• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I unlocked Gambit in Marvel Future Fight!

Hopefully I can unlock Jubilee tomorrow.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
One of my friends got me MHR and I'm already addicted help
I've been thinking about getting this for Xbox, but I don't know if I'll actually commit to this game like I use to.

That and my current addiction to Warframe has prevented me from batting an eye to any other game.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Why do these characters who enter public domain seem to start off in public domain with horror movies? I mean, is there a trend or fad with horror movies that I missed?
Wario Wario Wario explained It really well on a profile post a few days ago.

Basically horror movies/projects are easier and cheaper to put into production than actual artsy or genuine stuff, because making an actual good idea with an IP takes time and effort.

With that said, here's a cool game which does use Mickey's recent presence on the public domain in a cooler way imo: an indie game where you fight ninjas as public domain characters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wario Wario Wario explained It really well on a profile post a few days ago.

Basically horror movies/projects are easier and cheaper to put into production than actual artsy or genuine stuff, because making an actual good idea with an IP takes time and effort.

With that said, here's a cool game which does use Mickey's recent presence on the public domain in a cooler way imo: an indie game where you fight ninjas as public domain characters
I see. So, with that, is it just me, or have movie studios become lazy and not willing to put in the hard work much (or at all) for doing harder things like the genuine and artsy stuff?

I mean, also, they aren't seemingly trying to be creative, either.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Starting the year off with a streaming removal as Codename Kids Next Door was yanked off Max.

The show is still available on Boomerang.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Starting the year off with a streaming removal as Codename Kids Next Door was yanked off Max.

The show is still available on Boomerang.
HBO Max Spain subscribers:
No seriously, HBO Max Spain makes me want to pay for a VPN because It has like zero classic CN stuff.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see. So, with that, is it just me, or have movie studios become lazy and not willing to put in the hard work much (or at all) for doing harder things like the genuine and artsy stuff?

I mean, also, they aren't seemingly trying to be creative, either.
Considering everyone was talking about it being an inevitability all last year people didn't exactly have to look very far to get the idea either.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I hate to start this new year off with such poor news, but it seems like SE will be aggressive in their AI usage: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nt-says-it-will-be-aggressive-in-applying-ai/

My reply is. Let us tell them like this: "We as customers, will be aggressive in not spending any money to them, until they can realize how bad AI is."

TLDR:
“We also intend to be aggressive in applying AI and other cutting-edge technologies to both our content development and our publishing functions,” the exec wrote.

“In the short term, our goal will be to enhance our development productivity and achieve greater sophistication in our marketing efforts. In the longer term, we hope to leverage those technologies to create new forms of content for consumers, as we believe that technological innovation represents business opportunities.”

Earlier in the letter, Kiryu spoke about the impact of generative AIs such as ChatGPT, which he noted had quickly expanded to cover images, video, and music.

“I believe that generative AI has the potential not only to reshape what we create, but also to fundamentally change the processes by which we create, including programming,” he said.

Square Enix’s previous president, Yosuke Matsuda, used last year’s letter to express the company’s commitment to blockchain technology. In the latest letter, Kiryu said the company would continue to support these efforts.

Same **** of AI usage happened for Xbox in november. Xbox announced a multi-year deal with Inworld to build AI dialogue and narrative tools at scale.

I feel like things are going to get soulless... I'm worried that the future of gaming might turn out to not have as much soul anymore. It feels like they are getting much more out of touch with the userbase.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate to start this new year off with such poor news, but it seems like SE will be aggressive in their AI usage: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...nt-says-it-will-be-aggressive-in-applying-ai/

My reply is. Let us tell them like this: "We as customers, will be aggressive in not spending any money to them, until they can realize how bad AI is."

TLDR:
“We also intend to be aggressive in applying AI and other cutting-edge technologies to both our content development and our publishing functions,” the exec wrote.

“In the short term, our goal will be to enhance our development productivity and achieve greater sophistication in our marketing efforts. In the longer term, we hope to leverage those technologies to create new forms of content for consumers, as we believe that technological innovation represents business opportunities.”

Earlier in the letter, Kiryu spoke about the impact of generative AIs such as ChatGPT, which he noted had quickly expanded to cover images, video, and music.

“I believe that generative AI has the potential not only to reshape what we create, but also to fundamentally change the processes by which we create, including programming,” he said.

Square Enix’s previous president, Yosuke Matsuda, used last year’s letter to express the company’s commitment to blockchain technology. In the latest letter, Kiryu said the company would continue to support these efforts.

Same **** of AI usage happened for Xbox in november. Xbox announced a multi-year deal with Inworld to build AI dialogue and narrative tools at scale.

I feel like things are going to get soulless... I'm worried that the future of gaming might turn out to not have as much soul anymore. It feels like they are getting much more out of touch with the userbase.
All the blockchain stuff ended up doing was cause them to sell some of their most beloved properties to fund an already sinking ship. Honestly I think Square just tells their investors "we're gonna be investing in the new big tech thing" at the beginning of every year at this point.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

TLDR:

Both the Creative minds at the gaming industry, and us the consumers, should follow the example of the writers and actors of Hollywood and strike against Square Enix and Microsoft. Not supporting any project which uses AI will greatly help too.

As for the future of gaming: as long as there are genuine creatives, smaller studios and young innovators, gaming will keep being awesome. And we won't let big companies ruin It for us.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
All the blockchain stuff ended up doing was cause them to sell some of their most beloved properties to fund an already sinking ship. Honestly I think Square just tells their investors "we're gonna be investing in the new big tech thing" at the beginning of every year at this point.
Fortunately, not every JP companies are using AI, I think Nintendo isn't using AI at all for their main games at least, and even actually chose to not partecipate in NFT stuff which is what a good portion of JP companies unfortunately seem to be following, thinking it would make them money. As long as creative blood exists things should be fine, i am simply afraid of how things may end up in future if it's not carefully taught about or something.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Sigh... when will they learn about how bad AI innovation is? I'd like to think japanese people would at least be aware of how bad such usage is for, as well as how bad NFT is, but they're hopeless at this point...
Can we not act like all the Big Bad Stupid Japanese are all collectively into AI because they're so silly and dumb? Like, SE going hard on it is awful but this is a gross way of looking at it

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Can we not act like all the Big Bad Stupid Japanese are all collectively into AI because they're so silly and dumb? Like, SE going hard on it is awful but this is a gross way of looking at it
Alright, I will edit the post. I am rather jaded about the fact that the usage of AI is being normalized, especially from last year like finding out the One Piece remake is going to use 'cutting edge technology' (last time it was mentioned, said studio used AI for it).
However, I was rather harsh about it and I do apologize for the tone.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Just texted my crush and my old crush (the one who I went to see Blue Beetle and Barbie with, we are still great friends it's just she has a boyfriend already and isn't poly, so yeah) to see if they wanna both come with my IRL friends to Triana this thursday.

Would be dope to see both there, they are awesome people who I am glad to have met.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I am rather jaded about the fact that the usage of AI is being normalized, especially from last year like finding out the One Piece remake is going to use 'cutting edge technology' (last time it was mentioned, said studio used AI for it).
We literally know nothing about The One Piece remake. "Cutting Edge Technology" is a very vague term, and Wit Studio's use of AI in their anime was not well received at all, so I don't think it's as likely as some people might think. It's fear mongering

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People just like to make childhood properties into horror-related projects to be edgy for the sake of it because shock value.

TLDR:

They keep on this path. The events of Terminator is bound to happen sooner or later...

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sure!

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? What does Minnie Mouseify-ing entail?
Im trying to get that old timey feel minnie mouse has in Steamboat (seeing how its only that minnie thats in public domain. I belive. The curent one, id get slapped for)

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Yo Noipoi Noipoi , I was also thinking of something you could do with JDPoi from that one comic you did before the Sora reveal.

Remember how you put JDPoi on a Samus armour and It looked really awesome? I was thinking It would be dope if you did JDPoi with Lois Lane's clothing from My Adventures With Superman or with the Timothy Chamalet Wonka/Gonzo fit.

It's ok if you don't wanna do It or would prefer to be paid for your efforts, I could pay it with the savings I have on my debit card if you want.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna help me get a few trade evolutions in Violet?
I wouldn't mind to help, I do have Pokémon Scarlet and maybe I could try and get some evolution Pokémon exclusive from that version to trade with you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone wanna help me get a few trade evolutions in Violet?
I'm free to trade if you wanna

Yo Noipoi Noipoi , I was also thinking of something you could do with JDPoi from that one comic you did before the Sora reveal.

Remember how you put JDPoi on a Samus armour and It looked really awesome? I was thinking It would be dope if you did JDPoi with Lois Lane's clothing from My Adventures With Superman or with the Timothy Chamalet Wonka/Gonzo fit.

It's ok if you don't wanna do It or would prefer to be paid for your efforts, I could pay it with the savings I have on my debit card if you want.
Wanna make a deal?
spamdance.gif

Noipoi

Howdy!
I could try, sure.

I currently have like 17 bucks in the bank, not sure if that'll be enough for something, but if not I can save it for later when I save more.
I usually sell drawings for a minimum of 25-30$ USD. And I’m not interested in emptying your pockets.

But if you wanna pay me in full later for something I draw now, I’d be willing to work that out :nifty:

Top Bottom