• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah kids have it 100% rough. The other day I searched for official Sonic art for an idea of a Sonic fighting game roster and I found fetish stuff before official artwork or good panels from comics, safe search was on too
I had a similar experience with Undertale. I was looking for those things where the artists draw a character in different drawing styles. Instead I got some stuff that I originally described before this edit but then I realized there's kids here.

And some comic that portrayed Gaster in different Plankton scenes from Spongebob. So it wasn't all bad.

I'm still scarred for life. Welcome to the internet I guess.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
While I'm glad P5T was generally well-received, I'm confused by something I saw a lot in the fandom

A common sentiment seems to be being shocked about Phantom Thieves retaining their memories of the game's events, since "characters always lose their memories in spin-offs".

Except, aside from PQ games (which are crossovers that would disturb the timeline), the only instances that were a thing were P3D and P5D which basically had no plots. Persona 4 Arena games, P4D, and Persona 5 Strikers simply are a part of the timeline. I just don't get why so many people act like Tactica's ending is unprecedented.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also I may be late but Ren and Stimpy is getting a reboot. And also it leaked.

Didn't know there was a demand for it tbh.
Been in development for a long while for Comedy Central (kinda a way to erase Adult Party Cartoon from history)
While I'm glad P5T was generally well-received, I'm confused by something I saw a lot in the fandom

A common sentiment seems to be being shocked about Phantom Thieves retaining their memories of the game's events, since "characters always lose their memories in spin-offs".

Except, aside from PQ games (which are crossovers that would disturb the timeline), the only instances that were a thing were P3D and P5D which basically had no plots. Persona 4 Arena games, P4D, and Persona 5 Strikers simply are a part of the timeline. I just don't get why so many people act like Tactica's ending is unprecedented.
probably due to it taking place during the winter break before **** hits the fan even harder via Royal’s 3rd semester and ends during…something

tho it did give us dlc where Akechi was at his peak so I’ll let it slide

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It can call itself Ren and Stimpy but there's no way in hell it will be remotely the same unless that age rating is higher.
It's going to be on Comedy Central, so that won't be a problem. Although the footage I've seen doesn't exactly scream "this NEEDS to be on CC and not Nick".

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Real talk, if parents want to protect kids from internet stuff, they need to have a real talk with them about witnessing potentially NSFW material. It's naive to think it won't happen and being able to talk to your kids about it, however awkward or uncomfortable it may be, will go a long way than just giving them a computer and hoping nothing bad happens. I feel like people talk about parenting regarding the internet in two modes: either lock them out of it entirely/restrict it, or just say and do nothing and give them unfettered access. There should be a middle ground where as a parent you accept that you can't control everything your kid sees, but maybe at least make them think about what they're viewing.

That said, social media burning to the ground would be a good start.
my parents went for the former approach and it lead to me learning how to break software hardware apart to exploit it moreso than taught me good habits

I've gotten to the point where now that i'm an adult the only thing that gets me off my unhealthy amount of time on my phone is to literally go "okay that's it I've been on it too much" yeets my phone into the abyss and goes outside to take a walk

When you restrict something, you just make it more desirable for someone to go looking for it or how to break it apart.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's funny that I managed to make the remaining balance of my Japanese eShop account to just one Yen.

The lowest priced items on the Japanese eShop is 100 Yen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Been in development for a long while for Comedy Central (kinda a way to erase Adult Party Cartoon from history)

probably due to it taking place during the winter break before **** hits the fan even harder via Royal’s 3rd semester and ends during…something

tho it did give us dlc where Akechi was at his peak so I’ll let it slide
So that’s why Sophia and Zenkichi aren’t here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who is more skilled with a hammer? King Dedede or Any Rose?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why children of men specifically? Was it a smuggling mission in a conquered world, or did a marvel villain just make everyone infertile? Now I’m curious. :nifty:
Never seen the movie, but I’m sure it would’ve been an awesome shakeup
Jack Black has been cast into the upcoming Minecraft movie.

Can’t wait for him to sing a song about Mines. and Craft
IMG_1262.jpeg

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I would’ve picked someone else, but I like Jack Black and it’s Steve so I hope this is real.

I really want Steve in an official Minecraft story, so this is exciting. I was afraid they’d just use Story Mode and random new characters. Maybe this movie will be worth the watch afterall.

tbh though, for a moment I forgot this was live action. Might be kinda weird to see Jack Black as Steve and not just voicing his character, but hey at least Steve is there in the story.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Had a great day, ngl. Some of my Día De Reyes stuff finally arrived at my local Toysrus, I unlocked Jubilee in Marvel Future Fight, my crush replied to me and she said there's a chance she could come with my IRL friends and I to Triana and I slept a lot so now I am feeling more relaxed.

Praying ya'll had a dope day too! And if not, don't give up and keep going, eventually you'll get through It all and It will be the most satisfying success and feeling you will have, trust.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Had a great day, ngl. Some of my Día De Reyes stuff finally arrived at my local Toysrus, I unlocked Jubilee in Marvel Future Fight, my crush replied to me and she said there's a chance she could come with my IRL friends and I to Triana and I slept a lot so now I am feeling more relaxed.

Praying ya'll had a dope day too! And if not, don't give up and keep going, eventually you'll get through It all and It will be the most satisfying success and feeling you will have, trust.
My day was fine, and it had a good beginning!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy new years everyone! Been a bit busy the past few days but I wanted to stop in.

I already see direct predictions online but I firmly believe we aren’t getting one this month or next.

As we will get the Switch 2 announced.

Prime 4 and Peach showtime will be launch titles.

TYD will make money for being the only big Mario game out at the time.

Pokémon will pull up in February announcing Pokémon Insert Original Dragon name here.

Scarlet and violet gets a goodbye video and the game looks noticeably better. One final event will be announced for Terra raids to get people back.

And there’s my predictions so far.

Top Bottom