• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My dumb ass saw someone bring up the "DK trilogy" and instantly thought Donkey Kong trilogy when it was actually about The Dark Knight 💀
I think you're totally justified in reading that as Donkey Kong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Chainsaw Man Chapter 59 is still unavailable on official WSJ/Viz apps because of a two-page nudist spread with one of the side characters and her (…right?) harem of side hoes.
I don't remember it being cut from Manga+, the way I read it
I legit spit my drink when I saw that the first time lmao.

Was def not expecting pay gorn in my action series.
My gay ass might be just a wee bit biased but I think it's amazing how Fujimoto can have that in a series where the titular character is a horndog who wants to touch boobs and have it be tasteful. I hope MAPPA has a union by the time they get to animating that scene

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My dumb ass saw someone bring up the "DK trilogy" and instantly thought Donkey Kong trilogy when it was actually about The Dark Knight 💀
When I read the first half of this sentence I thought the same thing
I don't remember it being cut from Manga+, the way I read it
As someone who also read it on Manga Plus I can confirm that it wasn't cut from there

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Shroob Shroob
Apparently to get Magearna you only need to complete the Dex up to Eternatus.

Not that it matters now but you're probably on the way to unlocking loveable scrunko form of the Gen XII mythical a few years from now.

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob
Apparently to get Magearna you only need to complete the Dex up to Eternatus.

Not that it matters now but you're probably on the way to unlocking loveable scrunko form of the Gen XII mythical a few years from now.
P.much lol.

Well

At least until we move systems and they decide "Actually HOME is outdated let's make a new, NEW box service." :nifty:

Shroob

Sup?
This is selling CSM very short lol

I mean I guess there's some similarities but...
Call me crazy but that's kinda how I've viewed the series.

It has a lot of "rebellious teen" energy if you get my drift. Early Bleach, especially the anime, focused hard on the rebellious, punk teen aesthetic, and CSM kinda gives me similar vibes.

Now granted, CSM is more modern. Early Bleach's feeling felt fitting for it's time period, where CSM's feels much more modern day.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Went back for a bit of Legends Arceus.

Shiny Pokemon are easier to get than Peat Blocks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It has a lot of "rebellious teen" energy if you get my drift. Early Bleach, especially the anime, focused hard on the rebellious, punk teen aesthetic, and CSM kinda gives me similar vibes.

Now granted, CSM is more modern. Early Bleach's feeling felt fitting for it's time period, where CSM's feels much more modern day.
This is ironic as CSM takes place in the late 90's, meaning Bleach is more modern than CSM

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Unlocked the Sentinel in Marvel Future Fight.

Now I just need Jean Grey (gonna be tough) and Professor X (I'll save him for later this year).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Hey, I'm getting mine next!

Got so close to completing my living dex in Sw/Sh, just put off catching Regieleki/Glasterier for too long. Then by the time I did I realized I never actually got a Marshadow even though I thought I did.

Pain.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This is ironic as CSM takes place in the late 90's, meaning Bleach is more modern than CSM
Granted, it’s an alternate reality. Pochita ate and erased a lot of bad from history. I definitely feel like that dude has eaten some years off the calendar. I also heavily believe that aspect is how the Death Devil is back and why the War Devil is so weak.

Also, Gege is crying that you choose CSM as the new Bleach and not JJK

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Granted, it’s an alternate reality. Pochita ate and erased a lot of bad from history. I definitely feel like that dude has eaten some years off the calendar.

Also, Gege is crying that you choose CSM as the new Bleach and not JJK
Maybe Gege needs to learn how to make a good story, Shibuya Incident needed like 3 more arcs to happen before it is the common consensus iirc

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Maybe Gege needs to learn how to make a good story, Shibuya Incident needed like 3 more arcs to happen before it is the common consensus iirc
I disagree? The curses attacking Shibuya was planned as soon as the villains made their appearance, which was around the end of the school festival in the first season (Ch. 25-30ish). Unfortunately, you also had to see/read JJK 0 to get a better understanding of side characters and the bigger scope of the later plot. I know people are bummed after Shibuya, and unfortunately, it’s only all gas and gets more hectic from there. But the fights and new character/character arcs that replace the Season 2 cast bring a lot of the best moments. The quality of the story actually doesn’t decline until Sukuna casts Enchain and possesses Megumi, probably at the very end of Season 3, at least, imo.

IMG_7660.gif

Everyone will love Jujutsu Kaisen again once Hakari is on screen. Just like the manga. :colorful:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I disagree? The curses attacking Shibuya was planned as soon as the villains made their appearance, which was around the end of the school festival in the first season (Ch. 25-30ish). Unfortunately, you also had to see/read JJK 0 to get a better understanding of side characters and the bigger scope of the later plot. I know people are bummed after Shibuya, and unfortunately, it’s only all gas and gets more hectic from there. But the fights and new character/character arcs that replace the Season 2 cast bring a lot of the best moments. The quality of the story actually doesn’t decline until Sukuna casts Enchain and possesses Megumi, probably at the very end of Season 3, at least, imo.

View attachment 382437

Everyone will love Jujutsu Kaisen again once Hakari is on screen. Just like the manga. :colorful:
Oh you seem to be mistaken, I'm not an anime only, I actually caught up with the manga up until when the Fraud memes came in cause I just. Didn't care anymore, it feels hollow

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh you seem to be mistaken, I'm not an anime only, I actually caught up with the manga up until when the Fraud memes came in cause I just. Didn't care anymore, it feels hollow
It’s been pretty entertaining the past few months. I still have no idea where the story could possibly move from where things started going south, but it’s reaching a climax. Sort of.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
JJK lost me after Shibuya with all the batrier talk that I couldn't follow for the life of me.

Shibuya was peak, one of the best Shonen arcs I've ever read and ever will read, but goddamn it got way too inside baseball after that. Just because you lampshade it with Hakari's ability doesn't fix make it not a problem

In other news I came out to my therapist and she was very supportive

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Beat Spider-Man 2

This was a really good game but I have some problems

The gameplay was incredibly solid and fun, I love how many collectibles there are. The game looks gorgeous as well and all of the performers ****ing killed it Yuri is my favorite Spider-Man and Tony Todd as Venom was inspired.

The MJ missions were fun I have no clue what weird nerds were talking about.

My big problems mainly stem from the story and later gameplay

They seriously rushed Venom, The third act was incredibly rushed and it did not feel very satisfying emphasized by the annoyingly spongey Symbiotes. Also they easily could have fit miles better in the story but in the end he just felt like an add-on, not to mention his dog**** suit. Doing something like having Kraven hunt the Prowler I feel could have directly added miles to the main plot and increased the stakes that is not just making Kraven ultra powered. I also think that ending the game on the mission where you play as Venom would have been an excellent Cliffhanger and would have left a bigger impression than the current ending.

I also had a lot of performance issues. Invisible buildings, the game crashed 4 times and I got visited by the famous generic white cube™️

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Need help from the Persona fans in here, Persona 4 G or Persona 5 R?

I'm nit new to RPGs but I am new to Persona and I have more of an interest in 4 but I heard 5 is the better game, so I want to hear y'alls thoughts.

Or Persona 3? Yeah that's there as well.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

I view it as more of a modern take on Devilman. The mix of gore, sex and crude humor is very Go Nagai.

I'm nit new to RPGs but I am new to Persona and I have more of an interest in 4 but I heard 5 is the better game, so I want to hear y'alls thoughts.

I'd go with 5R. 4 and especially 3 might seem dated and less welcoming to a newcomer. 5 is my favorite so I am biased but I think you'll be more likely to bounce off 3/4. I'd wait for 3's remake. That said if you really want to try 4 there is nothing stopping you, though IMO certain aspects of the writing do not hold up well, especially its handling of LGBT stuff.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Saw Steamboat Willie for the first time

Mickey Mouse is and always has been a sociopath. You can do whatever you want with the character now so bring that portrayal back without just being "Mickey but spoopy"

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wish there was one producer who saw Steamboat Willie and said? "Let's make this a full movie with updated animation and an extended story" instead of memeing it for the algorithm. I actually could see it being good.
I don't think producers like that exist

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

5 Royal to easily get into the franchise without Smash as the source, but you could also wait for P3R next month to experience Persona for the first time through there

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I view it as more of a modern take on Devilman. The mix of gore, sex and crude humor is very Go Nagai.

I'd go with 5R. 4 and especially 3 might seem dated and less welcoming to a newcomer. 5 is my favorite so I am biased but I think you'll be more likely to bounce off 3/4. I'd wait for 3's remake. That said if you really want to try 4 there is nothing stopping you, though IMO certain aspects of the writing do not hold up well, especially its handling of LGBT stuff.
5 Royal to easily get into the franchise without Smash as the source, but you could also wait for P3R next month to experience Persona for the first time through there
Switch version any good? Y'all know

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wish there was one producer who saw Steamboat Willie and said? "Let's make this a full movie with updated animation and an extended story" instead of memeing it for the algorithm. I actually could see it being good.
I don't think producers like that exist
Sadly, they probably don't.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On second thought, I gonna grab Persona 5R on my PS4 instead, it's cheaper on there if I nab it physically (like 5 dollars, a steal tbh) and it runs better. Which means I may get 4 Golden on my Switch or instead put 40ish bucks to other use. If y'all got any recomendations let me know.

Or don't. Thanks for helping me out tho.

Update: it was the standard version that was 5 bucks, whoops. But Royal was still cheaper physically than getting it on the Switch

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First week of this year and one of the first films to release is a horror movie about a haunted swimming pool called Night Swim...

What's next? A horror movie about a haunted refrigerator???

Top Bottom