• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Do we know if GameStop is still doing that Xbox demo event this weekend?

You know, the one that GameStop deleted news of it quickly and it mentioned "Microsoft Game Pass"?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It would be very funny if Nintendo straight up has no more Switch 1 games. And they are banking reaaally hard on whatever The Switch 2 has and maybe possibly pokemon

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I will now spend a considerable amount of time scanning for you in the background of each episode
I remember part of Virginia Street near El Dorado and that pawn shop was closed off and I assumed it was for like a local film or something. It turns out it's that very shot you see in the trailer. They weren't filming at the time though, so sorry to disappoint you :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well thanks for the heads up guys, I will now bury my expectations for the direct along with my hope for Donkey Kong on the Switch.

I'm sure the Switch 2 reveal will be rad, I was just really holding out for DK. And now I gotta wait till March for something from Nintendo.

Hope Pokemon Day is good :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Well thanks for the heads up guys, I will now bury my expectations for the direct along with my hope for Donkey Kong on the Switch.

I'm sure the Switch 2 reveal will be rad, I was just really holding out for DK. And now I gotta wait till March for something from Nintendo.

Forget Donkey Kong on the Switch.

Donkey Kong on the PS5 is the real deal 🗣
Screenshot_2024-02-08-23-06-21-94_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

He has no life
But he is hoping
For the D.K. DONKEY KONG
Game, he's coping.

DK

DONKEY KONG

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm keeping my Switch 2 expectations higher than my Switch 1 expectations when it comes to games this year.

There's a chance Switch 1 could really be low on ammo.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait...

Not too long ago, the insiders said there would be an Nintendo Direct on the 15th. Now they are saying there will be a Partner's showcase. Why are these insiders not being consistent here?
I think the idea is that they hear new information as their sources get more info. So at the time all they knew was that it was a direct, and now they’re hearing more things.

Or something like that I dunno :drshrug:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I think the idea is that they hear new information as their sources get more info. So at the time all they knew was that it was a direct, and now they’re hearing more things.

Or something like that I dunno :drshrug:
Yeah, I see, except on the hearing more things, while they could still be reliable, this is kind of conflicting.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While I would definitely prefer another standard Direct like we were all expecting, a Partner Showcase could still end up being pretty good. IIRC, the last one we had revealed Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection, NieR Automata, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Bomberman R2, and the Persona games coming to Switch, so I'd say there's potential for some really cool stuff.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The next partner direct probably has Hi-Fi Rush so it's automatically a 10/10 unless you have the worst taste known to mankind.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I mean we dunk on partner directs but that one partner direct with Pac-Man World and Klonoa was kinda legendary

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the MCU Fantastic Four director seemingly accidentally confirmed Pedro Pascal to be playing Reed Richards in the movie…and then had his IG account sniped

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been finally giving the Dimensional Shellshock dlc a chance for Shredder’s Revenge. So far this has meant playing the campaign with Usagi and Karai until I get them to level 10, like I did the base game characters. And yo, I did not expect Karai to play the way she does. Maybe it’s just cause I haven’t played Tournament Fighters yet, I know that’s where her physical design is primarily taken from, but it caught me off guard in the best way possible. She feels like a real powerhouse. She sucks in the air though. Or maybe I just think that because I already did Usagi’s playthrough and he’s really good in the air because rabbit.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again but I hope to god this isn’t a one and done. Of course I’d love to see a sequel with even more characters to play as (Mona Lisa, Jennika, and Venus De Milo in particular). Maybe have the story be about Lord Dregg invading earth and the turtles have to team up with Shredder to stop him, so you could also get a real chance to play as Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang. Plus the space elements would allow you to get Fugitoid involved and I’d love to see him in this setting. He already has an “87” design thanks to the old toy line! He could be playable but he could also just be one of the map characters. I’m also partial to something time travel related with Savanti Romero and Renet (who have 87 era designs thanks to that Mutant Mayhem mobile game). Maybe that could just be folded in to this plot line? Or it could be a side mode like the Dimensional Shellshock Survival Mode? Or a third game. Just spitballing.

And then there’s potential spinoffs! I’ve mentioned it before but a Mighty Mutanimals spinoff based on the rejected pitch and the Archie comics would be divine. Not to mention the idea of this team getting to do a whole game dedicated to Usagi and his world.

Man it feels good to be talking about something I love again!

Shroob

Sup?
The deeper into my insanity I dip, the more the intrusive thoughts win.

"Hey, remember that job listing for Bamco?"

Shut up.

"The one that sounded suspiciously like Smash?"

Shut up!

"And how we're all of a sudden getting Spirit Events again?"

1707441386110.png

Top Bottom