• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of today's double Direct feature

• Balatro: Friends of Jimbo update

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Neva

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee Talk Tokyo

• Powerwash Simulator Shrek DLC

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Date Everything!

• Pizza Tower

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Other (Indie World)

• Tetris Forever + NES Tetris on NSO + Tetris 99 Cup

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Legend of Heroes Trial in the Sky the 1st

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Spongebob Squarepants: The Patrick Star Game

• Fitness Boxing 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Capcom Fighting Collection 2

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Atelier Yumia: The Alchemist of Memories & The Envisioned Land

• Castlevania Dominus Collection

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • MySims Cozy Bundle

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Rune Factory: Guardians of Azuma

• Yakuza Kiwami

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other (Partner Showcase)

• Nothing in Either

• The Sonic 3 Trailer

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Normally I'd do that but I already have Big Mamma there for the same reason, and also she hosts her world's version of the Battle Nexus....

Eh. I'll ditch Tempestra. When you're doing something based only off the 87 series she's a cool villain to use but when you're pulling from everything... it's a lame choice.

... speaking of stuff from 87, how would you feel about Super Irma?
Super Irma sounds like a fun a idea.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Got all the new Spirits.

Now to wait for the final wave.

I'm gonna give a conservative guess and say it'll be Mario Wonder, FE: Engage, Kirby Forgotten Land and Xenoblade 3 to round out the "These games came out after the DLC ended" lineup.
We already got Xenoblade 3.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
since you're awake PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7
The game will be a new turtles continuity that can take from the best aspects of all previous turtle incarnations.

Heroes
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Michelangelo
  • Master Splinter
  • April O’Neil
  • Casey Jones
  • Jennika
  • Venus de Milo
  • Mona Lisa
  • Man Ray/Ray Fillet
  • Dreadmon
  • Jagwar
  • Mondo Gecko
  • Leatherhead
  • Wingnut w/Screwloose
  • Muckman
  • Fugitoid
  • Hothead
  • Aska
Villains
  • Shredder
  • Krang
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Karai
  • Baxter Stockman
  • Hun
  • Traag
  • Tokka
  • Rahzar
  • Atilla the Frog
  • Genghis Frog
  • Napoleon Bonafrog
  • Rasputin the Mad Frog
  • Chrome Dome
  • Metalhead
  • Kitsune
  • Rat King
  • Old Hob
  • Slash
  • Mutagen Man
  • Agent Bishop
  • Lord Dregg
  • Mozar
  • Armaggon
  • Madame Null
  • War w/Pestilence, Famine, & Death
  • Sisyphus
  • Ultimate Ninja
  • Drako
Alternates
  • Super Shredder
  • The Last Ronin
DLC
  • Heroes
    • Ace Duck
    • Kala
    • Super Irma
    • Sally Pride
    • Nobody/Angel Bridge
    • Renet
    • Halfcourt
  • Villains
    • Pizza Face
    • Dirtbag & Groundchunk
    • Ch’rell
    • Savanti Romero
    • Scumbug
    • Big Mama
    • Baron Draxum
  • Guests
    • Miyamoto Usagi
    • Marshal Moo Montana
    • Green Ranger (Tommy Oliver)
    • Rash
and anyone else who wants to look

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
since you're awake PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7
The game will be a new turtles continuity that can take from the best aspects of all previous turtle incarnations.

Heroes
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Raphael
  • Michelangelo
  • Master Splinter
  • April O’Neil
  • Casey Jones
  • Jennika
  • Venus de Milo
  • Mona Lisa
  • Man Ray/Ray Fillet
  • Dreadmon
  • Jagwar
  • Mondo Gecko
  • Leatherhead
  • Wingnut w/Screwloose
  • Muckman
  • Fugitoid
  • Hothead
  • Aska
Villains
  • Shredder
  • Krang
  • Bebop
  • Rocksteady
  • Karai
  • Baxter Stockman
  • Hun
  • Traag
  • Tokka
  • Rahzar
  • Atilla the Frog
  • Genghis Frog
  • Napoleon Bonafrog
  • Rasputin the Mad Frog
  • Chrome Dome
  • Metalhead
  • Kitsune
  • Rat King
  • Old Hob
  • Slash
  • Mutagen Man
  • Agent Bishop
  • Lord Dregg
  • Mozar
  • Armaggon
  • Madame Null
  • War w/Pestilence, Famine, & Death
  • Sisyphus
  • Ultimate Ninja
  • Drako
Alternates
  • Super Shredder
  • The Last Ronin
DLC
  • Heroes
    • Ace Duck
    • Kala
    • Super Irma
    • Sally Pride
    • Nobody/Angel Bridge
    • Renet
    • Halfcourt
  • Villains
    • Pizza Face
    • Dirtbag & Groundchunk
    • Ch’rell
    • Savanti Romero
    • Scumbug
    • Big Mama
    • Baron Draxum
  • Guests
    • Miyamoto Usagi
    • Marshal Moo Montana
    • Green Ranger (Tommy Oliver)
    • Rash
and anyone else who wants to look
A lot of based picks.

Now if only we could get a new TMNT fighter for real.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A lot of based picks.

Now if only we could get a new TMNT fighter for real.
I realized i'm an idiot and didn't evenly split the heroes and villains. So move Slash, Mutagen Man, Bishop, Metalhead, and Sisyphus to the hero side. It all still works.

What little story Sisyphus had in TFGenesis said he was a hero so no need to flip his morality. Don't know why I did that.

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, what's up with MK1 anyway?

Awhile back my video feed with just non-stop vomiting MK videos despite me not really having any interest in the series.

Now out of the blue it's a bunch of "This game is ****ing dead yo" vids.

Was it the really ****ty monetization?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Awhile back my video feed with just non-stop vomiting MK videos despite me not really having any interest in the series.

I'm glad the game died. I hated the "reboot" direction so this game not being as successful means they're more likely to pivot back to the characters iconic forms next time

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But wasn't 9 a reboot? And 9 is like, universally loved. 🤔
Yeah. But nine changed what happened in the story. It didn't change who the characters were. Like as people.

I'm not saying this is why other people hated MK1, i'm just saying it's the reason I don't like it. I'm just counting on the typical AAA industry pattern of "not understanding why the last game actually failed" to swing in my favor for once.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. But nine changed what happened in the story. It didn't change who the characters were. Like as people.

I'm not saying this is why other people hated MK1, i'm just saying it's the reason I don't like it. I'm just counting on the typical AAA industry pattern of "not understanding why the last game actually failed" to swing in my favor for once.
From what little I've seen, people generally tend to like the story mode of this game.

It's the extremely predatory business model and outright lies that's gotten people extremely upset.

Granted, I'll admit, I know very little about this game other than it's "The bloody one".

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From what little I've seen, people generally tend to like the story mode of this game.

It's the extremely predatory business model and outright lies that's gotten people extremely upset.

Granted, I'll admit, I know very little about this game other than it's "The bloody one".
Yeah. But how often do AAA studios actually understand why a game under-performs or dissatisfies their audience? They always blame it on something else.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. But how often do AAA studios actually understand why a game under-performs or dissatisfies their audience? They always blame it on something else.
Fwiw, in a lot of cases, fans themselves are also terrible at understanding what they dislike about a game and conveying that civilly to the developers.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh, so we did.

Alright. Since this wave had 4, then I guess I'll say the last one will have 3 like the 2nd wave did.

I just can't think of another big, recent Nintendo title that's come out unless they wanna dip into SMRPG or the Peach game.
I hope it's 4 just so it evens out the spirits list again.

They could do something from Sparks of Hope

Also I missed the last event so I hope they add them to the general pool soon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't play Mortal Kombat and don't really know what the online or competitive scene is like but negative videos also seem to thrive in the algorithm. I've gotten plenty of things telling me a game is dead when my average wait time for a match is not waiting at all.

Shroob

Sup?
I guess I should add that people tend to generally like the characters as well.

Raiden and hat guy are the biggest "Holy crap they're amazing" that I've seen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I guess I should add that people tend to generally like the characters as well.

Raiden and hat guy are the biggest "Holy crap they're amazing" that I've seen.
It's just... nobody feels like themselves anymore. They don't even feel like "the same people after drastic changes in their lives", and it's not like DC Comics reboots where you're basically just using the same character sheet in a new D&D campaign after resetting their stats. They feel like a bunch of new people using the old names and moves/powers, sometimes. And it just... doesn't feel like MK anymore.

I guess I have to add the stipulation that this is all my opinion, since there are plenty of people who love this direction and don't have a problem with it. But man, I just think it sucks. And nothing sucks more (being hyperbolic here) then something you were a fan of making a big fan of making a huge change and you no longer liking it, but all the other fans love the change and won't stop talking about how much they love it, meaning you're probably never gonna get back what you liked because why would they listen to someone "in the minority".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rumors are going around that the Nintendo Direct is coming next week and will actually be a Partner Showcase.

Woo boy
Nintendo at their investor meetings:

“we are focused mainly on our support for switch this year”

Also Nintendo

“No you may not see what we are working, here’s a bunch of ports we slapped our name as a publisher on lmao.”

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't play Mortal Kombat and don't really know what the online or competitive scene is like but negative videos also seem to thrive in the algorithm. I've gotten plenty of things telling me a game is dead when my average wait time for a match is not waiting at all.
Yeah, but the steam numbers are also looking pretty dire. Under 2k players on Steam for a game that sold over 3 million copies is, pretty rough ngl.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but the steam numbers are also looking pretty dire. Under 2k players on Steam for a game that sold over 3 million copies is, pretty rough ngl.
When did people start caring about “the number of people currently playing”?

The optimist says “when we finally started being able to track it!”

The pessimist says “when games started going free to play/pay to progress so initial sales figures didn’t matter as much”

You can decide which is more right.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

The pessimist says “when games started going free to play/pay to progress so initial sales figures didn’t matter as much”

I started caring when I was playing Halo 3 online and knew how likely I was to find a match.

Takes me back to playing Halo 3 after Halo 4 launched and having the sickest time with the 17 other people still playing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
It's time!

My name is Zinith. I am 33 years old. I live in north Reno, NV, where there are many college dorms... I am not married... I'm an engineer technician for a company based out of Pennsylvania. Each night, I return home WAY later than 8 PM. I don't smoke. I drink, but only occasionally (unfortunately). I go to bed by whatever and always get at least 8 hours of sleep, unless it's Wednesdays... Before I lie down, I drink a cup of hot tea and do absolutely no exercise... With that routine, I find that I sleep like **** all the way to [time of day redacted]. Like a diseased rat, I awake with mild fatigue or stress. And at my last checkup, I was given a clean bill of health, though that was a while ago O_o... I'm explaining so that you'll understand that I'm a person who wants to live his live however the **** he wants. I refuse to create scenes that will disturb my thoughts and keep me up at night worrying if anyone thinks I'm a weirdo... And by maintaining that approach toward society, I have found that I can attain okayness. Of course, if I were to fight someone, my ass would be whooped.

Shroob

Sup?

Well, that's not the current amount, that's the total monthly amount. Current amount is about 800~.

But when you see player numbers drop month to month to month, that's, not the sign of a healthy game.

For example, September had 14k players at its peak, but then October only had 6k, and then November had 4k, and so on and so forth til we're down to sub 2k.

When people are basically leaving the game, and not coming back, in quantities like that, even with the launch of DLC, that's the sign that a game is either dying, or dead.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's time!

My name is Zinith. I am 33 years old. I live in north Reno, NV, where there are many college dorms... I am not married... I'm an engineer technician for a company based out of Pennsylvania. Each night, I return home WAY later than 8 PM. I don't smoke. I drink, but only occasionally (unfortunately). I go to bed by whatever and always get at least 8 hours of sleep, unless it's Wednesdays... Before I lie down, I drink a cup of hot tea and do absolutely no exercise... With that routine, I find that I sleep like ** all the way to [time of day redacted]. Like a diseased rat, I awake with mild fatigue or stress. And at my last checkup, I was given a clean bill of health, though that was a while ago O_o... I'm explaining so that you'll understand that I'm a person who wants to live his live however the ** he wants. I refuse to create scenes that will disturb my thoughts and keep me up at night worrying if anyone thinks I'm a weirdo... And by maintaining that approach toward society, I have found that I can attain okayness. Of course, if I were to fight someone, my ass would be whooped.

I hate how I could tell this was a Kira speech but I couldn't see Yoshi Kage coming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well thanks for the heads up guys, I will now bury my expectations for the direct along with my hope for Donkey Kong on the Switch.

I'm sure the Switch 2 reveal will be rad, I was just really holding out for DK. And now I gotta wait till March for something from Nintendo.

Hope Pokemon Day is good :drshrug:
Pokémon day is actually when you’re going to get your DK news.

Gamefreak will announce that the new monkey mythical is just straight up DK because Nintendo didn’t want him anymore.

Enjoy Pokemon Country Tropical freeze.
The next partner direct probably has Hi-Fi Rush so it's automatically a 10/10 unless you have the worst taste known to mankind.
According to Nate Drake( or some other really credible leaker) next direct does not have that.
Partner direct and we aren’t going to hearbout the Mario game with partners in it?

SMH it’s over for us.

FR where’s that release date?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's time!

My name is Zinith. I am 33 years old. I live in north Reno, NV, where there are many college dorms... I am not married... I'm an engineer technician for a company based out of Pennsylvania. Each night, I return home WAY later than 8 PM. I don't smoke. I drink, but only occasionally (unfortunately). I go to bed by whatever and always get at least 8 hours of sleep, unless it's Wednesdays... Before I lie down, I drink a cup of hot tea and do absolutely no exercise... With that routine, I find that I sleep like ** all the way to [time of day redacted]. Like a diseased rat, I awake with mild fatigue or stress. And at my last checkup, I was given a clean bill of health, though that was a while ago O_o... I'm explaining so that you'll understand that I'm a person who wants to live his live however the ** he wants. I refuse to create scenes that will disturb my thoughts and keep me up at night worrying if anyone thinks I'm a weirdo... And by maintaining that approach toward society, I have found that I can attain okayness. Of course, if I were to fight someone, my ass would be whooped.

10/10 Stole my joke and improved on it in every way.

Also Happy Birthday!:yoshi:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The pc port is awful tbf, you'd have to measure the population on consoles to get a better feel of the game's health

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, that's not the current amount, that's the total monthly amount. Current amount is about 800~.

But when you see player numbers drop month to month to month, that's, not the sign of a healthy game.

For example, September had 14k players at its peak, but then October only had 6k, and then November had 4k, and so on and so forth til we're down to sub 2k.

When people are basically leaving the game, and not coming back, in quantities like that, even with the launch of DLC, that's the sign that a game is either dying, or dead.
You’ed think all that mattered to a company is how many people bought it.

But whatever. Guess this game won’t be getting a season pass 2. Or any of the other expansions they might have been planning.

It’s a shame because on paper they brought back a lot of characters I would be excited for (Ashrah, Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya specifically). But in this context… they aren’t themselves anymore. And neither is anyone else. So why would I want to play as them or experience their story?

You know it’s weird how rushed the game feels considering it’s the longest turn around an NRS game has ever had. Like, older titles have almost certainly been more rushed. But they didn’t feel like it. And now they have the ability to take their time, and it feels so thrown together. Just food for thought.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Fair in that regard. I only heard about how bad the Switch port was.
NRS pc ports are generally not even handled by them and historically weren't up to date. Combine that history of being a second class citizen with a bad port and you got a dead pc playerbase.

You’ed think all that mattered to a company is how many people bought it.

But whatever. Guess this game won’t be getting a season pass 2. Or any of the other expansions they might have been planning.

It’s a shame because on paper they brought back a lot of characters I would be excited for (Ashrah, Nitara, Li Mei, and Tanya specifically). But in this context… they aren’t themselves anymore. And neither is anyone else. So why would I want to play as them or experience their story?

You know it’s weird how rushed the game feels considering it’s the longest turn around an NRS game has ever had. Like, older titles have almost certainly been more rushed. But they didn’t feel like it. And now they have the ability to take their time, and it feels so thrown together. Just food for thought.
It's important not to ignore that COVID was a big thing that impacted development all around and that WB are the publisher

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's time!

The Yoshikage Kira theme was playing in my head while I was reading this and I haven't thought about Jojo in a while

Happy bird day funny dinosaur man

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's time!

Happy birthday to my fellow Yoshi lover! May all your most wanted characters get into Smash and here's to many more years of Yoshi-ing! :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The pc port is awful tbf, you'd have to measure the population on consoles to get a better feel of the game's health
Another reason I’m less likely to buy it. If I can’t play it from bed (via my steam deck or switch) then why bother playing it?
NRS pc ports are generally not even handled by them and historically weren't up to date. Combine that history of being a second class citizen with a bad port and you got a dead pc playerbase.

It's important not to ignore that COVID was a big thing that impacted development all around and that WB are the publisher
I also literally just now heard a rumor that it started development as Injustice 3 and then eventually became MK1. There were no sources on this, it was literally a post that just said “there were rumors”, but that would explain/add to things…. Also this.
IMG_0959.jpeg

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Supposedly, musician Jennifer Lopez is working on a Bob the Builder movie.

The movie will take place in Puerto Rico and Bob will get the full name of Roberto and will be played by Anthony Ramos. The movie focuses on "what it means to build."

Say what you will but after 2015's Bob the Builder "reboot" there's nowhere to go but up, so yeah, I think J-Lo can fix it.

When can we expect a Thomas the Tank Engine movie in the Mattel Cinematic Universe?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I've now been thinking up ideas of what a Mattel Cinematic Universe would actually look like. Please pray for me.

I have an idea for what a phase 1 would look like
Phase 1 would be a simple enough start before we get into the crazy crossover stuff, though there would be cameos sprinkled around.
  1. Barbie
  2. Bob the Builder
  3. Thomas the Tank Engine
  4. Fireman Sam
  5. Barbie 2: MyScene
  6. Monster High
  7. Hot Wheels (featuring a few cameos from Thomas the Tank Engine characters)
  8. Masters of the Universe
  9. Thomas the Tank Engine sequel
  10. Ever After High (featuring a few cameos from Monster High characters)
  11. Max Steel
  12. Barbie: Polly Pocket
  13. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (phase 1 finale, includes a teaser for a crossover movie that'd start phase 2 and introduce American Girl characters)

Top Bottom