up canonically or is is an opposites thing?
Black 2 is a direct follow-up to Black, White 2 is a direct follow-up to White. It's straightforward.

Noipoi

Howdy!

OK. I'll play OrAs

But what is the Battle Frontier and why are you guys so sure I won't like it?
Nat that you wouldn't like it, just that if you don't even know what it is it's exclusion probably won't matter to you.

The Battle Frontier was a post-game area featured in a handful of Pokemon games, with several facilities with their own unique rules for different battles. A lot of people liked it in Emerald and were mad that it was removed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Side note. I've seen a lot of people who've been hoping they do Black and White 3 instead of remakes. I disagree. I want them to do Grey 1 and Grey 2. They still get to sell two games but we also finally get our definitive third version.

This strategy won't be transferable to the inevitable remakes of Gen 6, 7, 8, and 9. But it would be nice to get it this one time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love how when you’re passionately expressing positive opinions about a piece of entertainment media nobody questions why you’re so invested, but the second you start passionately criticizing it you have to justify why it matters because “it’s just a video game, it doesn’t matter”. Like, how is that fair? Negative emotions and opinions are fine and valid things to have and deserve to be expressed, even if it’s about a game where SpongeBob beats up Garfield.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love how when you’re passionately expressing positive opinions about a piece of entertainment media nobody questions why you’re so invested, but the second you start passionately criticizing it you have to justify why it matters because “it’s just a video game, it doesn’t matter”. Like, how is that fair? Negative emotions and opinions are fine and valid things to have and deserve to be expressed, even if it’s about a game where SpongeBob beats up Garfield.
Maybe, but there’s a line between “I don’t like this, here’s why” and “THIS ****ING PIECE OF **** GAME RUINED MY LIFE AAAAAAAA” that shouldn’t be crossed.

Once any piece of media, especially media aimed at kids if you’re an adult, starts getting to you this bad it’s time to take a step back from the computer and go outside or something.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
All I will say today is that cartoonish platformers where the main protagonist is a human or a human-like being, are practically an endangered species of it's own.
They are very uncommon and so few of them that You can name ten with all your fingers.
And no, Mario doesn't count because he's too famous.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Option 1) It’s more promo spirits for stuff like Mario Wonder, Forgotten Land, or Engage
Option 2) It’s something special for Smash’s 25th anniversary
Option 3) It’s more random obscure Nintendo characters
Honestly, while I expect stuff like Kirby, Engage and Mario Wonder cause, yeah that's the most obvious choices since these Spirit Waves seem to be patching up the "These are Switch games that came out after the DLC ended"

I'd be lying if I said a special Spirit Wave of the Original 12 in the Smash 64 comic book style wouldn't be ****ing peak.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Option 1) It’s more promo spirits for stuff like Mario Wonder, Forgotten Land, or Engage
Option 2) It’s something special for Smash’s 25th anniversary
Option 3) It’s more random obscure Nintendo characters
Honestly, while I expect stuff like Kirby, Engage and Mario Wonder cause, yeah that's the most obvious choices since these Spirit Waves seem to be patching up the "These are Switch games that came out after the DLC ended"

I'd be lying if I said a special Spirit Wave of the Original 12 in the Smash 64 comic book style wouldn't be ****ing peak.
And then because of that Third Party wave, everything is thrown off and we get a spirit event that is nothing but Fortnite Skins or something.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, but there’s a line between “I don’t like this, here’s why” and “THIS *ING PIECE OF * GAME RUINED MY LIFE AAAAAAAA” that shouldn’t be crossed.

Once any piece of media, especially media aimed at kids if you’re an adult, starts getting to you this bad it’s time to take a step back from the computer and go outside or something.
You're lying to yourself if you really think anything is actually aimed at kids when they aren't even gonna know half the characters in it. Kids aren't gonna be the ones playing in online tournaments. It's aimed at fans of these brands. Some of them are kids and some of them are adults who grew up with them. And it's foolish to use that to excuse away people's passion.

Like, I get it. Holding this much negativity inside me probably isn't healthy. But I can't just make up reasons to stop caring. Maybe that works for some people but not for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You're lying to yourself if you really think anything is actually aimed at kids when they aren't even gonna know half the characters in it. Kids aren't gonna be the ones playing in online tournaments. It's aimed at fans of these brands. Some of them are kids and some of them are adults who grew up with them. And it's foolish to use that to excuse away people's passion.

Like, I get it. Holding this much negativity inside me probably isn't healthy. But I can't just make up reasons to stop caring. Maybe that works for some people but not for me.
Nobody said stop caring. I said stop caring to the point of intense rage and hysterics.

Once something like that starts severely affecting your mood, it's time to realize that it really doesn't matter that much because it's just video games at the end of the day.

Shroob

Sup?
Nobody said stop caring. I said stop caring to the point of intense rage and hysterics.

Once something like that starts severely affecting your mood, it's time to realize that it really doesn't matter that much because it's just video games at the end of the day.
In the words of that one dude.

"Is-Is only gaem. Y u hafta be mad?"

Once you learn that it's not a big deal in the grand scope of things, it's a lot easier to just be happy in the things you enjoy.

No one's saying to go full on Rick Sanchez nihilist of "Nothing matters", but there has to be a moment where you take a step back and go "Whoa, I'm in way too deep."

Top Bottom