• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My casting choice for Amy would be Margot Robbie. She already plays Harley Quinn in the DCEU who is very cheery and fangirlish, I can see her doing Amy's voice very well like in the games.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't see a world where we get Rouge but no Amy.

Even if they give her role in Shadow's story to a human character, we're getting Amy.
See, I wish I could agree cause when she's written well Amy's great and I remember seeing fanart of a movie counterpart who actually gets along with the furry hating sister in law but I'm considering how big the cast is already getting, I feel Amy's on the chopping block as again, her narrative purpose can be given to one of the movie's characters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Next up for Pinball M: System Shock. Guide the Hacker through the Citadel Station to defeat SHODAN.

Comes out next week. Buying the table also grants a non M rated version for Pinball FX.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I am thinking Kristen Ritter will be a new human character. Mostly because don't think any of the Sonic characters had their casting leaked beforehand, and I don't think they will be going full SA2.
Like I will be shocked if Maria isn't off screened by "Unspecified tragic backstory disease"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am thinking Kristen Ritter will be a new human character. Mostly because don't think any of the Sonic characters had their casting leaked beforehand, and I don't think they will be going full SA2.
Like I will be shocked if Maria isn't off screened by "Unspecified tragic backstory disease"
Nah, they can’t do that. The whole reason Shadow is so angry at humanity is because he watched the girl he loved like a sister take a bullet through her head. It’s too integral to his backstory.

Now whether or not they actually show her dying or if they cutaway right before, that remains to be seen.

But they better show it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Scarlett Johansson would be my nominated choice for Rouge.
Now whether or not they actually show her dying or if they cutaway right before, that remains to be seen.
Given the intended target audience, don't bet on them showing it. It'll probably be Shadow seeing it happen off-screen.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's kinda impressive how much of an impression Takaya makes in Reload compared to the original.

They didn't even change anything about him, he only needed a couple of scenes where he's more than a roadblock for the party.
pretty much what they did with Akechi in Royal to make him a great character

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Nah, they can’t do that. The whole reason Shadow is so angry at humanity is because he watched the girl he loved like a sister take a bullet through her head. It’s too integral to his backstory.

But they better show it
I do agree but also we are talking about a mainstream Hollywood movie and sometimes suits don't care about accuracy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw seeing as she's relevant to the conversation I wanna say I do not like Rouge, I just spent the past 2 days A ranking all her missions in SA2 and jesus **** I HATE Mad Space. I HATE Route 280. She doesn't even have the cool hair from her concept art, trash character*

*She's cool in other things I'm just mad lmao

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Good month to be a Turtle-Mania fan in Spain:
-Mutant Mayhem is coming to Skyshowtime later this month
a69968a6c6a8593055d1b832a70938b2e57d175b92de9e828f311991cc92d033.jpg

-Shredder, Splinter and Kraang are getting added to Fortnite
GFuVQjAXIAAwQKi.jpg
fortnite-shredder-and-super-shredder-v0-rnlmk027y4hc1.jpg

tmnt-x-fortnite-shredder-and-back-blings-via-v0-5hrpq6eeu4hc1.jpg

-We finally got a trailer for the Paramount Plus/Skyshowtime show in the world of Mutant Mayhem
-And finally, speaking of Fortnite, they got one of the original creators to make one of the new in-game loading screens, and It goes hard:
GFvO52tXgAA-Onq.jpeg

Imo, the Heroes In A Half Shelf are having It great in Spain right now between all this new media and the successful sales of their merch and toys.

Edit: fixed the link for the trailer of the Skyshowtime show, got the wrong video.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn you odd message glitch

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Knuckles show looks pretty fun. I’ll definitely check it out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My prediction for Rouge is she is either in the knuckles shows and being hidden, or she is the post credit. My guess is investigating the agents working with the villain.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Speaking of SpongeBob, remember how they used to really hype up a new episode and call it a special? There’d be promos and even Happy Meal toys and you’d get all excited, and then it’d air it was just a normal ass episode.

I fell for it every time :217:
When I was a kid, I thought the "lost episode" about the flying sponge was really a lost episode.:upsidedown:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of SpongeBob, remember how they used to really hype up a new episode and call it a special? There’d be promos and even Happy Meal toys and you’d get all excited, and then it’d air it was just a normal ass episode.

I fell for it every time :217:
Even if it was a half hour special or the episode actually changed anything about the series going forward (which it rarely if ever did since it's more of a Slice of Life/episodic show compared to most of today's serialized animated TV shows), they still had this weird marketing strategy of calling the special a completely different title than what the episode was actually called.

The example I still remember best is "Have You Seen This Snail?" where the promos and the event surrounding it were constantly and only ever being hyped up with the title "Where's Gary?" instead.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently the knuckles show is getting a different spot at the superbowl.

Would not be surprised if this reveals Rouge and that’s why the trailer didn’t and dropped today.

Although they probably don’t want to compete with Deadpool 3 either.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fun Fact: In Jimmy Neutron, there is an episode where Jimmy and Skeet have an argument over how the register operates. Skeet says Jimmy must press the buttons on the register to calculate the total. Jimmy says that it doesn't matter since he can do the math if the purchase in his head. This has become an internet meme.

Anyways, Skeet is actually correct in this argument, Jimmy not using the register means the purchases won't be tracked by the system which is highly illegal given that it has to be when the resturaunt gets audited for tax purposes. In addition, this also doesn't produce a food ticket or a reciept for the employees and customers respectively, which means the food won't get made nor can customers proof of purchase. Jimmy would get fired if he were to do that irl.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Disney just announced Moana 2

This is apparently just the Disney+ Show they were making but they changed it to a movie.
This is quite a transition going from a Disney+ show to being a movie. I will be very honest, I think this could be a smart move, although I will have to wait and see how it will fare once Moana 2 releases in cinemas in November.

Also wasn't there a Disney+ series for Tiana in the works? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to follow Moana 2's footsteps and decided to release it in cinemas too.

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, I'd agree but Akechi in Royal's third semester is basically a new character lmao
Not like there was much to work with in the original version lol

Vanilla P5 Akechi was probably my least favorite Phantom Thief, Royal Akechi is top 3 easy

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
SneakyLink SneakyLink cashregister9 cashregister9 Noipoi Noipoi let's gooooo! My mother is helping me get enough v-bucks for April O'Neil and the Shredder pass tomorrow.

Basically I am using my own money for the Shredder Pass (8€) and my mother is gonna try to use her money to help me get April O'Neil.

Will get the Turtles and Splinter next week when I get the 604€ from the Education Ministerium.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Btw seeing as she's relevant to the conversation I wanna say I do not like Rouge, I just spent the past 2 days A ranking all her missions in SA2 and jesus **** I HATE Mad Space. I HATE Route 280. She doesn't even have the cool hair from her concept art, trash character*

*She's cool in other things I'm just mad lmao
Okay, but bat tiddies tho

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of Fortnite, one of the upcoming Power Rangers skins is apparently… Crimson Hawk? Who is Crimson Hawk in terms of Power Rangers?

Also I’ve been trying to find out which character I want to main (yes I know having a main in which everyone plays the same is odd). I was thinking this character below would be my main. Thoughts? And before anyone asks, yes I do have this character.

IMG_7225.jpeg

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Speaking of Fortnite, one of the upcoming Power Rangers skins is apparently… Crimson Hawk? Who is Crimson Hawk in terms of Power Rangers?
That is Ryu Street Fighter.

The only source is an Instagram post by an (apparently) known liar. Unfortuantely

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Rumors are going around that the Nintendo Direct is coming next week and will actually be a Partner Showcase.

Woo boy
Sounds very scary. I do hope it is no Partners Showcase, though it makes sense given the lack of first party stuff for the Switch lately.

Top Bottom