• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Exactly. It’s the same game with everything from the initial two release included and no version exclusive content because it’s the only version of itself. I’d happily wait till the third version came and only play that and skip this whole “two versions, two stories, two timelines, two overworld, trading bs”.
Fair enough. But you're just one you, versus the rest of the market who generally didn't go for Third Versions.

Tell me if that sounds profitable :4wario2:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I'm having so much fun with Persona 4 Golden I'm highkey tempted to drop $70 and buy Persona 3 Reload... I mean I could play it on Xbox Gamepass but I don't trust it long term

cashregister9

Smash Hero

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We’re talking about releasing a third game that’s almost identical to two almost identical games released a year earlier. Stay on topic.
Did I not mention earlier on that they should just be skipping the double releases and just making a single game? I know they won’t. But they should.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did I not mention earlier on that they should just be skipping the double releases and just making a single game? I know they won’t. But they should.
Yeah well now we’re stepping into coulda woulda shoulda territory, which is different than analyzing the factual history of the situation.

Thanks for the third Pokémon debate today, btw. You sure do bring it up a lot :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah well now we’re stepping into coulda woulda shoulda territory, which is different than analyzing the factual history of the situation.

Thanks for the third Pokémon debate today, btw. You sure do bring it up a lot :nifty:
Wait… I thought we were still on number two?

And anyway, like I said earlier, I like it in concept and there are a few games I have enjoyed playing but that sweet spot is so narrow because of the franchise’s history and its future direction.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I went to sleep, woke up and you guys are still going on with Pokemon?
Quick! There's still time for everyone to forget it was Mewtwo's Birthday today.

:150:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I beat Halo 2 with a friend. I enjoyed it. But so far Halo's storytelling is kind of weird. What's actually going on is great, but it's stilted and unexplained.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I beat Halo 2 with a friend. I enjoyed it. But so far Halo's storytelling is kind of weird. What's actually going on is great, but it's stilted and unexplained.
A lot of story details are left to the books or in game terminals. You should be able to get the gist of what's being presented in the games if you pay attention to the cutscenes and in game dialogue, though I can understand some of that is easy to miss. There are a handful of lines though that you just won't get unless you're familiar with details explored in the books. Halo 2 is also infamous for its cliffhanger, so you may also get more clarification playing 3 and even ODST.

I'm a mega Halo lore nerd so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A lot of story details are left to the books or in game terminals. You should be able to get the gist of what's being presented in the games if you pay attention to the cutscenes and in game dialogue, though I can understand some of that is easy to miss. There are a handful of lines though that you just won't get unless you're familiar with details explored in the books. Halo 2 is also infamous for its cliffhanger, so you may also get more clarification playing 3 and even ODST.

I'm a mega Halo lore nerd so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
What exactly is Gravemind?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We really need a TMNT reboot that's not birthed from the mind of Seth Rogaine.

I spelled his last name wrong on purpose to make a joke about men's hair lose product "Rogaine"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Hopefully this movie will explain why somehow the world's greatest minds (Especially ones in the military) couldn't even figure out these creature's weaknesses yet some random ass deaf girl by accident could ( You'd think given how hard these greatest minds would work endlessly they'd accidentally stumble upon it as the deaf girl did, isn't that how nuclear energy was discovered as I saw in Oppenheimer?). Lol. That's the one thing that still gets at me regarding the premise of this series.

But taking suspension of disbelief in mind, I like what I'm seeing here so far. The idea of hundreds of these things attacking a loud crowded place like New York is haunting and such an apocalyptic event to behold.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
FF7 Rebirth was one of mt most anticipated titles but now that AI voice samples have been found for the game while sounding awful enough to the point a rando from the street could do better, I'm cancelling my preorder, **** Square Enix
That ****ing sucks so much

cashregister9

Smash Hero
FF7 Rebirth was one of mt most anticipated titles but now that AI voice samples have been found for the game while sounding awful enough to the point a rando from the street could do better, I'm cancelling my preorder, **** Square Enix
It is so bad to the point where I wonder if it is AI or if it is just a normal ass placeholder text-to-speech program because I refuse to think anyone thought it sounded good.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Yeah I just saw that tweet

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Are we actually sure it's AI and not just some crappy placeholder they forgot to remove because just pointing at bad voice lines and calling it AI does more harm than good. Same thing happened to Prince of Persia.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Are we actually sure it's AI and not just some crappy placeholder they forgot to remove because just pointing at bad voice lines and calling it AI does more harm than good. Same thing happened to Prince of Persia.
That's a good point but I'm still canning the preorder and refuse to give em a single cent until proven otherwise, I managed to get a whole week off work just for the game too and it may have been for nothing which is annoying as hell.

In more positive news, Janet Hsu, beloved by all English Ace Attorney fans, uses they/them pronouns. Good for them, their work was integral to making the series as widely known for English speakers

Top Bottom