• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So uh, what exactly is Chainsaw Man like as a show?

It seems extremely popular around here and in general, but I'm not sure if the show is my speed or not.

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, what exactly is Chainsaw Man like as a show?

It seems extremely popular around here and in general, but I'm not sure if the show is my speed or not.
Bleach, but good.

:nifty:

Do you like a show that feels super rebellious while also having some kickass but gory fightscenes? That's Chainsaw Man.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I doubt that I'll ever be able to complete the PokeDex in any Pokemon game. My interest tends to fizzle away pretty quick and I end up just rushing through the main story.

Speaking of which, BDSP is kind of losing me now and I'm only on the third Gym. I don't know if it's just a case of this particular game not hitting the right notes or if Pokemon as a whole just isn't for me anymore, but yeah.

Shroob

Sup?
I doubt that I'll ever be able to complete the PokeDex in any Pokemon game. My interest tends to fizzle away pretty quick and I end up just rushing through the main story.

Speaking of which, BDSP is kind of losing me now and I'm only on the third Gym. I don't know if it's just a case of this particular game not hitting the right notes or if Pokemon as a whole just isn't for me anymore, but yeah.
Probably a mixture of both.

BDSP made me also hate Pokemon(Temporarily). :4pacman:

Noipoi

Howdy!

First, give Pokemon a rest for a bit. Then start up Violet. The first 20 minutes is a bit of a slog but once the game lets you go it gets pretty fun.

If you play Violet for a while and you still aren't feeling it...you probably just don't like the pocket mans.

Shroob

Sup?
The manga is a fun romp but the pacing is all over the place.

Also ignore the fanbase if you can
Honestly, the pacing is kinda why I like it?

It's breakneck ****ing fast but it kinda avoids the issues a lot of manga have where just, there's these long stretches of nothing happening.

Like, the bomb devil fight was just NON STOP SPEED and like, whoa.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It may be a mixture of both, BDSP was exhausting to get through in my experience.

And tbh I lowkey was thinking I lost my love for the series too, SwSh never clicked with me and BDSP was just a slog (especially the endgame dungeons, I hated everything from Coronet to the Elite 4).

And then I played Legends and suddenly I love Pokemon again.

Shroob

Sup?
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Better question.

What are some anime you've watched recently, and what's your highest bar for violent anime? That'll be easier to see if you'd get into Chainsaw Man or not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Better question.

What are some anime you've watched recently, and what's your highest bar for violent anime? That'll be easier to see if you'd get into Chainsaw Man or not.
To answer the first question, while I started Soul Eater years ago but never finished it and occasionally tune in for the Pokemon anime, Unlimited Blade Works is pretty much the only anime I've watched in the past year or two lol. I haven't even watched many, if any more than that as anime's just not one of my favorite mediums.

I can handle violence in anime if it's comparable to or not too much more severe than that of UBW.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To answer the first question, while I started Soul Eater years ago but never finished it and occasionally tune in for the Pokemon anime, Unlimited Blade Works is pretty much the only anime I've watched in the past year or two lol. I haven't even watched many, if any more than that as anime's just not one of my favorite mediums.

I can handle violence in anime if it's comparable to or not too much more severe than that of UBW.
You will not survive the winerChainsaw Man.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Don't watch Chainsaw Man then. It's pretty gory

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of chainsaw man, giving my limited knowledge of the manga and what the central themes are….

This movie about to be depressing as hell if I’m right. But we will see I suppose.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I only wish the Chainsaw Man fandom wasn't so... Reddit.

There's so much to talk about that isn't Kobeni or Makima.
Honestly the first season, up until the Gun & Control arc (probably like, in Season 4?), is a goldmine for redditors because the comedy mainly focuses on being horny or filthy.

It is still horny and filthy, but now with layers of subtle philosophical nuance. :iwatadirect:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly the first season, up until the Gun & Control arc (probably like, in Season 4?), is a goldmine for redditors because the comedy mainly focuses on being horny or filthy.

It is still horny and filthy, but now with layers of subtle philosophical nuance. :iwatadirect:
Denji went from horny and filthy, to horny, lonely, and incredibly depressed.

That's not like me at all. Not relatable.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You will not survive the winerChainsaw Man.
Don't watch Chainsaw Man then. It's pretty gory
Well, at the same time, I can also handle the gore levels of stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Also Doom, albeit that one arguably blends a realistic and cartoony aesthetic with the shading the later 3D games use.

Is Chainsaw Man's gore comparable to any of those?

Shroob

Sup?
Well, at the same time, I can also handle the gore levels of stuff like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Also Doom, albeit that one arguably blends a realistic and cartoony aesthetic with the shading the later 3D games use.

There's a scene in chapter like, 15 or so where the MC jumps down into a literal flesh pit and spends like, a good 3 days just chainsawing away and sustaining himself on its blood if that answers anything. :nifty:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's a scene in chapter like, 15 or so where the MC jumps down into a literal flesh pit and spends like, a good 3 days just chainsawing away and sustaining himself on its blood if that answers anything. :nifty:
But that takes two pages, though, they skip past the three days.

But everything done by Gun Devil is another story. :crazy:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Part 2's protagonist has her story start off by getting her face clawed off and some of the devil designs tend to get pretty crazy, like one using it's own intenstines as a scarf. I think the story is worth giving a read moreso than a watch as they absolutely butchered one really important scene by changing how a character reacts to certain information but beyond that I'd say the anime's pretty solid despite the other changes. If you feel it's too much and want to stop watching, by no means should you feel bad about it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Chainsaw Man Chapter 59 is still unavailable on official WSJ/Viz apps because of a two-page nudist spread with one of the side characters and her (…right?) harem of side hoes.

Shroob

Sup?
Chainsaw Man Chapter 59 is still unavailable on official WSJ/Viz apps because of a two-page nudist spread with one of the side characters and her (…right?) harem of side hoes.
I legit spit my drink when I saw that the first time lmao.

Was def not expecting pay gorn in my action series.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I legit spit my drink when I saw that the first time lmao.

Was def not expecting pay gorn in my action series.
I skipped the chapter, but the chapter itself was within the middle of a huge fight against Santa Claus with almost every character involved. If you can’t access the chapter online, which I actually couldn’t when I went to Viz’s website as instructed, you’re left wondering how a fight against one became a fight against nine, excluding the first one. **** was not cash money.

I’m not even hiding the context, it sounds ridiculous enough. That should make someone want to read it more, I say. :iwatadirect:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one day I’ll stop drinking apple cider out the bottle

Top Bottom