• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean that's what you're dealing with when things go Public Domain. For every labor of love you get 5 sandwich budget horror films. Just the way it is, but Big Corpos can't do a thing about it and that kinda rocks.
I know, I am just sharing my disappointment on the lack of creativity.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Part of me wants to agree.

The other part of me thinks the adaptations are too easy for kids to find and that, even making it into something dark notwithstanding, it doesn't help that so far, despite the creators of each one trying to hype their projects up as scary versions of classic kids' characters and stories. all of them have failed at even being decent horror adaptations.
I feel like that could be said about a lot of mature stuff on the internet and life in general.

but that is related more to the death of safe online spaces for kids more than anything

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Grabbing the legendaries in SV and I noticed they brought back the individualized themes for the Beasts and Tao trios. I'm glad to hear them again as I liked how they gave each member their own little twists, and it was odd to hear Zekrom's electric crackle used for Reshiram and Kyurem.

Also, the model updates on these guys are great. Zekrom's colors are closer to black again rather than being grey, and Lugia has a really sleek model, also the latter getting his swimming animation from the Silver/Soulsilver intro is nice.

At least this will be the closest we might ever getting to it.

It's something at least.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone saw that skit and jotted that idea down for when Bambi drops.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been playing SSX3. Cool game, though I obviously need to get better at it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Rock finally coming back to WWE to finally fight his abusive younger cousin

Shroob

Sup?
Hit a roadblock in my GTS Dex hunt.

Just no one has bit for over 5 hours now.

Sucks, I'm only like 30~ away from completion.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The internet was never really a safe space for but fact if the matter is that there are way too many adults dominating media meant for like 5 year olds and then getting mad children are taking up a sizable portion of their fandom.

Now you can argue that children should be monitered, and yeah they should, but doesn't help that they can go search up something like MLP and have some dastardly results pop up on Google. It's truly tough to navigate.

Now you can also say the kids can go outside and go to safe spaces out there.... yeah I got bad news on what's happening to that.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I've been on the internet longer than you've been alive and I am not convinced the internet was ever "safe" for kids lol
Good Point, Safe was the wrong word for my point.

Places like Club Penguin and Toon Town (which is what I was referring too) were definitely home to creeps and weirdos. I probably should have thought it through a bit more.

I am not the best authority on this topic if we are being real because I spent too much time on the computer during the times where I probably should have been touching grass lmao.

StormC

Smash Hero
Now you can argue that children should be monitered, and yeah they should, but doesn't help that they can go search up something like MLP and have some dastardly results pop up on Google. It's truly tough to navigate.
idk I just googled "My Little Pony" and I scrolled for a decent while and I didn't see anything sus. I think this problem is overstated a bit. Not saying kids won't find naughty images by accident because it does happen, but any parent should be aware of the risks giving their kids online access, especially nowadays when millennials should definitely know better having grown up on the internet themselves.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Only Pokemon I now need Dex entries for are the new Scarlet Paradoxes.

StormC

Smash Hero
Can confirm.

Mom slapped a laptop down in my lap at age 12 and boy did I see the world in a whole new way.
Real talk, if parents want to protect kids from internet stuff, they need to have a real talk with them about witnessing potentially NSFW material. It's naive to think it won't happen and being able to talk to your kids about it, however awkward or uncomfortable it may be, will go a long way than just giving them a computer and hoping nothing bad happens. I feel like people talk about parenting regarding the internet in two modes: either lock them out of it entirely/restrict it, or just say and do nothing and give them unfettered access. There should be a middle ground where as a parent you accept that you can't control everything your kid sees, but maybe at least make them think about what they're viewing.

That said, social media burning to the ground would be a good start.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
That said, social media burning to the ground would be a good start.
That is the answer to many modern day problems tbh.

Also I may be late but Ren and Stimpy is getting a reboot. And also it leaked.

Didn't know there was a demand for it tbh.
It already looks to be on the "Cartoon Reboot Cliche" Path

There is a Phone Bad episode from what it seems so let's see if it reaches the full path.

-Phone Bad episode
-Drone Jokes
-Cancel Culture Episode
-Covid Episode
-Trump Jokes

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That is the answer to many modern day problems tbh.

It already looks to be on the "Cartoon Reboot Cliche" Path

There is a Phone Bad episode from what it seems so let's see if it reaches the full path.

-Phone Bad episode
-Drone Jokes
-Cancel Culture Episode
-Covid Episode
-Trump Jokes
A cancel culture Ren and Stimpy episode would be hilariously ironic.

Top Bottom